Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teamaudio

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm seeking some advice from someone that's been in the same boat as me (or close). I've got my bachelors in audiology from te univ of TN .. Long story short, I love the field but it's entirely too small and gives me no flexibility as far as job openings etc. I applied to 6 AUD programs last yr but didn't get in and the more research I do on job placements the more negative feedback i get. I've shadowed OT's in the past few months and I love it .. I just wanted some advice from people on what to do next.

Location; Id like to be in the Chicago area .. Anyone go to school there? Stats? Competitive?

Gpa: 2.9
I know my gpa is very low and all my extra volunteer and work experience is in audiology. I do meet most Reqs for OT but I feel I should go back ro get my gpa way higher

GRE: 960 writing :4
Probably need to retake this again(took it 2 times already)
Are there any schools/post baccs I could do to bring up my application? I realize that i don't have much time to apply for the 2013 cycle bc I'd probably need to take some more classes so I can basically spend a year getting my app up to par. Help? Suggestions? Thanks everyone

Members don't see this ad.

You would prob want to open up your schools outside of that with that type of gpa and gre just in case. There is no guarantee you will get in to one in the Chicago area.I didn't get in to any in the Chicago area but I applied to many to be safe. I'm going to Bay Path College in MA and I have a higher gre and gpa than that, and work as a rehabilitation counselor. I took a year after my BS in Human Services and Rehabilitation to do observations, to volunteer, work in rehabilitation, recommendation letters, essays etc..than applied but honestly they are all competitive in some shape or form some schools will have 500 to 600 applicants with 30 to 42 seats!

Last edited: