advice on beating the AA 20

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MIkeNB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, it seems as if people are getting AA of 18s and 19s while studying for months. I am not a predent. I am a prepod and I am taking the DAT (alternative to MCAT) to change my conditional acceptance to fully accepted (I need AA of 20). HOwever, it seems as if people are having a hard time getting AA 20 and are studying for months. I only have 1 month to prepare for the DAT. Is this even possible scoring an AA20? I've been studying for a while and I am getting down to my last week. I skimmed through Cliff AP bio, Racing through Destroyer 2008, hyperlearning MCAT for chem and Ochem, planning to use Kaplan for RC and Destroyer for QR. So from all of your experiences....is getting an AA of 20 really hard if you try ur best to study 4-5 hours on week days?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, it seems as if people are getting AA of 18s and 19s while studying for months. I am not a predent. I am a prepod and I am taking the DAT (alternative to MCAT) to change my conditional acceptance to fully accepted (I need AA of 20). HOwever, it seems as if people are having a hard time getting AA 20 and are studying for months. I only have 1 month to prepare for the DAT. Is this even possible scoring an AA20? I've been studying for a while and I am getting down to my last week. I skimmed through Cliff AP bio, Racing through Destroyer 2008, hyperlearning MCAT for chem and Ochem, planning to use Kaplan for RC and Destroyer for QR. So from all of your experiences....is getting an AA of 20 really hard if you try ur best to study 4-5 hours on week days?
I don't think it's hard. But why don't you take couple of practice tests to get an idea of what you could potentially score on the real test?

Yea i am planning to take practice tests on my last few days of studying. As of right now, i still need to cram cram cram.

I think it's important to take practice exams on and off through studying to gauge what your weaknesses are. but since you say you are on your last week, I would recommend you go ahead and take a practice test now. good luck.