This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did, I am an ''ALTERNATE CANDIDATE'' now...

Members don't see this ad.

Did anybody applied to NOVA 2016?
I DID. I was invited for the bench test and now they have sent me an email that I am an'' alternate candidate ''as there are only three seats awailable I have very slim chances to get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you apply to any other program?
I went for a couple of interviews and bench test but I havent heard from them

Sent from my SGH-M919 using SDN mobile

No I haven't till now. Where else did you apply? I am yet to give my nbde part 2. That is why I haven't applied anywhere.

I am planning to apply to more programs. I passed partt II las september.
Where are you from?

Good luck on your test, which other programs are you applying to?

As a foreign trained dentist I had to do quite a bit of research to be able to apply to all these programs. This is a list of programs I was able to find that accepted foreign graduates. Although this list is current and accurate for the application year 2016-2017, I reccomend doing your own research because this can change from one day to the next. Most of these programs take ADEA PASS application but a few as you can see have their own applications and do not look at PASS (a couple like UCLA and Nova look at both PASS and their own application). I know its difficult getting information as FTD so here is a good place to start. Goodluck. And please send some positive energy my way to see if I get in somewhere.

Look below for the updated list.
can not view the list??

As a foreign trained dentist I had to do quite a bit of research to be able to apply to all these programs. This is a list of programs I was able to find that accepted foreign graduates. Although this list is current and accurate for the application year 2016-2017, I reccomend doing your own research because this can change from one day to the next. Most of these programs take ADEA PASS application but a few as you can see have their own applications and do not look at PASS (a couple like UCLA and Nova look at both PASS and their own application). I know its difficult getting information as FTD so here is a good place to start. Goodluck. And please send some positive energy my way to see if I get in somewhere.

Look below for the updated list.
Hi, thanks for list...do you have any idea about Aegd program at Marquette university, wisconsin? Does its valuable to do from there?

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent you a PM
Hi OMFSTRAIN, mine is similar situation like Sara Khalil ,except i have little DA experience in US.How can i see your list of colleges with AEGD programs for FTD.Appreciate your help.

Hi OMFSTRAIN, mine is similar situation like Sara Khalil ,except i have little DA experience in US.How can i see your list of colleges with AEGD programs for FTD.Appreciate your help.

Comment box#22

Hello OMFSTAIN ,Thank you so much for your wonder information.Actually even i have applied for AEGD and i am more inclined toward it similar reason as yours.I have got interview call from university of rochester and would appreciate if you just help me with this ..Any tips or information will be of great help..I also wanted ot know which all states liables us for the licence ...After AEGD ,person can go for DDS or MS speciality program right as per my research!!
Did you get accepted at Rochester?

Hi Veenze
The thing is I have been looking for details just in rochester university as i cant move out of the state and reg the tuition fees, i could not get the info as the applications link is not working currently as they are not accepting any applications right now. The site will start working in March 2016.and any number of phone calls.... never answered. So i guess we just have to wait till march. About other univs, sorry but i have no idea.
Anyone out there has any additional info, please let us know.
Hello Rounaq,
Did you applied to Rochester this cycle? I'm looking for some info about this program. I read the application is directly to them and no through PASS. Best of lucks.

Hi OMFSTRAIN and Rounaq,
am FTD, passed NBDE part1 and giving part2 next month. I just wanted to know the possible fee towards AEGD/GPR programs. Am Texas resident. Am planning to apply both in state and out of Texas. it will be of great help guys. Am not looking for exact figures, i just want to have a an idea.
Thank you
can u plz guide me for nbde part 1 prep ?? I m studying dental deck 2016 new one and first aid n gathering info for study from internet if any confusion ??how much time we should guve for studying ??how to get dentpin ??

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys,
If any of you can help, i would appreciate your opinion or any suggestion.
I am currently living in the US with a J1 visa, I am a postdoc now but I need to look for my future since the pathway for assistant professor is kinda awful (and call me weird, but I don't really want to spend more than 6 years as a postdoc in order to get my green card - expiring j1 and then H1, etc- because I am 33 now).
I am dentist and I want to become clinical faculty or lecturer or even instructor at a university, I would like to make it my priority over working all day in a private practice.
I don't have funding nor anybody who can sponsor me, I am (obviously) not permanent resident so I have no options to go into any tuition based- AEGD/GPR/Residency program .
So far and based in the chart that was posted here I have identified three paid aegd that accept foreign trained dentists.
I know that Marquette University gives you the chance to get full license in WI, and in the same way Uconn (although it seems that they prefer very young and fresh graduates). I also know about northwest dental residency and seems to be interesting since they assure you can get the full license in WA, however, they send you into a very rural environment: Yakima, Spokane and one more that I do not remember right now. My main concern regarding this option is that these areas are actually safe for a girl. Does anybody here know someone that got acceptance into that program? or maybe any other option for FTD in paid aegd/gpr? (preferably not in Florida)
I think we cannot really go too far without a green card or any sponsor. Science is amazing but it does not pay much...Anyway, maybe I should consider other option in a different country
Thanks a lot for you attention

Guys in my original excel I missed one other program foreign graduates can apply to:

Dade County Dental Research Clinic (DBA) Florida Institute

Thank you OMFSTRAIN! Did you look into GPR of university of Toledo, OH?

W
Thank you so much Omfstrain for your kind help. I'm 46 years old internationally trained dentist. I have been practicing as a general dentist outside the US since graduation. I Passed NPDE 1 & 2 since 4 years ago. I have been applying since 3 years and unfortunately until now I'm not admitted to any program. My toefl score is low 81. I got 2 interviews but no admission. I feel depressed . I'm going to improve my tofel score. Do you think they prefer younger candidate? I feel I still have that dreamDo you have any advice? Thank you.
Wheredid you get the interview???

Hello OMFSTAIN ,Thank you so much for your wonder information.Actually even i have applied for AEGD and i am more inclined toward it similar reason as yours.I have got interview call from university of rochester and would appreciate if you just help me with this ..Any tips or information will be of great help..I also wanted ot know which all states liables us for the licence ...After AEGD ,person can go for DDS or MS speciality program right as per my research!!
Please can you share your profile? ??
Appreciate it

Look below for the updated list in comment box #22.
Thanks a ton OMFSTRAIN for sharing your hardwork!!! Good luck to you.. May god bless you

Guys, for those who applied for aegd at rochester for foreign trained dentist
Do you hear anything from rochester?

@OMFSTRAIN do you happen to have any info regarding licensure in minnesota. Any dentist successfully obtained the license by going through their process for FTD?

Hi. Thanks for all the info on this thread. I am currently looking at AEGD as a route to securing license since I was waitlisted to the Advance Standing Program that I applied to this cycle. Do you have info which schools offer AEGD in New Jersey? Does New Jersey allow AEGD grads to sit for the licensure exam? Any response will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Well, currently there is only one dental school in NJ and that doesn't have AEGD program for International trained dentist. Secondly, If we complete AEGD we can't practice in NJ. However, we can practice in NY

Well, currently there is only one dental school in NJ and that doesn't have AEGD program for International trained dentist. Secondly, If we complete AEGD we can't practice in NJ. However, we can practice in NY
Thanks, NJAEGD2015. Yeah, and unfortunately the hospitals that offer AEGD in NJ only accept graduates from US and Canadian schools. How about GPRs, what are the options? What employment can we go to after finishing one? Are they salaried positions?

I am sorry I don't have much info about GPR. If you find anything plz let me know
Thanks.

I am sorry I don't have much info about GPR. If you find anything plz let me know
Thanks.
Sure. Will let you know if I come across information that would be beneficial.

Just wanted to update, might as well since today was Match day; it wasnt easy, quite stressful but I was able to match at Howard U. AEGD. If I can do it, any foriegn grad can. Just have to have faith and give it your best shot. Goodluck guys and congrats to everyone that was able to Match. To those that didnt, you just have to look at it as an opportunity to work on your resume. Dont give up.[/QUOTE

for AEGD u HAVETO APPLY THROUGH MATCH OR PASS??

Sara,
It is not the age problem. You need to improve your statement of purpose and interview skills. Dhow tgat you are glecible, open minded. You will be a student again. Remenber that you want to accept and apply new dental technique. BTW where did you have interview?

I apologize OMFSTRAIN I didn't look closely. Yes Columbia University's AEGD does take FTD, but tuition is required and is production based meaning if you don't bring in a certain quota for them you don't get your certificate from what I've heard. I believe that's why they have so many positions that go unfilled after match results come out. I've done quite of bit of research myself, but didn't compile a list like you, keep up the good work and great job. :)
so is AEGD at columbia not a good option?

hi! anyone from kentucky? i'm trying to apply on the advanced standing program in U of Louisville but they closed it temporarily. anyone applying for their GPR or AEGD? thanks!!!

Look below for the updated list in comment box #22.

Hi, thanks for your effort. But where do I find the list? I don't know where to
look for comment box #22. Where's it? I'm sorry I don't use sdn on regular basis. Thank you.

Hi Friends,

Can I have a list too. I can't find it.

Does AEGD-Hialeah has bench test and what all they ask in their bench test?

Please anybody has any idea about it?

Hi Friends,

Can I have a list too. I can't find it.

Does AEGD-Hialeah has bench test and what all they ask in their bench test?

Please anybody has any idea about it?

Hi, I was able to find the excel sheet finally in this comments section. If you want, I can email you. Let me know.