Advice for MCAT/Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

carina nebula

sorry about that. i guess i was a little insensitive.

Members don't see this ad.

Here is my situation:

took the MCAT april 16

got 10VR/10PS/12 BS, T writing for a total of 32 T

not out of this world, but a good score.

one meds chool let me apply for this coming fall (2007) with a late mcat--Loma Linda U. They told me with my GPA (4.0), anything above a 30 would most likely get me in for this year (apparently a bunch of *******es took teh MCAT last year because scores were low).

at any rate, i won't likely get any scholarship or anything because of the special situation. however, i dont' REALLY want to wait another year, because i already took 5 years for college and i amjust eager to get med school "over with" and get my life going.

do you think it's worth it to wait another year and apply elsewhere? would a 32 get me in anywhere but state schools? i'm definitely not retaking--though it's not an astronomical score, it's a good score.

oh, and i'm from ohio, so i could assuredly get in state schools--would it get me scholarship?

thanks.

There's soooo much wrong with this, I don't even know where to begin. Therefore, I've decided to just highlight the...well...highlights, and leave it to somebody else.

Wow..I'm surprised you didn't get "preliminary" offers of scholarships purely on account of your award-winning, bedside manner too...

Wow....

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is my situation:

took the MCAT april 16

got 10VR/10PS/12 BS, T writing for a total of 32 T

not out of this world, but a good score.

one meds chool let me apply for this coming fall (2007) with a late mcat--Loma Linda U. They told me with my GPA (4.0), anything above a 30 would most likely get me in for this year (apparently a bunch of *******es took teh MCAT last year because scores were low).

You forgot to mention that the main reason Loma Linda told you that you were practically in is b/c you are SDA... minor details...

yeah that's true, i won't deny it. on the loma linda thread, i told everyone that you have a MUCH better chance of getting in if you are adventist. obviously a religiously affiliated school is going to make efforts to have people there that are the same religion...makes sense to me.

anyways i didn't mean to appear callous or anything, i'm just trying ot make objective decisions on what is a pretty big decision for my life. obviously i don't think i'll get huge amounts of money anywhere, my mcat isn't that great, but anything to avoid being 200 grand in debt by the time i'm done (loma linda is a pretty penny)...

but i think i'll just go with LLU. it'll get me in this year to avoid taking a year off and losing academic momentum. gotta get ready for the marathon, not the sprint.

Hundreds of kids from Loma Linda just sighed upon reading your decision

(apparently a bunch of *******es took teh MCAT last year because scores were low).

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm....yeah!!!!!
Wow!!!!!!!