Advice on situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in a weird situation and wanted to see what you guys though about it.

Here's the scoop. Since I ended up with a C in organic anyways, my cumulative and science GPAs dropped to 3.30/3.21 respectively. Now I know this isn't horrible, but this isn't really good for DO schools either. I'm taking summer courses and will update my transcript at the end of July. It should look like this:

Cumulative: 3.33
Science: 3.28
Non-Science: 3.34

I will have two more labs as "Not Yet Taken" on the AACOMAS form. Now here's the problem. I'm set to graduate in December and take the final lab course I need in Spring as a non-degree student. Unforatuntely, I'm pretty sure I won't have an acceptance by the deadline for application (Dec 1) assuming I even get an interview. I wanted to graduate to have the degree as leverage in looking for a job.

Would it be more wise you think to stay enrolled into Spring, and maybe take another science course or two? Something fun like Anatomy? Would having a few more sciences as "Yet to Take" help my situation any?

I've been looking into law school and stuff too, but I think two superb semesters in the Fall and next Spring would probably negate the need for any post-bacc. Assuming A's in my remaining classes (which are all easy), I could have this by the end of Spring:

Cumulative: 3.45
Science: 3.44
Non-Science: 3.45

Thanks ahead for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

JKDMed said:
I've been looking into law school and stuff too, but I think two superb semesters in the Fall and next Spring would probably negate the need for any post-bacc. Assuming A's in my remaining classes (which are all easy), I could have this by the end of Spring:

Cumulative: 3.45
Science: 3.44
Non-Science: 3.45

Thanks ahead for any advice.
I think it depends on what you got on the MCAT. If you had a superb score, I'm not sure a tenth increase in GPA will make that much of a difference.

JKDMed said:
I take it in August. :scared:
Good luck on it! I think if you do well, you can go ahead and graduate early because I really don't think a tenth will make a difference. Have fun studying :)