AEGD University of Rochester Interview for 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi where you read this information? can you post the link?

Members don't see this ad.

No result until now, no pre- courses at all.....These two sentences confirmed from the staff of Rochester....So, please, don't give uncertain information and play with our nervous system because this time is critical for all of us. Good luck for all

No result until now, no pre- courses at all.....These two sentences confirmed from the staff of Rochester....So, please, don't give uncertain information and play with our nervous system because this time is critical for all of us. Good luck for all
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Thank you best4best....

Members don't see this ad :)
You are right. But I became pissimistic about the result, and its really hard to get there. From 200-250 applicants they will select around 20 ( I dont know exactly) So what do you expect so much? Of course, we all have a hope, but its more likely to get the rejection letter. We shouldnt put a lot of expectations and energy only on this program. Move forward guys! And good luck for all of us! Sooner or later we ll make it!

The total is 20 position, 8 for american graduates, 8 for FTDs and I am not sure about the other 4, I heard that these 4 are 3 years instead of 2 (3ed year for research..)
So generally for FTDs it is only 8 seats...

The total is 20 position, 8 for american graduates, 8 for FTDs and I am not sure about the other 4, I heard that these 4 are 3 years instead of 2 (3ed year for research..)
So generally for FTDs it is only 8 seats...
this is correct , but last year they increased the number...

I think a lot of people is confused about this pre courses thing... I think that the person that posted that was referring to the Esthetic course that AEGD runs every year. This is a hands on course that is available under registration with a fee per session. This course is completely educational and has nothing to do with your acceptance to the program.

Nobody has been accepted yet...calls or emails will start by mid Feb...
Keep your hopes high , but move forward..!!

I think a lot of people is confused about this pre courses thing... I think that the person that posted that was referring to the Esthetic course that AEGD runs every year. This is a hands on course that is available under registration with a fee per session. This course is completely educational and has nothing to do with your acceptance to the program.

Nobody has been accepted yet...calls or emails will start by mid Feb...
Keep your hopes high , but move forward..!!
You are great as always Xander25...
Thank you..

Thank you, Xander for the information! Lets wait and hope!

Hello everyone, thanx for all the information you people are giving over here.I am new to this forum and would like to know a few things
1.Are there any other universities carrying out the same courses?
2.There are many programs other than AEGD,why is everyone preferring AEGD.
3.Is this program really worth cause I suppose u don't need to clear NBDE for this program.
4.On the website the requirements for applying include DDS or equivivalent degree,TOEFL clearance,dental transcript. is there anything else that these people require
5.Is there any format for the dental transcript that these people need?
Kindly guide me as soon as possible............:)

Hello everyone, thanx for all the information you people are giving over here.I am new to this forum and would like to know a few things
1.Are there any other universities carrying out the same courses?
2.There are many programs other than AEGD,why is everyone preferring AEGD.
3.Is this program really worth cause I suppose u don't need to clear NBDE for this program.
4.On the website the requirements for applying include DDS or equivivalent degree,TOEFL clearance,dental transcript. is there anything else that these people require
5.Is there any format for the dental transcript that these people need?
Kindly guide me as soon as possible............:)
1- http://web.adea.org/webapps/EPS/
2- everyone have his/her reasons
3- !?
4- anything can help..
5- www.ECE.org

Members don't see this ad :)
i have a friend from Mexico that he is just got acceptence mail (yesterday) in order to start in Dec 2012, in Rochester. But hes concern about hes able to work just in NY and in some areas where govermnet permits. He thinks they are gonna send him to poor or dangeorus aereas. If someone has more experience, information we would be gratefull to you all

i have a friend from Mexico that he is just got acceptence mail (yesterday) in order to start in Dec 2012, in Rochester. But hes concern about hes able to work just in NY and in some areas where govermnet permits. He thinks they are gonna send him to poor or dangeorus aereas. If someone has more experience, information we would be gratefull to you all

Did your friend get acceptance in AEGD or another program?

With my respect, but this is weird; because the program will start in July not December...

No, they have 2 groups, one srating July, another December.

They didn't mention that there are two groups on their website and they didn't tell us that in interview!!!!! did you know that from students of previous years?

They didn't mention that there are two groups on their website and they didn't tell us that in interview!!!!! did you know that from students of previous years?

I think the best one could answer this question is my friend Xander25...

Dental assistant of Dr. Malmstrom told me.

Ok guys I have the clear answers for all of you.
They accept 20 persons. 16 persons for the 2 year residency program starting July 1st, 8 american and 8 international.
Then the other four go go 3 year program with 1 year of research and this group starts in December.
They choose who to go where , not us.
Now for those who get accepted, after u finish ur program, u have to work one more year in rural areas in New York in certain areas decided by the government where ur salary will be about 45000 ( only 1 year not 3 coz the 2 years of the residency are counted) then after that u can choose to work any where only but offcourse inside New York Only.
You can then apply for the green card through ur employer, After u get ur green card, u can go on and open u r own practice if u wish.
There is another option, u can take the practical exam and then u can get the license to work in other states as Virginia and Washington and some other states.

I have got all this infomation from one of the residnets who has just finished his residency.
i also still waiting for my i nterview results.
They should be contacting us this weak hopefully.
I hope i have made it clear for all of u guys and girls here.
Let pray and wait for the best for all us us.

Then the other four go go 3 year program with 1 year of research and this group starts in December.
Dont they choose it among those candidates who applied for this three year program, cause as far as I know, they need additional application for this!

Now for those who get accepted, after u finish ur program, u have to work one more year in rural areas in New York in certain areas decided by the government where ur salary will be about 45000 ( only 1 year not 3 coz the 2 years of the residency are counted) then after that u can choose to work any where only but offcourse inside New York Only.
Is this one year of GPR?

There is another option, u can take the practical exam and then u can get the license to work in other states as Virginia and Washington and some other states.
My friend, who is a dentist already, told me that after such programs you can get license and practice in any state you want, isnt that true?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

What are qualifications of your friend? Did he apply for this three year program with additional application?

There is a strange tendency on this forum that someone tells that his friend was accepted and than disappears. Lima 35, please answer this questions!

What are qualifications of your friend? Did he apply for this three year program with additional application?

There is a strange tendency on this forum that someone tells that his friend was accepted and than disappears. Lima 35, please answer this questions!

I hope that somebody from this forum get his or her acceptance very soon to tell us exactly what is going on

I recieved an email from M Foy saying I got a spot on the 2 yr aegd residency yesterday, they going to send on a offer letter by DHL apparently.
She said the course starts 1st of June 2012 not 1st July..

decision time, is it worth not working for 2 yrs to come to the states? and how much more crap is there to go through before you get a practicing license? please advise

I recieved an email from M Foy saying I got a spot on the 2 yr aegd residency yesterday, they going to send on a offer letter by DHL apparently.

decision time, is it worth not working for 2 yrs to come to the states? and how much more crap is there to go through before you get a practicing license? please advise

- Congratulations :thumbup:
- I have no idea about what will happen after that...!
- Can you please share your status and qualifications...?

Congratulations! Tell us about yourself!

I think the best one could answer this question is my friend Xander25...
is true , they have another group starting Dec first every year..... is a group of 4 that they selected from the same interview process that you guys did this year.......

Ok guys I have the clear answers for all of you.
They accept 20 persons. 16 persons for the 2 year residency program starting July 1st, 8 american and 8 international.
You can then apply for the green card through ur employer, After u get ur green card, u can go on and open u r own practice if u wish.

I have got all this infomation from one of the residnets who has just finished his residency.
i also still waiting for my i nterview results.
They should be contacting us this weak hopefully.
I hope i have made it clear for all of u guys and girls here.
Let pray and wait for the best for all us us.

Group starting in June 1st:

12 foreign graduate: 8 for two years AEGD, 2 residents that will do community dentistry FIRST for one year and THEN 2 years AEGD, 2 residents that will do RESEARCH FIRST for one year and THEN 2 years AEGD
8 US or Canadian Graduates

Group starting in December the 1st:
4 foreign graduate: 2 years AEGD

u will have 2 go through a lot....it totally depends on ur situation and what ur goals r

I sent an email to Mona yestarday and she told me that the final decision will be taken by the end of the month.
I dont know what is happening.
But i guess they may have started to send acceptance emails then if u accept it they will send u a letter to sign, if u refuse they will start contacting the waiting list, until they have got all 20 candidtates confirmed and signed, then they will start sending the beautiful rejection letters to all the rest.

I sent an email to Mona yestarday and she told me that the final decision will be taken by the end of the month.
I dont know what is happening.
But i guess they may have started to send acceptance emails then if u accept it they will send u a letter to sign, if u refuse they will start contacting the waiting list, until they have got all 20 candidtates confirmed and signed, then they will start sending the beautiful rejection letters to all the rest.
What do u mean u don't know what is happening? this is what programs in the US do, the difference is that this program has to go over 200 applications and select more than 20 residents....so of course they are going to take more time , u have to understand that their only task is not selecting residents, they have a program to run and pts to treat..

What do u mean u don't know what is happening? this is what programs in the US do, the difference is that this program has to go over 200 applications and select more than 20 residents....so of course they are going to take more time , u have to understand that their only task is not selecting residents, they have a program to run and pts to treat..

+ the director is out of States...

Last edited:
I have BDS , MSc restorative , I'm 10yrs post BDS now.

After the 2yrs, can you do the GPR in NY or still gotta be Rochester and is that the final hurdle too or is there more to go after that?

And I know this sounds shallow but what should you expect to earn per yr as a dentist in NY?

I received an email from Ms.Foy today saying that still there is no news regarding the result !!!!!!!!

iamteeth2- when were you interviewed for the program? In her email, has Ms. Foy mentioned anything about accepting the offer before a due date? If so, can you tell us that due date? For those of us who are still waiting, we will have an idea as to when can we possibly hear from them- whether it is yay or nay.

I have BDS , MSc restorative , I'm 10yrs post BDS now.

After the 2yrs, can you do the GPR in NY or still gotta be Rochester and is that the final hurdle too or is there more to go after that?

And I know this sounds shallow but what should you expect to earn per yr as a dentist in NY?

Thank you for the info., can you tell us please about your gpa, boards if applicable and any extra...

Group starting in June 1st:

12 foreign graduate: 8 for two years AEGD, 2 residents that will do community dentistry FIRST for one year and THEN 2 years AEGD, 2 residents that will do RESEARCH FIRST for one year and THEN 2 years AEGD
8 US or Canadian Graduates

Group starting in December the 1st:
4 foreign graduate: 2 years AEGD
How do they decide who goes where?

I received an email from Ms.Foy today saying that still there is no news regarding the result !!!!!!!!
No news regarding the FINAL result. But as we see, some selections have already been made!

Not sure of gpa, didn't get that kind of mark from my uni.

Boards part 1 & 2 both scored 82

Still waiting on that official dhl offer letter, hope it comes!
When I get it I'll put everything on this forum..

ur welcome!:thumbup:

I have a friend who applied to AEGD program 2012 with 10 years experience and NBDE part one and two in addition to MSc and TOEFL = 108 but he didn't receive any news from rochester until now!!!!!!!!