DO Advice for DO? 3.6 sGPA, Upenn, 27 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Temet Nosce

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to gauge my chances of a D.O. acceptance for 2015 with the following stats:

*Undergraduate degree in accounting, 3.0 GPA (only 1 science course taken in astronomy)
*Informal pre-health post-bac at West Chester (Pennsylvania), GPA: 3.95 (based on 7 science courses)
*Formal post-bac at University of Pennsylvania: GPA: 3.35 (based on 8 science courses)
*Cumulative post-bac sGPA: 3.6
*MCAT: 27 (PS 10, VR 7, BS 10)
*400 hours of volunteer lab research plus 6 month stint volunteering in hospital ER

When I applied for 2014 admission I wasn't able to get primary applications out until January. I applied to eleven D.O. schools; I received nine rejections and two interviews (LECOM and Liberty) which resulted in spots on their respective wait-lists. At this point I am not banking on an acceptance.

I will be sending out 2015 applications in June. I am curious if anyone has any thoughts about how much differently I will fare getting my apps out early. I would really prefer not needing to retake the MCAT! While the 7 in VR is low, I'd like to think it is offset somewhat by the 10s in both science sections. Likewise, while my Upenn GPA is a little low, I've been consoling myself with the fact that it was Upenn.

Thank you, any advice will be sincerely appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.