Advice for M2 Would Be Appreciated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LichenPlanus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

First, I want to thank everyone for all their posts on this subforum, it has been quite helpful. I'm currently an M2 and have developed a growing interest in dermatology. I'm about to finish M2, and I'm gearing up strongly for boards. I'm currently in the Top 1/3 of my class, but I can still move upward in 3rd year, which is the plan. I have a few questions I would appreciate any responses to: Any advice on do's/dont's for getting to know my derm program, introductions, meetings, shadowing, etc? Anything one should watch out for, and avoid doing for example?

I've searched and read through the forum for information, but just wanted to make sure I get the big picture. Any advice on how you would approach this for those who have successfully matched or are current residents/attendings? Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

First, I want to thank everyone for all their posts on this subforum, it has been quite helpful. I'm currently an M2 and have developed a growing interest in dermatology. I'm about to finish M2, and I'm gearing up strongly for boards. I'm currently in the Top 1/3 of my class, but I can still move upward in 3rd year, which is the plan. I have a few questions I would appreciate any responses to: Any advice on do's/dont's for getting to know my derm program, introductions, meetings, shadowing, etc? Anything one should watch out for, and avoid doing for example?

I've searched and read through the forum for information, but just wanted to make sure I get the big picture. Any advice on how you would approach this for those who have successfully matched or are current residents/attendings? Thank you for your time.

Looks like you are doing all the right things. I would start to introduce yourself to your program if you haven't already done so. Is there a faculty member who usually works closely with students? If you have some spare time, spending a few days shadowing isn't a bad idea either. If you can handle it (and I'd probably wait until after boards), try to get your feet wet with some case reports too.