Advice on Medical Schools Abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dhooy7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking to go to medical school abroad. Not sure if I will move back to the USA or not. I'm looking for good quality medical schools preferably that speak English. I am trying to save on money and not take tons of debt out. Any advice? I thought about Mexico, Panama. Any other recommendations with good quality schools preferably speaking English?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't go abroad if you aren't willing to fork out a load of money. None of the cheap schools are good to be honest. You basically pay for what you get, all the good medical schools in good countries are expensive. Normally you are subsidized by your government if you are their citizen, but if you go abroad be prepared to pay full price.

I don't recommend a single cheap medical school abroad, none of them are in 1st world countries, that produce world leading research and are respected by US doctors. Stay in the US if you want something more affordable.

Reactions: 1 user
really? people in the Australia forum say that they can borrow federal loans for med school abroad....

Ok, so what. That doesn't dispute what he said. You still have to pay that money back at some point, and Australian medical schools are very expensive for internationals.

Reactions: 1 user