Advice needed for my current & future situations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted565160

Hello all, a little background of myself before I start.
- F-1 VISA Student in California
- 5th year undergrad with 3.3 oGPA/3.1 sGPA
- 22 AA/22 TS/22 PAT (Aug 2013)
- Primary App turned into AADSAS mid-Aug 2014
- Rejected from LLU this cycle and still waiting for UCLA, Western, USC

My questions are,
1. Is it normal to hear back NOTHING from these schools this late?
2. What are my options next year if I am not accepted to any schools?

I understand that a lot more information is needed for a thorough answer but I am getting very nervous and impatient. With that said, any kind of outside input would be appreciated. Thank you guys in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

It is probably your F-1 Visa status that is holding you back, along with low GPA for both overall and sciene. Your best bet? SMP IMO.

I would suggest post bacc work or an SMP. Your DAT looks good so just maintain an upward trend and work out those extracurriculars.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not sure if schools issue F-1 visa for post bacc program. I would apply for master's.

It is probably your F-1 Visa status that is holding you back, along with low GPA for both overall and sciene. Your best bet? SMP IMO.
What exactly is SMP? Sorry, I am not familiar with the terms used here.

What exactly is SMP? Sorry, I am not familiar with the terms used here.
An SMP is a special masters program. Its a 1-2 year graduate degree program usually taken at a medical/dental school that challenges you to make as close to a 4.0 as possible while showing admissions comittee members that you are able to handle the rigors and structure of professional-level sciences. Its a good way to make up for a less than stellar undergrad gpa.

Status
Not open for further replies.