AEGD University of Rochester Interview for 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a friend who applied to AEGD program 2012 with 10 years experience and NBDE part one and two in addition to MSc and TOEFL = 108 but he didn't receive any news from rochester until now!!!!!!!!

our guy has U.K. dental license...

Members don't see this ad.

So Barbie21 what is the plan?
It look like we will not get in this one...

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they sent all the acceptance letters for their first choice of residents last week. It just seems that the people who got accepted might not be a part of this sdn. That is why we just know one or two people only who got accepted.

I think they sent all the acceptance letters for their first choice of residents last week. It just seems that the people who got accepted might not be a part of this sdn. That is why we just know one or two people only who got accepted.

If your guess is correct then the application for this program is not worthy. I know many colleagues who applied to this program with excellent clinical and research experience" 10 - 20 years", NBDE part one and two, very high score in TOEFL, postgraduate degrees and high qualifications, excellent recommendation letters. But they didn't receive any reply until now. If the acceptance to this program is like lottery process then the application to this program will be terrible mistake.

If your guess is correct then the application for this program is not worthy. I know many colleagues who applied to this program with excellent clinical and research experience" 10 - 20 years", NBDE part one and two, very high score in TOEFL, postgraduate degrees and high qualifications, excellent recommendation letters. But they didn't receive any reply until now. If the acceptance to this program is like lottery process then the application to this program will be terrible mistake.

:( :(:( This is really frustrated

Terrible mistake for those with good qualifications...:D

Are they return our documents with the rejection letters?
No, they dont! Last year I received only rejection letter from them! This year I reapplied and I didnt have to send all documents again!

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried calling up miss Foy but she dint pick up the phone..but even i have started thinking that it is a mere lottery system...so i have kinda lost all hope now.

I tried calling up miss Foy but she dint pick up the phone..but even i have started thinking that it is a mere lottery system...so i have kinda lost all hope now.

Who knows lottery system is good or bad... There are a lot of doctors whos qualifications are better than mine, because they are older and have more experience. If the program accepts only the best candidates, all young dentists will stand behind.

One more person that I know got accepted is one of the resident's husband..this current resident is a periodontist and she did three years program and this year her hubby starts who is a prosthodontist.
It feels true that they are sending letters to their first choice candidates since there was person who didn't accept the position and seat was vacate and now other people are receiving emails...once everybody accepts the positions...letters will be mailed out to all others.

This AEGD program used to give stipends...due to economy it stopped and starting this year or last there is a tuition fees too for the first time

One more person that I know got accepted is one of the resident's husband..this current resident is a periodontist and she did three years program and this year her hubby starts who is a prosthodontist.
It feels true that they are sending letters to their first choice candidates since there was person who didn't accept the position and seat was vacate and now other people are receiving emails...once everybody accepts the positions...letters will be mailed out to all others.

The periodontics or prosthodontics programs are completely different from AEGD program, each one has different administration and acceptance policy. are your friends accepted in AEGD or in another program?

The periodontics or prosthodontics programs are completely different from AEGD program, each one has different administration and acceptance policy. are your friends accepted in AEGD or in another program?

Does it matter??

Mrs. Fine emailed me that they will send out the acceptance only by last week of February. So guys lets wait. What else can we do. Hope for the best.

Mrs. Fine emailed me that they will send out the acceptance only by last week of February. So guys lets wait. What else can we do. Hope for the best.

Thank you Dental Sculptor, I received the same email. It seams that the result still not announced.I am surprised why some colleagues try to give incorrect information in this forum???? Anyhow, Good luck for all

This thread is for AEGD residency program and not for other residency programs, so don't make us confused please.

I agree with you best4best. But we have to confess that the time is over now for receiving successful result.We have to go forward. The application to AEGD in rochester was not good experience for me and I'll never ever try to reapply to this program again.

This thread is for AEGD residency program and not for other residency programs, so don't make us confused please.
loooooooooooooooooooooooooool
don't take it personally my friend, I just meant that they already picked up the applicant they want, and now they have over 200 application due to send rejection letters, So as ibraheemsg said let us move forward ...

I agree with you best4best. But we have to confess that the time is over now for receiving successful result.We have to go forward. The application to AEGD in rochester was not good experience for me and I'll never ever try to reapply to this program again.

It was good experience only for 16 of us)

Exactly what i wanted to say, game is over now
can anyone tell me how do they selcet thier Residents? since no one from the forum here has been accapted yet.i guess they select international dentists im not sure thoug but i have a feeeling

Exactly what i wanted to say, game is over now
can anyone tell me how do they selcet thier Residents? since no one from the forum here has been accapted yet.i guess they select international dentists im not sure thoug but i have a feeeling

The criteria for selection:
1. If you don't have great experience and high qualifications then you'll not be selected because this program is highly competitive and need high standard.
2. If you have moderate experience with good qualifications, then you'll not be selected because you don't have exceptional background which distinguish you from the huge number of applicants.
3. If you have great experience with marvelous qualifications,then you'll not be selected because if you have all these wonderful experience and qualifications why you'll be accepted in this program?
So, The selection was made a few weeks ago. I am sorry to inform you that you were not selected. We received almost 300 applications and I'm sure the decision was difficult.
I applied to this program for two consequent previous years and my advice is: don't waste your time and money again with this program
Good luck for you in your career

1. If you don't have great experience and high qualifications then you'll not be selected because this program is highly competitive and need high standard.
2. If you have moderate experience with good qualifications, then you'll not be selected because you don't have exceptional background which distinguish you from the huge number of applicants.
3. If you have great experience with marvelous qualifications,then you'll not be selected because if you have all these wonderful experience and qualifications why you'll be accepted in this program?
So, The selection was made a few weeks ago. I am sorry to inform you that you were not selected. We received almost 300 applications and I'm sure the decision was difficult.
I applied to this program for two consequent previous years and my advice is: don't waste your time and money again with this program

:lock::lock::lock::lock::lock:
My rejection letter in the way home (including my documents):lock::lock::lock::lock::lock:

I completely agree with you ibraheemsg, It was a trick and we fall in it. I hope that our colleagues get benefit from our mistake and don't apply to this program.

Any news? Anybody heard from Ms. Foy or Ms. Fine? Please let us know if you got any letters of acceptance/rejection. We can then move on.
Appreciate any news that you can share with us.
Thank you!!

Any news? Anybody heard from Ms. Foy or Ms. Fine? Please let us know if you got any letters of acceptance/rejection. We can then move on.
Appreciate any news that you can share with us.
Thank you!!

I still waiting for my rejection letter, I don't know why it takes too long..!

What makes you think it is the rejection letter that is coming your way? If you haven't heard from them yet, it could be anything- even acceptance?
Do you know of anybody who has contacted either by email or postal mail about their acceptance/rejection?
Anyway- best wishes to you !!

hello everyone , the final list has been already out,one of my friends called Foy Mona and asked her to check her name on the list unfortunately her name was not on the list, and she told her that the selection has been already made and almost all the selected Residents got contacted already, so sorry i didnt mean to disappoint u but this what i have to share. anyway i knew Rochester not an easy to get in so i decided to go for DDS program althoug its expensive but worth it no headace and more spots

Last edited:
hello everyone , the final list has been already out,one of my friends called Foy Mona and asked her to check her name on the list unfortunately her name was not on the list, and she told her that the selection has been already made and almost all the selected Residents got contacted already, so sorry i didnt mean to disappoint u but this what i have to share. anyway i knew Rochester not an easy to get in so i decided to go for DDS program althoug its expensive but worth it no headace and more spots

Anyone received his/her rejection letter?

Nope, not yet.

No Information from any one. Unbelievable !!
Anybody here has any idea if the University has even started sending out the lettes- acceptance or rejection??

No Information from any one. Unbelievable !!
Anybody here has any idea if the University has even started sending out the lettes- acceptance or rejection??
I got my rejection letter today

Hey fellow friends,

I am like you looking to go to USA to work but need some advices. I have BDS and work in Lebanon. Things here is not good and I prefer not to live here during violent times. I graduate last year and now I work. Has anyone here gotten success in admission to AEGD or other 2 yr programs. I wonder bcause I would like to live in USA but from what I see this is very difficult. Can anyone advice about the process, what I need to be successful or my chances? How many apply and who is successful and what they have that makes them get chosen.

Hey fellow friends,

I am like you looking to go to USA to work but need some advices. I have BDS and work in Lebanon. Things here is not good and I prefer not to live here during violent times. I graduate last year and now I work. Has anyone here gotten success in admission to AEGD or other 2 yr programs. I wonder bcauochesterse I would like to live in USA but from what I see this is very difficult. Can anyone advice about the process, what I need to be successful or my chances? How many apply and who is successful and what they have that makes them get chosen.
For AEGD in Rochester...u need a 100 years of experience..i think u will be a little safe then.

For AEGD in Rochester...u need a 100 years of experience..i think u will be a little safe then.

I thank you for this nice joke,it really make me laugh. But in all seriousness, you have been successful getting into post-grad program? Please answer me seriously, I really need help. I had 3.23 GPA in college, and work in a clinic now, see 6-8 pt a day. Can I make it if I try? Or is this impossible dream?

I thank you for this nice joke,it really make me laugh. But in all seriousness, you have been successful getting into post-grad program? Please answer me seriously, I really need help. I had 3.23 GPA in college, and work in a clinic now, see 6-8 pt a day. Can I make it if I try? Or is this impossible dream?

If u graduated just last year..u dont have much experience.so its not possible to get into Aegd.if living in US is ur dream then u can try getting student visa through kaplan...come here,take nbde part 1 and part 2 while working as a dental assistant.and then apply for DDS or aegd.but this is all a little difficult..and i dont know if ur degree is accepted by ece evaluation.this is my take on ur problem...hope i am not wrong.

If u graduated just last year..u dont have much experience.so its not possible to get into Aegd.if living in US is ur dream then u can try getting student visa through kaplan...come here,take nbde part 1 and part 2 while working as a dental assistant.and then apply for DDS or aegd.but this is all a little difficult..and i dont know if ur degree is accepted by ece evaluation.this is my take on ur problem...hope i am not wrong.

Thank you for your response. What is ECE evaluation and all schools must do this? I have visitor visa, and take nbde and pass just this Jan.