Advising needed wondering if I should stay another year for an MS or take a gap year or apply.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

x1240tony

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
--

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You need more volunteering and shadowing hours.

Also, I wouldn't do a MS unless you are really interested in utilizing that degree in your future career, because otherwise you will pay money to gain a skillset that ultimately will not be of use to you. If all you are interested in getting out of your MS is research experience, there are paid research positions that you might be able to find through your school or outside organizations.

Your early bumps in the road will not hold you back from admittance into medical school as long as your cGPA/sGPA are strong when you apply. Keep doing well in school and strive for excellence, Pritzer and Yale have everage GPAs around 3.9 so you are competing with elite students.

In terms of physics and orgo at CC, it depends on the school, so I would check out your "dream schools" and see what their requirements are. To be safe you should retake those classes at your university.