advice on national health service corps scholarship application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I guess the latest thing on the facebook page is that somebody called the NHSC call center and they said that acceptance letters went out on September 30th, so you should get a letter next week if you got an acceptance, or a little later if you got a rejection. So much for sticking to the deadline.

Members don't see this ad.

latest on the FB group is that we'll hear back on early this week

Just got an acceptance email!!! They said a snail mail letter will come by October 15th. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats pchela!! I just received the e-mail with an acceptance also, and I was a finalist!!! I feel so blessed :))) Good luck to everyone!!

Just got the rejection email, sucks..

I dont know what to think, I got 2 acceptance emails, then 3rd that said to please disregard the last email sent and that i didnt get it...I guess it's safe to say i didnt get it, but holding on to some hope till i can make a phone call tomorrow.

anyone else get this double email?

What?! That is really weird. I got two emails as well, but both said the same thing. I'm sorry you're being yanked around like that.

I dont know what to think, I got 2 acceptance emails, then 3rd that said to please disregard the last email sent and that i didnt get it...I guess it's safe to say i didnt get it, but holding on to some hope till i can make a phone call tomorrow.

I got rejected maybe that was a mistake too? hahaha just kidding.:laugh:

I received 2 Acceptance emails!:love::love::love: God is good! I am sooo happy! Best day EVER. Goodluck to everyone. And know that if you didn't get it then there is something BETTER for you. Don't feel bad.:thumbup:

:love::love::love::love: AFTER WEEKS OF BACK AND FORTH AND STRUGGLING, I WAS AWARDED !!! GOD HAS BEEN MIRACULOUS AND MERCIFUL TOWARDS ME:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

is anyone going to the new scholar conference in AL?

Have any of you received the official acceptance package through snail mail yet? They said they would send it soon over 3 weeks ago, and still nothing yet :shrug:

Last edited:
Check your bank account CoachJawbone....our stipends were deposited yesterday

so what are the chances of getting this thing as a dental student for 2 year term?

Has anyone who applied in the 2012 cycle ( the deadline was May 8) heard anything. I know it is early, because the decisions are supposed to be made by September 30. But in the previous years it looks like people were selected for interviews and finalist lists... anyone out there waiting to hear back?

Has anyone who applied in the 2012 cycle ( the deadline was May 8) heard anything. I know it is early, because the decisions are supposed to be made by September 30. But in the previous years it looks like people were selected for interviews and finalist lists... anyone out there waiting to hear back?

haven't heard anything

Stillmaticbeat, you need to just relax and wait it out. Last year, scholars didn't hear about being finalists until August and it was quite awhile after that when we heard about actual selection. The NHSC no longer does interviews either, so don't worry about that. It is all based on your application -- you will get all necessary info via email.