advice needed!!! from reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Todafullest

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDNers,
I am reapplying for 2012 cycles and here are my stats.
--> cGPA 3.00, sGPA 2.97, BCP:3.10
Ironically, my sGPA is brought down by Math, which I received a perfect score on my DAT.
Academic average= 23
Total science= 22
Bio=21
Chem=23
Orgo=25
QR=30
RC=18
PAT=23

I have Masters in Biomedical science and have Psychology and Biology bachelor's degrees. My GPA goes from 1.5 to 2.8 to 3.22 (where I got my bachelor's degrees) to 3.5 (where I got my master's degree)
I have enough hours of research, volunteer, shadowing, and work.

Please give me your honest thoughts on my numbers.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello SDNers,
Ironically, my sGPA is brought down Math, which I received a perfect score on my DAT.
Academic average= 23
Total science= 22
Bio=21
Chem=23
Orgo=25
QR=30
RC=18
PAT=23

I have Masters in Biomedical science and have Psychology and Biology bachelor's degrees. My GPA goes from 1.5 to 2.8 to 3.2 to 3.5.

Nothing you can do at this point but apply.....right?

Few things you can do to improve your odds are:
-apply alot, I am talking 20+ schools
-apply early, the earlier the better
-did you do well in your masters? If yes, you have from now till June to seek out some schools that have a history of looking past the GPA and paying more attention to recent course work.... 2 schools come to mind are Detroit Mercy and U of Michigan.
-This is coming from my personal experience, avoid Case Western Reserve, they have a hard-on for overall numbers, especially if you are out-of-state

If you play this right, with that huge DAT, I think you have a shot of making it.

Hello SDNers,
Ironically, my sGPA is brought down Math, which I received a perfect score on my DAT.
Academic average= 23
Total science= 22
Bio=21
Chem=23
Orgo=25
QR=30
RC=18
PAT=23

I have Masters in Biomedical science and have Psychology and Biology bachelor's degrees. My GPA goes from 1.5 to 2.8 to 3.2 to 3.5.

I have almost identical stats, but kinda reversed math and RC. I'm just as scared.

Can you take a few more science classes? Dude, those are some sweet numbers. Just get that 2.97 to 3.00 and you'd be in a good place.

30 on QR :eek: