Advice on 2 weeks left.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sskater

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I took my Kaplan Final 2 days ago. Here are the scores:(vs Diagnostic)
Diagnostic
Bio: 14 -> 19
GC: 12 -> 18
OC: 17 -> 20
RC: 18 -> 24
QR: 15 -> 19
TS: 14 ->19
AA: 15 ->20
PAT: 16 ->19

So with 2.5 weeks to go, I thought i would be on track on getting a 21+ by test day. But today I took the Kaplan Practice test #3 to abysmal results.

Bio: 22
GC: 15
OC: 15
RC: 22
QR: 18
TS: 18
AA: 18
PAT: 21

I have no idea how I bombed the OC section, usually its my most comfortable section. GC was really weird, I saw problems I've never seen before on there. But hey at least its before test day.

So any advice on tackling these last 2 weeks?
My plan was to take a practice test every other day, and review on the off days using CHAD, Cliffs(2nd time), Feralis(2nd time), some Kap online material, Bootcamp subsections(are these worthed?)

I have 2 more kaplan tests left then I will move on to Bootcamp.

Thoughts?

[EDIT]: Reviewing my answers right now for GC/OC. Lots of obvious blatant miscalculations or I failed to see the question correctly. I might've been really tired or something then :| Need to work on stamina!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'd say start bootcamp ASAP. If you know how to do everything on bootcamp, you will know how to do everything on the real DAT.

I feel like a DAT Bootcamp salesman...

I definitely will be doing the actual practice tests from DAT Bootcamp after 2 more Kaplan tests.
In the meantime, I've been doing the sub-subject tests. Good idea?

Sskater, I've taken the test before and have seen questions that Kaplan has in the chemistries that I don't believe will be tested on the actual DAT. That being said, all of them could be fair game so don't get too confident either. Just keep working hard and you can do it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sskater, I've taken the test before and have seen questions that Kaplan has in the chemistries that I don't believe will be tested on the actual DAT. That being said, all of them could be fair game so don't get too confident either. Just keep working hard and you can do it!
AND NOW i finally remember, I answered your heat of hydrogenation question!
Yeah Kaplan tests some stuff that even Chad doesn't talk about, makes me frustrated :\
But yeah I'll keep my head up and keep working at it.

Thanks guys.

I would look into pat practice though because I don't think Kaplan pat is up to the level of the real DAT. Bootcamp can help you on that (overall bootcamp pat is harder than real thing)