Advice on School List?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TBMcGee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I already applied, but am wondering if I should add more schools to my list.
My cGPA is 4.00
My MCAT score: 31 (PS11/VR9/BS11)
CA Resident, non-URM, female
Solids ECs
My transcripts have not arrived yet...they were sent out last week..I believe they should be marked as received next week and verified early July(according to AMCAS rep for now)...is this still considered relatively early? I know they begin transmission to medical schools next Friday.
Albany
Einstein
Baylor
Boston U
Creighton
UCLA
Drexel
George Washington U
Georgetown
Harvard
Johns Hopkins
USC
Mayo
Medical College of Wisconsin
New York Medical College
Penn State
Rosalind Franklin
Jefferson
Stanford
Temple
Tufts
UCSF
UCSD
UCD
UCI
UCR
University of Rochester
Virginia Commonwealth
Cornell
Yale

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Thanks for the feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

An MCAT of 31 limits you fromthe top schools you had on your list. Goro suggests

Albany
Einstein
Creighton
Drexel
George Washington U
Georgetown
New York Medical College
Penn State
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
SLU
Jefferson
Temple
Tulane
U Miami
Loyola
Tufts
Wake Forest
UCD
UCI
Virginia Commonwealth
EVMS
All new MD schools, except VaTech
Any DO program (Western and TUCOM-CA are in your backyard).

You have 30 schools. Reduce the list by taking out some top tiers; chances at JHU, Stanford, Yale, Cornell, Harvard are low due to the MCAT unfortunately. You can still keep them on if money is not an issue, but 30 secondaries may be a bit much.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have 30 schools. Reduce the list by taking out some top tiers; chances at JHU, Stanford, Yale, Cornell, Harvard are low due to the MCAT unfortunately. You can still keep them on if money is not an issue, but 30 secondaries may be a bit much.

Agreed. If you must have a top tier or two, you better have a really compelling story. You should really cut down the number of schools, otherwise your gonna either burnout OR be unable to write that many quality secondaries.

What was your major and where did you do your undergrad?

Just saw this again! Never forgot to say thank you for taking the time to help me out! I actually received interviews from many of the schools you removed from this list, so it's good I kept my top tiers because I ended up getting into UCSF (dream). Thanks again! :)

An MCAT of 31 limits you fromthe top schools you had on your list. Goro suggests

Albany
Einstein
Creighton
Drexel
George Washington U
Georgetown
New York Medical College
Penn State
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
SLU
Jefferson
Temple
Tulane
U Miami
Loyola
Tufts
Wake Forest
UCD
UCI
Virginia Commonwealth
EVMS
All new MD schools, except VaTech
Any DO program (Western and TUCOM-CA are in your backyard).

Reactions: 1 user
The ECs must have been much more than "solid". Can you share?
Haha, maybe I was being over modest. I had extensive research and clinical experience (non-volunteering). I suppose that helped a lot, since UCSF is big on research.

Reactions: 2 users