Advice for May 2012 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedSS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm registered for the May 24th MCAT test date and I've been enrolled in the TPR hyperlearning course. So far I'm practically done with Biology, Gen Chem, Organic Chem, and about halfway through with physics. I've only taken 1 practice exam (the diagnostic), where should I go from here? And what advice do you have for someone not strong in physics?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have the In-Class Compendium and TPRH Science Workbook? Those have tons of passages. I really think the key to doing well on the MCAT is doing tons and tons of passages. From what I'm seeing in the practice passages, it is important that you know the content, but FAR more important that you can do the type of thinking required for the questions, and do it quickly.

If you can get your hands on BR passages as well, do those too. And practice tests. I think it's probably about 20% content review and 80% practice practice practice lol. It's easy to know the material really well but still bomb the MCAT because you're not accustomed to the type of thinking you need in order to answer the questions quickly.

There are so many passages and free standings you can do. I suggest you start doing them, TIMED.