Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doyouwanttobuildasnowman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I just took my OAT and got TS:320 and AA: 320. I have a 3.3 GPA and over 100 hours of shadowing. I have interviews at PCO and SCO.
I was planning on submitting my application to SUNY after I took my OAT. But my OAT score is below their average OAT score. I know that I can do better if I retake my OAT but I have to wait 3 months, which is too late for this cycle. I really want to go to SUNY because I live abut 15 minutes away. I'm torn between applying for this cycle or going to another optometry school Wang then transferring to SUNY as a new applicant.

Do you think I should just apply for SUNY and possibly be rejected? Or should I go to another optometry school (if accepted) and transfer to SUNY (if accepted)?
Also, can course credits be transferred from one optometry school to another?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I got an interview at suny and I had similar stats I was put on hold but for my science g p a, I know people who were on hold at SUNY until April and ended up getting accepted so I would give I a go. They said they were more prone to giving people in the area interviews.

Transferring would mean starting over and wasting money so I don't see why you would want to do that. Just apply now. It doesn't hurt. If you're really concerned about your score you can apply and let them know that you are going to retake the OAT. Apply anyway and if you don't get in, then decide whether you want to transfer.