Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j306c954

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here is my situation...

I took the MCAT August 1st. For reasons other than I just felt the test was really hard, I may take it again on September 7th (applying this cycle so that's pretty much the latest I can take it).

I have been really really going into practice tests in depth the past week. My score is stuck in the mid-20's (highest 27, average 25). I took a practice test today (first time in a month) and yet again got a 25. Granted I didn't feel well today, it's still kind of annoying

Hopefully the scores will come out Tuesday. Until then, I am planning on continuing to go over practice tests more (and do the practice section tests from Kaplan) in case I need to take it again. I am aiming to be at least in the 28-30 range. Any advice for other prep ideas in case I need to take it again next Saturday?

I am averaging 8 in PS, 8 in VR, and 9/10 in BS

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I don't think you should take it on the 7th. You haven't had time to study all that much and just by looking at your science scores, you need more/better content review.

Also, it usually isn't advised to apply a the end of the cycle since medsxhools are on a rolling basis.