DO advice for school list; cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.5, 25mcat chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katsmeow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm been having some extreme application (and plans-about-the-future) anxiety and would like some advice, and feedback on my school list as I'll be applying this cycle. I'll be two years into a gap by Fall 2016, and I wanna know if my chances are too low and if I should even apply, or take another year and work on my MCAT before applying. I wanna try to do this process only once if possible for financial reasons.

NY, ORM, female
cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.5
1st MCAT 2014 VR 7 / PS 6 / BS 10 = 23; 2nd MCAT 2014: 8 / 9 / 8 = 25
ECS: 130+ hrs interning at a hospital doing transports/observing procedures/surgeries in cardiology, one semester of research with neurobiology professor. 3+years of leading volunteer and cultural/social orgs, 1 school year of gen chem TA, and 2 yrs RA. Currently doing research for a small supplemental company and will do CityYear for the following school year.
Shadowing: a summer shadowing an MD, now shadowing DO (expecting LOR)

My list is (with reaches towards the bottom):
VCOM-VC
NYIT COM
MU COM
OH-HCOM
UNECOM
TouroCOM-NY
LECOM
Rowan
PCOM
MSUCOM

Any I should reconsider taking off or adding on?

I'd like to stay in the NE, but my end goal is to be a doctor, so anything to improve my chances, I'll take. I've considered applying to a masters forensic program as a back up plan, because I'm worried about being out of school for too long.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all, I'm been having some extreme application (and plans-about-the-future) anxiety and would like some advice, and feedback on my school list as I'll be applying this cycle. I'll be two years into a gap by Fall 2016, and I wanna know if my chances are too low and if I should even apply, or take another year and work on my MCAT before applying. I wanna try to do this process only once if possible for financial reasons.

NY, ORM, female
cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.5
1st MCAT 2014 VR 7 / PS 6 / BS 10 = 23; 2nd MCAT 2014: 8 / 9 / 8 = 25
ECS: 130+ hrs interning at a hospital doing transports/observing procedures/surgeries in cardiology, one semester of research with neurobiology professor. 3+years of leading volunteer and cultural/social orgs, 1 school year of gen chem TA, and 2 yrs RA. Currently doing research for a small supplemental company and will do CityYear for the following school year.
Shadowing: a summer shadowing an MD, now shadowing DO (expecting LOR)

My list is (with reaches towards the bottom):
VCOM-VC
NYIT COM
MU COM
OH-HCOM
UNECOM
TouroCOM-NY
LECOM
Rowan
PCOM
MSUCOM

Any I should reconsider taking off or adding on?

I'd like to stay in the NE, but my end goal is to be a doctor, so anything to improve my chances, I'll take. I've considered applying to a masters forensic program as a back up plan, because I'm worried about being out of school for too long.

Thanks in advance!
http://mdapplicants.com/profile.php...cepted,search_school:165,psr:0,orderby:,order:

With a MCAT of 25 you need to add more schools where the median MCAT is in the 24 to 27 range. Consider adding
CUSOM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
ACOM
WCU-COM
LUCOM
Burrell