Advice on NCAA sports

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

britsmedicine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I attend a division III school, and I just finished up my freshman year of college taking:
FALL
Bio I w/ lab:4.0
Eng 101:3.7
Genetics seminar:4.0
Healthcare:4.0
Intro to Sociology:4.0
SPRING
Bio II w/ lab: 4.o
Chem I w/lab:4.0
Ancient Roman History:4.0
French: 4.0

I am pretty proud of grades, and I was able to balance school and my sport--lacrosse;however, I barely was able to get everything done. As I am moving forward in the future with my academics, I hope I can handle it with my lacrosse load in the spring. Lacrosse is a huge commitement that takes up roughly 20 hours of my week, and that doesnt include traveling, film, etc. My academics will always come first, but I just want honest opinions on if lacrosse will give me an edge on getting into a medical school in the future. Ive got Orgo and upperlevel bio classes next year, and I want to keep up my GPA without having to sacrifice any grades for my sport. On a side note, I have a starting position on my team and we are in a very competitive conference, and I absolutely love the sport.

Members don't see this ad.

You will still have to have everything schools look for (GPA, MCAT, research, clinical, etc), but if you can manage varsity sports on top of all that, it's a big bonus.

also i didnt include that I have a summer research internship , 8 hours of volunteering in an e.r. per week, and a part time job.
Thanks for opinion.