AEGD Boston , NOVA, Rochestor Universities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shashi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ,
Is there anyone who can share thier experiences applying for AEGD Boston, NOVA and Rochestor?
My part1 is 81 and now preparing for part2 + work exp in India.
Any inforamtion or exp please help,

Thanks a lot

good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad.

hi
i had applied to roch last yr...dint get an interview date ...
i had 80 in nbd then(retook aftr that)..
i applied 2 weeks before deadline..thats the reason i dint get an i/v date...
they usually look for exp in US n home country,nowadays students are applying with part 1 n 2 scores whch is nt a requirement bt definetly increases chances...
8 spots in roch...i heard around 700 applitn were recieved...
hope that helps...

any body please throw some info. This will be of help because most of u sare spending alot on the applications . Your info can help us to prepare the application.

Thanks all!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
any body please throw some info. This will be of help because most of u sare spending alot on the applications . Your info can help us to prepare the application.

Thanks all!!!
I mailed my application today. I have not taken the boards exams yet. will take it on the 7th. I have done my masters in OMFS from India, over 10 yrs of pvt practice, 3 years of teaching in India, and have only one publication accepted in a peer reviewed journal, again from India. Hope to get at least an interview call.

AEGD courses don't allow us to practice in USA.I was wondering what is the benefit of this course? Are you all want to go back to home country?

AEGD courses don't allow us to practice in USA.I was wondering what is the benefit of this course? Are you all want to go back to home country?

I beg to differ.. AEGD will allow me at least to practice in New York... and at present I cannot move out of NY..so I have applied....and also I have plans to get into academics....I don't know what my fate will be....but this program looks good at last for me.

I beg to differ.. AEGD will allow me at least to practice in New York... and at present I cannot move out of NY..so I have applied....and also I have plans to get into academics....I don't know what my fate will be....but this program looks good at last for me.
OK Thanks for reply. I thought these program are designed for those who want to go back to their home.
Didn't know they offer limited license also..:)

OK Thanks for reply. I thought these program are designed for those who want to go back to their home.
Didn't know they offer limited license also..:)

Licensing requirements vary from state to state. ANd the sate of NY requires either a US degree or a post grad program of at least 2 yrs( which is fulfilled by rochester's 2 yr aegd). The Limited license will be offered only to those who doesn't have citizenship or permanent resident status in US. SInce I am a permanent resident I am hopeful.:xf:

Licensing requirements vary from state to state. ANd the sate of NY requires either a US degree or a post grad program of at least 2 yrs( which is fulfilled by rochester's 2 yr aegd). The Limited license will be offered only to those who doesn't have citizenship or permanent resident status in US. SInce I am a permanent resident I am hopeful.:xf:
You must be older than 35 years still you want to study!! HATS OFF!!:thumbup:

U r right..... I am 36....just wanna take a shot this year... if it doesn't happen... goin back to india...
You should applyBegotted BDS, your a very good candidate, & I am sure you have a very strong chance...You got all they want....
good luck

Hi friends ,
Are we deviating from the thread? wanted to do know what kind of candidates each of them looking for. Please contribute!!!!

It will help a mass of FTD's

Thanks all,
Shashi

Hi friends ,
Are we deviating from the thread? wanted to do know what kind of candidates each of them looking for. Please contribute!!!!

It will help a mass of FTD's

Thanks all,
Shashi
Thanx lesions....your post have sure raised my hopes.

@sashi ... u r right.. I want to know abt it too.:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
At NOVA website it says that the applicant needs to have a valid status in the U.S. to apply as a FTD. Does it mean that the app needs to be a U.S. resident or citizen?

Hi ,
Is there anyone who can share thier experiences applying for AEGD Boston, NOVA and Rochestor?
My part1 is 81 and now preparing for part2 + work exp in India.
Any inforamtion or exp please help,

Thanks a lot

good luck to all.

Sashi,

I applied for EDC at UR in 2008 and got accepted but had difficulty moving form my home town (Ecuador) to Rochester. I applied again for 2011 and already have an interview date. I have never taken the Boards but hava a lor of experience both clinical and teaching. I have been in private practice for 12 years.

It is very hard to understand what they are looking for in a candidate. I am US citizen but a good friend of mine that applied with me in 2008 got accepted to with no Boards, almost no clinical experience and a student visa, he will end his AEGD on June 2011. once you finish this program many doors open in tha continental US.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mario DDS

I mailed my application today. I have not taken the boards exams yet. will take it on the 7th. I have done my masters in OMFS from India, over 10 yrs of pvt practice, 3 years of teaching in India, and have only one publication accepted in a peer reviewed journal, again from India. Hope to get at least an interview call.

What University are you applying for/

Regards

There are some states that will let you practice with an AEGD from an accredited university. NY, Fl, Tx justo to mention some. But you need NDB and State boards.

Regards

At NOVA website it says that the applicant needs to have a valid status in the U.S. to apply as a FTD. Does it mean that the app needs to be a U.S. resident or citizen?

Yes, dont forget that these programs will give you an equivalent to a DDS, and that will let you work your way to licence in the US. But to work in the US you need US citizenship or a green card as a permanent resident.
EDC at UR does not requiere that from their applicants.

Regards

Yes, dont forget that these programs will give you an equivalent to a DDS, and that will let you work your way to licence in the US. But to work in the US you need US citizenship or a green card as a permanent resident.
EDC at UR does not requiere that from their applicants.

Regards

Thank you very much for the answer!!

What about Howard University?
At their website it says that the applicant must be a graduate of an accredited dental school, but in the PASS search engine it says they may consider for admission if graduated from non-acc (international) dental school.

University of Columbia also accepts FTD in their 2 year AEGD, but Tuition and Fees are very expensive.

There are some states that will let you practice with an AEGD from an accredited university. NY, Fl, Tx justo to mention some. But you need NDB and State boards.

Regards
Thanks. I might have to think about this too then:)

Thank you very much for the answer!!

What about Howard University?
At their website it says that the applicant must be a graduate of an accredited dental school, but in the PASS search engine it says they may consider for admission if graduated from non-acc (international) dental school.

University of Columbia also accepts FTD in their 2 year AEGD, but Tuition and Fees are very expensive.

Dont Know much about those Universities, all I can tell you is that the best program is in Rochester since you dont need money, you dont need any special immigration status and once your done with the program you can work your way up till you get your license.

What University are you applying for/

Regards
I have only applied to Rochester AEGD so far... i will apply for nyu and boston and buffelo..if i get a good toefl score. what do you think???

I have only applied to Rochester AEGD so far... i will apply for nyu and boston and buffelo..if i get a good toefl score. what do you think???

I think is ok, you need to apply to many programs so that your chances are higher, In my case I am going to apply only at eastman, that is the best program so if i dont get accepted I will stay in ecuador.

regards

What do you guys know about the AEGD at U Maryland?
Some residents there told me that they no longer give stipend to Internatinoal residents. A one would still have to pay tuition which is about $37000
Do you know more info about this? or if it's not completely true?

thanx!

What do you guys know about the AEGD at U Maryland?
Some residents there told me that they no longer give stipend to Internatinoal residents. A one would still have to pay tuition which is about $37000
Do you know more info about this? or if it's not completely true?

thanx!

Nothing, the only thing that I am sure about is that UR does´nt pay stipend many years ago but does not charge you a tuition either.

dear friends,

Are you sure that NOVA needs greencard & PR only?

is this only from university of rochester and in the state of new york? how about UConn? can you work your way up and get licensure?

hey i need to know is it necessary to take GRE for this program?? i started my pass application but backed of due to GRE, is this a good way to go ? plz advise!

Hi friends

Can anyone share his experience in the interview ?
What teeth did u have to prepare in Boston .....
I am so stressed

You should applyBegotted BDS, your a very good candidate, & I am sure you have a very strong chance...You got all they want....
good luck

I am 40years old and I am planning for DMD /some MSD,..i have not cleared TOEFL, NDBE or anything but still strong to pursue...wish me all the best !!

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody applied to the AEGD program at NOVA for 2015?

@alexamaya
Hello.
I have an interview at NOVA on the 2nd of December.
Also, I am trying to find for someone who has an interview on the same date and is willing to share the accomodation.

@alexamaya
Hello.
I have an interview at NOVA on the 2nd of December.
Also, I am trying to find for someone who has an interview on the same date and is willing to share the accomodation.
Hello , can you tell me when did you recived invitation for interview

Hi friends

Can anyone share his experience in the interview ?
What teeth did u have to prepare in Boston .....
I am so stressed

did you have an interview at bostons aegd program? can you tell me about it? was it just a personal interview or was there a bench test? what all did they ask you to do? thanks in advance!