Advice for Saudi Arabian Med Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ali Alsaif

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This is my first post here. I'm a second year medical student in Saudi Arabia (we have a 6 year medical program over here). Anyways, I plan on studying the first three major subjects I've studied this year for Step 1; Physiology, Biochemistry, and Anatomy.

My plan now is buy the kaplan lecture notes for each of those subjects and study from First Aid. Also, I might use BRS Physiology for reference as everyone is advising me.

Do you think I should follow through with this plan? Also, keep in mind that my biochemistry foundation is sadly very weak.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know how they teach basic science over there l, but doing Kaplan videos will get you used to how you need to approach the Usmle. As for first aid, the earlier you become familiar with it, the less work you'll have to do in the end.

Biochem is taught really well in the Kaplan videos. Besides, The general consensus is that whatever is written in first aid is enough for biochem. Good luck!

If your biochem is weak you wont understand the pathways in FA. Watch the kaplan videos or najeeb lectures.

I don't know how they teach basic science over there l, but doing Kaplan videos will get you used to how you need to approach the Usmle. As for first aid, the earlier you become familiar with it, the less work you'll have to do in the end.

Biochem is taught really well in the Kaplan videos. Besides, The general consensus is that whatever is written in first aid is enough for biochem. Good luck!
Are you referring to kaplan's online prep videos?
If so, do you think it's worth the money, because from my standpoint, it doesn't; considering that I only plan on studying 3 subjects.
I really hope everyone is referring to another set of kaplan videos.