Advice needed! Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hpdoc2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I've been on student doctor for a while and generally just lurk but I need some advice and this seems like the best place to hear from some people who've already been in this situation, or can generally give me some helpful opinions.

I'm about to take step 1 in a little under 3 weeks. I had some health issues and had to take some time off med school and now I just want to get this step 1 thing done and get back to school. Problem is that taking that time off really hurt me because I forgot a lot of the stuff I learned from the first two years. I've been studying for a bit over a month now and my scores are as follows:

Uworld SA1- 197 (at beginning)
Uworld SA2- 206
NBME 13- 207
NBME 16- 211
NBME 17- 202 :( (most recent)
Uworld % (not mixed)- 62%
Kaplan (mixed)- 50%

I haven't studied all of FA yet. Still have Cardio, GI, Heme and MSK left. Hoping to finish in the next two weeks and then take a week to review and then give it my best shot. I just want to pass. I'm not sure if my school will let me take anymore time off and I don't want to ask if I have a safe shot at passing (193 would be fine- just want to move on with my life). What do you guys think? Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.