Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Usersd2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted into two Master programs. I ultimately want to get my Ph. D and open my open practice in child psychology. I received my BA at ASU already, so i know a little about that program but not so much about the clinical masters of arts program at Dominguez Hills. I just need some guidance in which school to pick for my long term goals. please advice! Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I imagine that asking each program about the number of students who go on to PhD programs, as well as examples of what those schools are, would probably give you the best indication given your career goals.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone feel like ASU is starting to really hurt their image as a worthwhile university?

I have been noticing an increase in the ads for their "doctor" of behavioral health degree. So.........
I know of zero people who are in that know that respect that degree. I looked it up once I was in my program out of curiosity, looks like a total sham to me. I'm honestly surprised it's still around.

And yes, ASU IMO is greatly hurting their name. ASU seems to have a legit academic side, a party side, and then this total sham online Argrosy-esque side.

P.S. Much of my training is health psych/ integrated primary care. As such, I'm pretty tuned into (but not the end all be all) of the general feeling towards that degree.

Last edited:
It seems rather presumptuous for us to judge a university of not being of quality. Mind you, Harvard offers online programs (e.g. MPH), Cornell offers a master's in human resource development, University of Illinois offers many programs online, FSU offers many online programs. You can't make a generalization when you lack the facts. The University of Texas system offers several online programs that are highly reputable. While ASU might be offering a doctoral program in behavioral health that some might question its reputation, that doesn't speak to the quality of the whole university.