Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Advice on NCAA sports

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by britsmedicine, 05.02.12.

1. britsmedicine

britsmedicine

Pre-Medical

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I attend a division III school, and I just finished up my freshman year of college taking:
    FALL
    Bio I w/ lab:4.0
    Eng 101:3.7
    Genetics seminar:4.0
    Healthcare:4.0
    Intro to Sociology:4.0
    SPRING
    Bio II w/ lab: 4.o
    Chem I w/lab:4.0
    Ancient Roman History:4.0
    French: 4.0

I am pretty proud of grades, and I was able to balance school and my sport--lacrosse;however, I barely was able to get everything done. As I am moving forward in the future with my academics, I hope I can handle it with my lacrosse load in the spring. Lacrosse is a huge commitement that takes up roughly 20 hours of my week, and that doesnt include traveling, film, etc. My academics will always come first, but I just want honest opinions on if lacrosse will give me an edge on getting into a medical school in the future. Ive got Orgo and upperlevel bio classes next year, and I want to keep up my GPA without having to sacrifice any grades for my sport. On a side note, I have a starting position on my team and we are in a very competitive conference, and I absolutely love the sport.
  2. Nymphicus

Nymphicus kane o ke kai Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor

Medical Student
    SDN Published Author SDN 2+ Year Member
    You will still have to have everything schools look for (GPA, MCAT, research, clinical, etc), but if you can manage varsity sports on top of all that, it's a big bonus.
  3. britsmedicine

britsmedicine

Pre-Medical
    also i didnt include that I have a summer research internship , 8 hours of volunteering in an e.r. per week, and a part time job.
    Thanks for opinion.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal