Advice needed for retaking MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blastokine

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got my scores back from the Sep. 10 test today and all in all I need to retake this thing. I was using Kaplan to study for the first go around and it is really great how they have the higher score guarantee which means I can basically get all the features back for another go around. The thing is I've already exhausted a lot of Kaplan's practice materials (qbank, like 6-7 FL tests, passage based questions, AAMC material). Even though the review videos and the books will still help me greatly I know doing the same questions again will inflate my results even if I don't fully remember them. \

Does anyone know if Kaplan (or AAMC) will release new material for this next cycle of MCAT's? Is there another party that has good tests that I can just buy a set of tests from?

Also, I have been offered a full time job in clinical research and am not sure what to do now that I need to retake the MCAT. Does anyone have any experience studying for the MCAT while working full time, if so any advice?

Any advice will be much appreciated, thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

I retook the MCAT working a full time job. I worked 8 to 5, MOnday through friday. I spent a month and a half like this while studying for my retake and got 5 points. Time wise, I would do a practice section before work and 2 after. Take a FL on Saturday and review the FL and do practice in my weak areas on sunday. It sucked and I felt like I was dying but I went from a 509 to a 514. If you want more details I'd be happy to share but I just want you to know it is possible.