Advice for retaking MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lonewolf62

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scored a 31 on my first MCAT with a score of B 12 P 10 V 9. I have a 4.0 GPA at a state college and am a white male. Should I retake the MCAT to try and get higher if I want to go somewhere in the top 25 such as University of Washington or others similar. Unfortunately where I live I do not have a lot of opportunity for research so I do not have any experience there and I have approximately 50 hours of job shadowing to this point.

Members don't see this ad.

I scored a 31 on my first MCAT with a score of B 12 P 10 V 9. I have a 4.0 GPA at a state college and am a white male. Should I retake the MCAT to try and get higher if I want to go somewhere in the top 25 such as University of Washington or others similar. Unfortunately where I live I do not have a lot of opportunity for research so I do not have any experience there and I have approximately 50 hours of job shadowing to this point.

Post your question here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/pre-medical-allopathic-md.10/