AEGD University of Rochester Interview for 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for your response. What is ECE evaluation and all schools must do this? I have visitor visa, and take nbde and pass just this Jan.

I dont understand...if u took ur nbde part one already...u should know ece evaluation.a foreign degree is first evaluated by ece or wes and then you apply for nbde and take the exam...right?.thats what i did. anyway..if u passed part 1 apply for dds and then take part 2 before u apply for aegd.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh yes, I thought the OP refer to another thing. Yes, my degree was evaluated before I took part 1. But I know DDS program is expensive. How can I bypass and go straight to AEGD?

Why dont you all apply to Columbia's AEGD program if Rochester is so competetive. Columbia's AEGD is ADA accredited too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yes, I thought the OP refer to another thing. Yes, my degree was evaluated before I took part 1. But I know DDS program is expensive. How can I bypass and go straight to AEGD?

usually they say u need to have some work experience, research experience,teaching exp, and extracurricular community activities,etc to enter AEGD.but this may not be the case with everyone.u can try for AEGD too but chances will be better if u gain some exposure to all or some of the above.but u can always try and get lucky.

I tried calling up miss Foy but she dint pick up the phone..but even i have started thinking that it is a mere lottery system...so i have kinda lost all hope now.

ya ur right.. other programs are organized better than rochester...u see its three months i gave my interview ..didn't receive my result yet.2 weeks ago when i called she said,she doesnt have any information about my status and never answered the phone again until now......dont know my status...growing impatient day by day and feeling stupid for not applying to other programs.

I applied twice to this program,on both times I got rejection. My qualifications and experience were very good and it extended to fifteen years in clinical , academic and research in USA and overseas . Also I already have NBDE part one and two with high scores. My advice to all of my colleagues who want to apply for this program in Rochester: Don't apply to this program, don't loss your time and money . try other program..... Good luck for all

I applied twice to this program,on both times I got rejection. My qualifications and experience were very good and it extended to fifteen years in clinical , academic and research in USA and overseas . Also I already have NBDE part one and two with high scores. My advice to all of my colleagues who want to apply for this program in Rochester: Don't apply to this program, don't loss your time and money . try other program..... Good luck for all
I disagree with you. They have at least 8 spots, maybe more and somebody was lucky to get accepted. My advice to everyone - apply and try your fortune!

I disagree with you. They have at least 8 spots, maybe more and somebody was lucky to get accepted. My advice to everyone - apply and try your fortune!
Great attitude Barbie Im sure that you will get it next year!!! I wish u the best!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi where you read this information? can you post the link?

Just google Rochester Eastman dental school. On the website of the school, check the details of the aegd program. It's all given there.

Hi, Barbie 21, have you already started for NBDE II? Im planning to do the same thing. Do part II and apply next year to all dental school. Can you give me some tips on NBDE II prep. I got dental deck and mosby. My questions are 1. Are these enough 2. How long do you think one need for prep. Any info is highly appreciated. thanx

Does anybody know if there are any available AEGD positions anywhere ?

usually they say u need to have some work experience, research experience,teaching exp, and extracurricular community activities,etc to enter AEGD.but this may not be the case with everyone.u can try for AEGD too but chances will be better if u gain some exposure to all or some of the above.but u can always try and get lucky.

I have worked on all these areas to strengthen my application. i am an int. grad applyin for aegd in rochester. i applied in early july 2012. been waqiting for a response. caled them up several time they picked up once and told me theyd recieved my apllication. what are my chances of gettin in. every1 seems to have told me that it is very hard to get into ROCHESTER EASTMAN, some of them even told me that references as in someone who might know someone in the program or has access to anyone in the program may help you get in otherwise no chances how far is this true??? i have put in all my 4 years of post graduation into apllying and strengthening my appli. soi may get into rochester and that is pretty hard specialy from the thrid world country i come from. any advises/suggestions/ experiences to share?

To Everyone applying for the AEGD Eastman Institute for Oral Health 2013:

please sent me a private message for the upcoming interview schedule so we can discuss! Thank you and good luck to All!

i recieved this e-mail Please contact Mona Fine regarding an interview from Marilyn Foy
but when i emailed Mona to schedul my IV, she answered me ''Contact me in October. I will choose the date''

I got an interview cal from rochester...... its on october 9th........does anyone got interview at the same time or anyone who had the experience....... plz let me knw about the interview process and what they ll ask in the IV.........appreciate ur help

I got an interview cal from rochester...... its on october 9th........does anyone got interview at the same time or anyone who had the experience....... plz let me knw about the interview process and what they ll ask in the IV.........appreciate ur help

Hey !!! I have an interview at oct 2 am kinda worried am a fresh graduate from over seas and I wonder if I will get accepted what r the odds !! I hope interview will go fine !!! :scared:
But I have a question what if a person doesn't have his nbde's will he still be accepted buzz it says its not required at admission but of course u should have them before u grad to be eligible to work !!!

i have got the interview date on 2nd oct but got rejected in visa interview didn;t make on the time for the program interview so, have applied again for visa now i have got the visa and requested mona fine to reschedule interview date but she is not replying to my mail
please guide over this\
what should i do????

hey can you please tell me how much time your interview took place ? did you have to perform on the phantom? wat question were asked?

I have no idea about the aegd program . Can anyone tell me how this works? I would really appreciate if someone did. Thanks!

Hi DRSAHAWNEH,

What date did you apply for this program? How did your IV go? Please feel to ask any questions to [email protected] look forward for your email..

Haven't heard anything yet !! It is a little frustrating :(
Anyone you know heard back ?

Guys, does anyone have an idea about an AEGD interview experience? Please share!

Rochester were very friendly .. Just questions about your future plans , what you like about dentistry .. The regular things they always ask at interviews ..
But they were so so friendly .

No answer yet........ Guys from last year when did you hear back from them????

I ws interviewed on Nov 7th. It went well. People were super friendly there. I was told I would be informed about my application progress in jan mid....mailed Mona fine in Feb...she replied decisions gonna be in mid feb. Till today no reply. not even attending my call. phewwww ....how long still God knows. How many candidates got admitted any clue? :sleep::sleep::sleep:

So guys, if we finished 2 years AEGD in accredited program, which states we are allowed to work? I keep hear different states could someone tell me the exact states?

Hello everybody. I Have an interview on Sept 19 at 9:00am at Rochester University. I will appreciated any advice for the interview and if somebody remember the questionts they ask. thank you very much. have a nice day.

Last edited:
Rochester were very friendly .. Just questions about your future plans , what you like about dentistry .. The regular things they always ask at interviews ..
But they were so so friendly .

hello Ocean I will like to have any advice for the interview at Rochester university

Hello Ocean I have my interview next Thursday at Rochester University and I will like to have any advice.

let we discuss about Rochester Eastman AEGD program for intesrnational 2015.......