AEGD University of Rochester Interview for 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally Posted by [B said:
Smileface[/B]
i am curious about something: How many of the people here actualy received an e mail from Rochester asking them to choose a date for the interview?
and how many had to wrote them to get an interview? i didnt ask for an interview or a date but i wrote them in sept asking if they were already setting interviews... and all they say was ..... we can see you on Nov 1....... i just wonder if they would have email me anyways if i didnt ask that..... i am confused =s
i hope all of us who are going to the interview have the same opportunity.. and not just the ones who were call without emails..... i dont live in usa so i will make a longggg trip just to go there.....
i have the same question......I am currently not in the states and i don't want to spend so much money travel all the way there just for an interview that I have little hope for being selected

[Xander25]Already thinking in a negative way ... not good:thumbdown:

it's quite a good business... if let's say 200 people come for IV (let's assume most of them are not from USA), each trip costs about $3K - meaning $600K each year for US economy (and Rochester) - not bad :)

and just +/- 8 FTDs are selected... most of the money wasted or in the positive way - nice trip to Rochester - go shopping and make some sightseeing after IV - at least you can say your money was not wasted if you are not selected...

Members don't see this ad.

Any one else got an interview call/e-mail and please share your experiences who ever already went for an interview:)

Any one else got an interview call/e-mail and please share your experiences who ever already went for an interview:)
Hi
I got an email for interview on 25th october....is anyone else going to be there on october 24th for interview the following day .......... any female applicant interested in sharing the hotel room and cab...please pm me
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
They called me on 29th Nov. I checked the Staybridge suites and they are costing $ 100/night. But the problem is that, the check out time will be 11 AM (universal time in U.S). Check in time will be 2 P.M., so we have to book for 2 days so that we can be for atleast till the evening of 29th. If so it costs around $ 240 for the stay incl of taxes, if single person stays. If shared then, it would ease both people. Each has to spend only $120 towards room. So I would like to ask any boys who are interested to share the room with me. Please let me know asap.

Last edited:
They called me on 29th Nov. I checked the Staybridge suites and they are costing $ 100/night. But the problem is that, the check out time will be 11 AM (universal time in U.S). Check in time will be 2 P.M., so we have to book for 2 days so that we can be for atleast till the evening of 29th. If so it costs around $ 240 for the stay incl of taxes, if single person stays. If shared then, it would ease both people. Each has to spend only $120 towards room. So I would like to ask any boys who are interested to share the room with me. Please let me know asap.

Hey guys how are the i.v going so far????:thumbup:

would you please, tell me about the interview process and requirements. what are the subjects that they are frequently asking about?

Just ask them for a late check out or just take out your bags and store them in the luggage room till you come back for it. that should be no problem at all. I'm in the interview room right now waiting for the 2nd one.

I am very interested in this program but I have been informed that the acceptance to this program doesn't depend on the gratuation scores,clinical, research experience and personality of the applicant, but there are obscure factors which might depend on personal issues. is that true?????????????????

Hello, any one going for interview on dec 6? I'm wondering in case of being accepted, after 2 years of program, can I apply for a license. I dont have a green card.

I am very interested in this program but I have been informed that the acceptance to this program doesn't depend on the gratuation scores,clinical, research experience and personality of the applicant, but there are obscure factors which might depend on personal issues. is that true?????????????????

obscure?:eyebrow:

The interview experience was fine not at all stressful.. as mentioned in the previous interview experiences Just be yourself .The questions were general and all pertaining to your past experience and what have you being doing till date so know your resume and sop well ..Just be confident and its difficult to say on what basis do they select Just give your best shot ..All the best to all..

This is the second time that I apply to this program .To take an idea about the bases of acceptance procedure, we have to check the qualifications and the experiences of the students who were already accepted in this program in the previous years. I think most of them had no distinguishable abilities and I completely agree with you that there are something OBSCURE.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the second time that I apply to this program .To take an idea about the bases of acceptance procedure, we have to check the qualifications and the experiences of the students who were already accepted in this program in the previous years. I think most of them had no distinguishable abilities and I completely agree with you that there are something OBSCURE.

Hey - there are hundreds and hundreds of applicants and just very few available places...

the chance being accepted is similar to winning in a lottery... you have to be a very extraordinary person to get in - e.g. have really STRONG professional background, experience, be the best in your class (as Xander:thumbup:) from a good school etc etc...

I think nobody can be surprised not being accepted, as the competition is really tough and there are too many great people to chose from... Rochester University is very very selective institution and only the very best get in...

Hey - there are hundreds and hundreds of applicants and just very few available places...

the chance being accepted is similar to winning in a lottery... you have to be a very extraordinary person to get in - e.g. have really STRONG professional background, experience, be the best in your class (as Xander:thumbup:) from a good school etc etc...

I think nobody can be surprised not being accepted, as the competition is really tough and there are too many great people to chose from... Rochester University is very very selective institution and only the very best get in...
Thank you Ply for for ur nice comment, I really appreciate it. But this thing of thinking that there is something "OBSCURE" is really pissing me off....like ply said is a very difficult decision for them and they know that a file a with a bunch of papers sometimes is not the best reason to choose a resident....the interview and how u interact with other people is very important 2. They need someone that can be a team player, cause that is what Eastman is all about, a big family..... and if u think that is something OBSCURE about that this is not the place 4 u, as a matter of fact why don't don't u mention what u think about this in the interview....Im sure that they will have something 2 say about it...

Thank you Ply for for ur nice comment, I really appreciate it. But this thing of thinking that there is something "OBSCURE" is really pissing me off....like ply said is a very difficult decision for them and they know that a file a with a bunch of papers sometimes is not the best reason to choose a resident....the interview and how u interact with other people is very important 2. They need someone that can be a team player, cause that is what Eastman is all about, a big family..... and if u think that is something OBSCURE about that this is not the place 4 u, as a matter of fact why don't don't u mention what u think about this in the interview....Im sure that they will have something 2 say about it...
I think we should have respect for our friends . I think this is a good place to go and be part of the Eastman family ..
Any bad comment sound like envy.

Hello, any one going for interview on dec 6? I'm wondering in case of being accepted, after 2 years of program, can I apply for a license. I dont have a green card.

I have the interview on Dec 06 like you. Now confused because I have read people in this chat that had the same "experience" than me with the notification email.
I asked for my application status and this lady just replied "we can see you on Dec 06".
Also I know a lot of people had been interviewed already so Do I really have an opportunity here? It is a lot of money for me.

Regarding your question, after the program, you can apply for the NY State license.

I have the interview on Dec 06 like you. Now confused because I have read people in this chat that had the same "experience" than me with the notification email.
I asked for my application status and this lady just replied "we can see you on Dec 06".
Also I know a lot of people had been interviewed already so Do I really have an opportunity here? It is a lot of money for me.

Regarding your question, after the program, you can apply for the NY State license.

I am also invited on Dec 6. I finally got an e-mail from Mona just after I asked for my application status. So I am confused and doubtful whether I get really invited or not.:(

Hey there! I reapplied this year and got an interview Nov 29. Last year didnt got interview, so this is my first one. Like others, asked Ms. Fine about the awailable interview dates and she just sent me short answer, when they are able to see me. Did you guys call her to confirm the interview?

I am also invited on Dec 6. I finally got an e-mail from Mona just after I asked for my application status. So I am confused and doubtful whether I get really invited or not.:(
Good luck for you in your interview. At first, The interview date was determined between 1st September and 1st December. It seems that still there is a chance for acceptance so they give an extension time for interview.

Good luck for you in your interview. At first, The interview date was determined between 1st September and 1st December. It seems that still there is a chance for acceptance so they give an extension time for interview.

Are you sure? It look like I heard before that their an interview in December 6th :confused:

If I want to combine AEGD with PhD is it gonna be three years? In the application it says that
PhD interviews will be scedulled at a later date. Does it mean I have to come once again for that interview?

If I want to combine AEGD with PhD is it gonna be three years? In the application it says that
PhD interviews will be scedulled at a later date. Does it mean I have to come once again for that interview?

No, you can't combine them, after finishing AEGD then you can apply for PhD:p

I have an interview tomorrow. Is it at 625, Elmwood Ave address. As they have not mentioned any address in the email. I think here the interviews are conducted. By the way how long will they interview each person. Where do we need to go once we reach this school.

Hey everyone. I m here, in Rochester! I have an interview tomorrow! The room I rented is terrible. Everything in the house is decorated as for Halloween, the house is dirty, the room is like a closet, it smells terrible there, and there is terrible music playing, like in church. I home I m gonna stay alive there till morning. Feel really terrible. If anybody having an iterview tomorrow and wanrs to meet before interview in the university, call me please. 347-394-8165 Yelena

Hi, lets share the opibion about yesterday's interview. I liked it, it was pretty good. I liked more the interview with Dr.Yunker. By the way who was that lady, that was sitting with him?
Althoug the program is highly competitive I feel like I'm gonna be accepted! Who had the same feeling after inteview?

Hi, lets share the opibion about yesterday's interview. I liked it, it was pretty good. I liked more the interview with Dr.Yunker. By the way who was that lady, that was sitting with him?
Althoug the program is highly competitive I feel like I'm gonna be accepted! Who had the same feeling after inteview?

Good luck!:thumbup:

but how do they select the residents based on what?
I think the experience yesterday was marvelous ..I had fun and I really want to be there..The conference was great..and meeting you guys was awesome...Hope to see you guy there in July..
God bless you all.:thumbup:
ps. My hotel was great and close to the University.

I am wondering if 6th December is the last date for interview? How many the interviews were done till now?

but how do they select the residents based on what?
I think based on your mativation and what are you doing to achieve your goals ( Thats why they asked about what you have done after graduation from the university). And also based on personal impression (how you communicate, are you pleasent or not and so on).

How many applicants will attend December 6th interview,please?

so, the total no.of applicants who got interview till now is about 200 .... good luck for all

so, the total no.of applicants who got interview till now is about 200 .... good luck for all

I think it should be around 240-280. As they have started inviting from September. Every batch around 30-35 students. Every month they are conducting twice. There might be around 8-10 seats only as per some residents. Tough competition.

I think it should be around 240-280. As they have started inviting from September. Every batch around 30-35 students. Every month they are conducting twice. There might be around 8-10 seats only as per some residents. Tough competition.
Don't get discourage, is the same thing every year........before I got accepted I read so many discouraging posts and I made it. Be positive and patient.... Good luck:thumbup:

Hi Xander25,
Thanks for giving the confidence. It is great that you are part of the program. By the way which year resident you are.

When can I know the result??
should I wait until next January or Feburary?

hey good to hear someone being positive..:)
ya who was that lady with Dr. yunker. I just forgot her name, do yu remember it?

Don't get discourage, is the same thing every year........before I got accepted I read so many discouraging posts and I made it. Be positive and patient.... Good luck:thumbup:
Thanks for the encouragement Xander . I am myself so scared and discouraged. I was the one with minimal experience on the day of the interview. So it made me almost sure that I wont be the one they would choose considering my experience status.So just keeping my fingers crossed.

hey good to hear someone being positive..:)
ya who was that lady with Dr. yunker. I just forgot her name, do yu remember it?
Her name is Joanne Cianci. I think they gave you their business card. It says she is an administrator of AEGD.

I was in the same exact situation....I had almost nothing on my resume, but I still was one of their first picks. Keep it up!!!:thumbup:

Thanks for the encouragement Xander . I am myself so scared and discouraged. I was the one with minimal experience on the day of the interview. So it made me almost sure that I wont be the one they would choose considering my experience status.So just keeping my fingers crossed.