advice needed from any kind soul

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PEPISSESCE

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have my step one exam on Dec 19. Took the Nbme 11
Not happy with my score 228(500). Heard we need to substract 10 points from our score and that would drop my score to even low.
2 months more and would it be possible to boost score by 30 points.
Any suggestion, help or sharing of experience would be genuinely appreciated.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanx for replying.
I did Kaplan notes and videos, goljan and doing Fa.
I did uworld and it was 77% right.
I am going through goljan and Kaplan notes again.

258 is a tough goal to achieve but definitely possible. You didn't mention anything about Pathoma, have you tried that yet? Also Kaplan notes and videos are a solid base to review, I'm also currently studying for Step 1 and have been using them. I would also recommend doing another qbank (personally I like USMLE Rx, as it helps engrave those FA concepts. Just be sure to take your time with it and understand the material thoroughly rather than trying to "get through the pages". Try to not to burn out all your resources before the big day. Keep going through your notes thoroughly (especially the notes you've made from UWorld concepts) and keep up with questions (either Rx/UWorld/NBME). Also, once you're up in the 250+ zone it starts coming down to luck on the day of so don't focus too much on the number. I'm no authority as I haven't written yet but from the numerous threads I've read and many people I've spoken to that have written the exam that is the best advice I can give you, I hope you find it useful.

Members don't see this ad :)
@bluejay.

Thank you so much bluejay.I really appreciate you for taking out time of your schedule and writing to me.

I started patho with Kaplan patho.later came to know that it wasnt enough so switched to goljan, I wanted to watch pathoma videos but didnt have them and it was already too late so I stick to goljan.
Another qbank would be good idea, I agree.will consider it and I think I should do it.

Thanks a lot for saying its not impossible.
Wish you Goodluck for your exam.:)
God bless.

@BlueJay25

Thank you so much bluejay.I really appreciate you for taking out time of your schedule and writing to me.

I started patho with Kaplan patho.latercame to know that it wasnt enough so switched to goljan, I wanted to watch pathoma videos but didnt have them and it was already too late so I stick to goljan.
Another qbank would be good idea, Iagree.will consider it and I think I should do it.

Thanks a lot for saying its not impossible.
Wish you Goodluck for your exam.attachFull186039
God bless.

Attachments

• upload_2014-10-7_20-53-39.png
    upload_2014-10-7_20-53-39.png
    95 bytes · Views: 53
Reactions: 1 user