AEGD at EIOH, Rochester,, 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentbud

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey

did anybody got an interview call yet?

Please share your stats as well.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
so many views and not a single reply,,, nobody got call yet??

Reactions: 1 users
so many views and not a single reply,,, nobody got call yet??

You are way early! Why don't you relax? The interviews are in October and the MATCH is in January... unless you are an international dentist and you are in the wrong forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, in the application, it is said to contact Mona for arranging interview before Sept 15th. I contacted her twice but haven't heard anything. Anyone has similar problem? Should I contact her again?

Hi, in the application, it is said to contact Mona for arranging interview before Sept 15th. I contacted her twice but haven't heard anything. Anyone has similar problem? Should I contact her again?

Hey , I just received an interview invitation from Mona on October 15th.
BTW I'm applying for AEGD for international dentists.

Did u contact her or she did....btw.. How r u preparing for the IV???

Did u contact her or she did....btw.. How r u preparing for the IV???

First I sent her an e-mail on August 25th asking for an interview as they told me to do in the application. Then she replied to me on Sep. 10th. I didn't contact her at all.

Today I called Ms. Marilyn Foy to ask her some questions about the interview, she told me there are no practical or written tests, it's just a personal interview, and for the people who have the interview at 8:30 a.m like me, they will be done at noon.

I hope you receive interview invitation soon.

Congratulations! I am still waiting. I am just getting worried that if I don't hear from Mona before Sept 15th, does it mean I don't meet their interview criteria and I am out? Very annoying waiting... Anyway, goodluck on your interview:)

First I sent her an e-mail on August 25th asking for an interview as they told me to do in the application. Then she replied to me on Sep. 10th. I didn't contact her at all.

Today I called Ms. Marilyn Foy to ask her some questions about the interview, she told me there are no practical or written tests, it's just a personal interview, and for the people who have the interview at 8:30 a.m like me, they will be done at noon.

I hope you receive interview invitation soon.

Thanks so muck for the update. Congrats and good luck!!!

Well I was just browsing around saw the thread, I was on top of my game for this program, I sent my application supper early in early july, and was communicating with the miss Fine, and Marlyn Foy almost every week by e mail and phone. the told me I should contact miss fine in early aug. to schedule an interview once all my application papers were deemed complete. and on aug 1st I mailed her and no response on aug 2nd i think i called her and she said she was working on the schedule i got a response via mail, on aug 19th scheduling me for an interview on sept. 19th. I am scheduled that day. so in a week I should be there. I sincerly dont know how to prep for this but i will download some info on the program the school and be prepared on knowing as much as i can of the program. Miss fine stated that it si a personal interview no test, no showing the campus, just an interview.
Good Luck to all!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Congratulations! I am still waiting. I am just getting worried that if I don't hear from Mona before Sept 15th, does it mean I don't meet their interview criteria and I am out? Very annoying waiting... Anyway, goodluck on your interview:)

Oh no , you misunderstanding point, the deadline for ASKING for an interview is Sep. 15th, I have a friend of mine, she sent an e-mail and asked for invitation yesterday, So I'm pretty sure they're still sending IVs and they will continue sending them even after Sep. 15th.
Best of luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh no , you misunderstanding point, the deadline for ASKING for an interview is Sep. 15th, I have a friend of mine, she sent an e-mail and asked for invitation yesterday, So I'm pretty sure they're still sending IVs and they will continue sending them even after Sep. 15th.

Thanks! :)

Hi all

I have been emailing Marilyn and Mona for weeks on end to see if there are any other options available for international applicants who can't make it to Rochester personally for the interview. No response yet. Any idea if they have allowed some students in past to attend interviews over phone/Skype?

thanks in advance.

I guess there is a few of us for sep 19th!

I don't know how many I just know of you and I.... Any body else??:confused::confused: By the way if you cannot make it personally to the interview I am afraid that will decrease the chances of you being considered not to enroll the program but to get an interview. This program is very competitive as all AEGD so that would be a no no!!! Good Luck all again.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks! :)

Mona Fine scheduled an interview for me for 19 sept.
I am in great confusion as I have requested her to reschedule interview or else provide me an invitation letter(soft copy),I mailed her on 5th sept ( after communicating with her telephonic ally). I have not received any mail from her and also if I am calling she is not responding( probably on leave ).

I am travelling from India for the Interview. If I travel I have to start on 17 sept. what if she reply during that time.

I have also no clue where to report during interview.

Can anyone suggest waht should be done in this situation?

Did u ever get the IV invite?

So today i had my interview in eioh there were about 30 people there at the max it was 2 seperate interviwa one with the residency director and another one with the vice director and a lady that is part of the staff pretty much a comfortable interview about youre backround your goals in 5 years and past experience it seems to me this is a big part of tje selection process I have no idea how i did in it but whi knows at the end it could be just luck i was sxheduled to interview at eleven went in at probably 1 and was done en 10 to 15 mon per interview i dont feel i made an impression but the candidates will be selected in late feb willl see good luck to all :confused:

So today i had my interview in eioh there were about 30 people there at the max it was 2 seperate interviwa one with the residency director and another one with the vice director and a lady that is part of the staff pretty much a comfortable interview about youre backround your goals in 5 years and past experience it seems to me this is a big part of tje selection process I have no idea how i did in it but whi knows at the end it could be just luck i was sxheduled to interview at eleven went in at probably 1 and was done en 10 to 15 mon per interview i dont feel i made an impression but the candidates will be selected in late feb willl see good luck to all :confused:

I agree... They were asking me the same as you said but more so about clinical experience... They wanna make sure, that you have been hands on after graduation...also if u have a research background...very simple and short interview....now all we have to do is wait

I heard one of the residents saying that there is people selected to start in December.... Does anyone know anything about it?

According to the information present in this thread, there are two interview dates until now. One on September, 19th and the other on October, 15th. Could you please mention other interview dates?

According to the information present in this thread, there are two interview dates until now. One on September, 19th and the other on October, 15th. Could you please mention other interview dates?

my friend's interview on Nov 6th.

International applicant and I will be interviewed on Oct. 15th

How many seats are available for the international applicants for AEGD 2014, please?

How many seats are available for the international applicants for AEGD 2014, please?

I think 12 or 13... But how I said in a previous post, I heard from one of the residents that they select ppl to start this December... So I don't know if within those 12/13 ppl would count the selected ones for December. Again... I don't know if that's true or not..

Does anybody have an interview on November 12th, please?

hi im an international dentist. the deadline for rochester is oct 15th so can i still send the application tomorw or is it too late now. btw do they give stipend or we have to pay fees? will appreciate the reply.

Hi anyone heard from UCONN AEGD? please let me know, thanks.

Hi anyone heard from UCONN AEGD? please let me know, thanks.

I think the result will be announced in February next year. These days, the AEGD's director and other staff must be busy with the interviewing of new students and the mechanism of their selection. Please mention each date of the interview that you heard about to give an idea about the number of students who applied this year.

I have my interview scheduled Oct 23. Applying to AEGD International.

I too have an interview call for 23rd october,, international dentist,,, EIOH, Rochester

Mona Fine scheduled an interview for me for 19 sept.
I am in great confusion as I have requested her to reschedule interview or else provide me an invitation letter(soft copy),I mailed her on 5th sept ( after communicating with her telephonic ally). I have not received any mail from her and also if I am calling she is not responding( probably on leave ).

I am travelling from India for the Interview. If I travel I have to start on 17 sept. what if she reply during that time.

I have also no clue where to report during interview.

Can anyone suggest waht should be done in this situation?

Hi,
I am an International dentist from India, how was the interview? CAn u please let me know what do they look for for an Aegd. I have about 10 years of experience in my dental practice, but last 2 years in USa worked as Dental assistant...I understand that they look for fresh clinical experience???? please advise.which states should i apply to start with.???please share your experiences. did u apply from India. ?? all the best to you.

I have my interview scheduled Oct 23. Applying to AEGD International.
which university?? Has UCONN sent the IV calls already?? i havent received anything from them ..

I think the result will be announced in February next year. These days, the AEGD's director and other staff must be busy with the interviewing of new students and the mechanism of their selection. Please mention each date of the interview that you heard about to give an idea about the number of students who applied this year.
Im an international dentist. I applied last month to UCONN, didnt hear anything, even a completion email. Do you know anything about their process? when they will conduct IVs?

which university?? Has UCONN sent the IV calls already?? i havent received anything from them ..

My interview is at EIOH - U of Rochester :)

Last edited:
Dear colleagues who have interview on October 23th:
Could you please share with us your experience and feedback of the interview atmosphere.
Good luck for all of you in your interview.

I too have an interview call for 23rd october,, international dentist,,, EIOH, Rochester
Could you please tell us about your interview experience?

Last edited:
Hi guys, my interview is gonna be on Nov 6 at 10:30, is there anyone who's gonna have their interview the same day?? And please those who went for an interview, could you tell us what questions did they ask you and how was the interview??

Hi guys, my interview is gonna be on Nov 6 at 10:30, is there anyone who's gonna have their interview the same day?? And please those who went for an interview, could you tell us what questions did they ask you and how was the interview??

My interview is gonna be on Nov 12th. I have same inquiry.