AEGD University of Rochester Interview for 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hello everybody...... i have an interview there on nov 1 at 10am ....... who has an interview that day? what hotel did u guys choose to stay? how close is it from the airport or the school? how much a taxi will cost? heheheeh too many questions i know... but is my first time traveling along and i am pretty nervous.....
please answer me =)

the school is like 10 min from the airport , a taxi cab costs around $15 to $17..........

Members don't see this ad.

I email Ms. Fine about the conformation for the interview but havent heard anything after that. Did anyone got reply from her after conformation?

hello everybody...... i have an interview there on nov 1 at 10am ....... who has an interview that day? what hotel did u guys choose to stay? how close is it from the airport or the school? how much a taxi will cost? heheheeh too many questions i know... but is my first time traveling along and i am pretty nervous.....
please answer me =)

Guys FYI the closest hotel to school is Staybridge Suites is little more expensive but is a nice hotel....they also have a shuttle that will take u guys to school.....

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks Xander... you are always a great help!!!! God bless.!

Did anyone receive an email for interview this week ,please?

Guys FYI the closest hotel to school is Staybridge Suites is little more expensive but is a nice hotel....they also have a shuttle that will take u guys to school.....

Hi Xander,

How are you.Thank you so much for all your guidence and sharing info.I was reading all your threads and thought may be you can help.

Last year interviews were more over like a friendly conversations.Thats very good part of it.But results are not fruitfull.

What are the things they are looking for exactly??? .Apart from what we discussed in this thread earlier like be your self,confident,poisitve,truthfull .

Is there anyting important we are missing to be successful in interviews..?The exact things they are looking in a successfull candidate.Since you are there, you are successful in the interview,so i hope you can relate and tell with your experience.

We are all greatly appreciate your response.Thank you once again.

Did anyone receive an email for interview this week ,please?
I sent an email about the status of my application to Dept. AEGD/ But have not received any answer yet.......

I sent an email about the status of my application to Dept. AEGD/ But have not received any answer yet.......

same here,no reply :rolleyes:

I did 2 weeks bk no answer.:thumbdown:
no any hope:(

Hi Xander,

How are you.Thank you so much for all your guidence and sharing info.I was reading all your threads and thought may be you can help.

Last year interviews were more over like a friendly conversations.Thats very good part of it.But results are not fruitfull.

What are the things they are looking for exactly??? .Apart from what we discussed in this thread earlier like be your self,confident,poisitve,truthfull .

Is there anyting important we are missing to be successful in interviews..?The exact things they are looking in a successfull candidate.Since you are there, you are successful in the interview,so i hope you can relate and tell with your experience.

We are all greatly appreciate your response.Thank you once again.

Hey whats up! Im not there anymore I graduated this summer....Is really hard to tell u what else do they want beside a positive attitude and easy person to work with. Because everyone in the program had so diverse backgrounds is hard to tell what is their criteria to choose the residents...I saw so many people with awesome stats not getting selected....One thing I can tell u , if u want to get in just the get ur license this is not the place for u, they r interested in a person willing to learn and willing to be teach....

Hope it helps , Good luck!:thumbup:

Hey whats up! Im not there anymore I graduated this summer....Is really hard to tell u what else do they want beside a positive attitude and easy person to work with. Because everyone in the program had so diverse backgrounds is hard to tell what is their criteria to choose the residents...I saw so many people with awesome stats not getting selected....One thing I can tell u , if u want to get in just the get ur license this is not the place for u, they r interested in a person willing to learn and willing to be teach....

Hope it helps , Good luck!:thumbup:

Thank you so much.ya,thats helps. You are the best as always.:thumbup:

We all wish you GOOD LUCK ...Do you mind sharing where r u planing to practice???

Hi there,

Did any body had interview for this year AGED at EDC,rochester???
If so, plz can you share your experiences here..Your response will be greatly appreciated.
All the best for who got & finished their interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much.ya,thats helps. You are the best as always.:thumbup:

We all wish you GOOD LUCK ...Do you mind sharing where r u planing to practice???
Thanks , currently Im doing MS in Prosthodontics

Xander, you are too good and always very encouraging. God bless u with a beautiful life!

Hello friends,
I posted a few days back and no body replied:mad:...ok lemme share the post again.:).Is there anyone who reapplied to AEGD(2 year) this year again and did you hear anything from Mrs.Fine ..And is there any thing like they wont interview those candidates who have already been interviewed last year?I have reapplied in early june..It will be nice of any of you in the same situation to share what they now..

Thanks a lot in advance...

Hello,

Is there any program accept FTD as this program without boards and still open?

Hey Implant10- I am a re-applicant to the AEGD program at Rochester. I was called in for an interview the last time I applied. I have been called again this year- my interview is scheduled on Nov 29th. I dont think there is any reason why they wouldn't call re-applicants. You might hear from them soon, dont worry. Keep up your hopes. All the best.

Any one else got an e-mail for IV call :rolleyes:

I got an interview email for Nov 29th. How many dates are given for the interviews. How many candidates are called for each day. How many total candidates will be called in total for this process of interviewing for the sake of 20 seats.

Hey Implant10- I am a re-applicant to the AEGD program at Rochester. I was called in for an interview the last time I applied. I have been called again this year- my interview is scheduled on Nov 29th. I dont think there is any reason why they wouldn't call re-applicants. You might hear from them soon, dont worry. Keep up your hopes. All the best.

What did they say the last time when they are not able to offer you an admission. Do they give any info like we will get back to you or some thing like that, to show that they are not interested in us or will they say try next time.

At what time is your interview. How many would be called a day. Is every one given a specific time or every one is asked to come at specific time and then call one by one. How is it please explain.

Any fees to be paid during interviews.

I haven get any answer, I e mail Mrs Foy and Mrs Fien and no one answer about my status..
Well I will be waiting for God's desire.. But I really want to go to Rochester.:thumbup:

Guys..Nov 29 @ 9 AM rochester here I come..:D:thumbup:

Luckily got a reply e-mail from Ms.Foy.
So Guys and Gals don't loose hope and wish everybody a good luck.
:xf::xf:

Luckily got a reply e-mail from Ms.Foy.
So Guys and Gals don't loose hope and wish everybody a good luck.
:xf::xf:
Congrats Sadaf, November 29th as well? or another date.

Congrats Sadaf, November 29th as well? or another date.

No Alexi,I did not get e-mail for interview.That was to inquire about process,was that done or still going on :)

I received an invitation e-mail today from Mona Fine. I will have an interview at 10:30 on Oct. 25th.
I am happy :), but I'm wondering why they sent the e-mail too late. I almost gave up until yesterday.
Is there anybody who got an e-mail ?

Hi everybody ...
CONGRATS FOR THOSE WHO GOT INTERVIEW ... AND BEST OF LUCK FOR THOSE WHO ARE WAITING ...

I too hav the interview on oct 25th glad that will see some SDN'ers der :)All the best to all ...

No Alexi,I did not get e-mail for interview.That was to inquire about process,was that done or still going on :)

Hi sadaf..hav an advice for u .. Instead of emailing Mona fine why dont you call her requesting for an interview date .. All the best

Hi sadaf..hav an advice for u .. Instead of emailing Mona fine why dont you call her requesting for an interview date .. All the best

I think they send you an e-mail regarding interview call,if they think you are eligible,as far as i know.Thanks for your suggession though,i really appreciate it.
Did any one call Ms Fine and requested for an inteview?if yes please let me know so i'll call them too.

:thumbup:
I think they send you an e-mail regarding interview call,if they think you are eligible,as far as i know.Thanks for your suggession though,i really appreciate it.
Did any one call Ms Fine and requested for an inteview?if yes please let me know so i'll call them too.
I would call her and e mail her...do both
Good luck:thumbup:

"Pardon my French" but how ridiculous does this sound?!

The whole point about applying and sending a bunch of documents is exactly for them to narrow down the candidates that they'd like to interview, potential candidates for an acceptance... I apologize once again for my honesty but calling them to "request an interview" is just too naive or too stupid...

Dear sadaf, I'm definitely rooting for you and I hope you get to the interview :xf:, but do yourself a favor and save that phone call for some other inquiry...

"Pardon my French" but how ridiculous does this sound?!

The whole point about applying and sending a bunch of documents is exactly for them to narrow down the candidates that they'd like to interview, potential candidates for an acceptance... I apologize once again for my honesty but calling them to "request an interview" is just too naive or too stupid...

Dear sadaf, I'm definitely rooting for you and I hope you get to the interview :xf:, but do yourself a favor and save that phone call for some other inquiry...
I do "pardon your french"..But Sadaf call Mona and E mail her no requesting your IV but asking for your application.
worst case scenario she answer no IV but lets hope for the Best my friend.:thumbup:

I do "pardon your french"..But Sadaf call Mona and E mail her no requesting your IV but asking for your application.
worst case scenario she answer no IV but lets hope for the Best my friend.:thumbup:

I totally agree with you Paul74 ..Therez nothin to loose :thumbup:

I'm afraid you didn't quite get my post I quoted the suggestion of calling requesting an IV (which I really think is ridiculous) and I finished saying that he should save the phone call for some other inquiry such as asking for his status (just as you rephrased!). ;)

I totally agree with you Paul74 ..Therez nothin to loose :thumbup:

Hey kuts please let us know here if you ever get an IV calling and asking for one! :D

I'll be truthfully surprised...

Sadaf, fingers crossed! Don't loose hope. :luck:

Good luck to you all guys, all my best wishes to everyone applying!

:wow:

Hey kuts please let us know here if you ever get an IV calling and asking for one! :D

I'll be truthfully surprised...

@ Hope4 ( perdón por mi español ) one of my friends called Mona & requested an interview date and he got one :wow:

@ Sadaf listen to those guys ;) if you read the thread from start you will find; what they said is true about this program :thumbup:

Last edited:
@ Hope4 ( perdón por mi español ) one of my friends called Mona & requested an interview date and he got one :smuggrin: :diebanana:

I'm definitely wasting my time here but I had to come back for this one...

Let's try to think for once, some schools send you an email or letter saying that you were invited or selected for an interview (such as UPenn and Rochester for instance), and then you'd have to get back to them to make an appointment for that, schedule the interview, pick a date... You would know that if you read their instructions at least (don't even have to go through the entire thread, which I did just in case) that's what they say:

"*Selection of candidate eligible for interviews will be at the discretion of the interviewing team
*Those selected for an interview should call Mona Fine at 585-257-5087 or email [email protected]*to schedule an appointment for the interview"

Dear oralsurgeon2010, next time try to get your info correctly before posting... Just as your friend all the others that were SELECTED FOR THE interview (if I'm not mistaken this year they've been informed through email) had to call or email Mrs. Fine in order to SCHEDULE the interview! I really hope you can understand the difference of being selected therefore the need to make a call to schedule and just 'call to request an interview' without having received an invitation for that... (I can't be any more specific and clear about those two... Big difference right?!):p
:diebanana: :diebanana:

@ Sadaf listen to those guys ;) if you read the thread from start you will find; what they said is true about this program :oops:

Sadaf, if you read Rochester's instructions and their step-by-step guidelines on the application process (it's on this thread but I can send you the link if you need it) you'll understand it better. And if you read this thread from the beginning you'll see that just like last year things haven't changed that much.

Once again good luck :luck:, and I'll be singing off of this thread, if you think that I could help in any way, and I'll be glad to do so, please send me a private message.

Peace.:)

Please be peaceful,i know you all were trying to help each other but it turned other way around.Thanks again.:) :) :)

I'm definitely wasting my time here but I had to come back for this one...

Let's try to think for once, some schools send you an email or letter saying that you were invited or selected for an interview (such as UPenn and Rochester for instance), and then you'd have to get back to them to make an appointment for that, schedule the interview, pick a date... You would know that if you read their instructions at least (don't even have to go through the entire thread, which I did just in case) that's what they say:

Sorry for wasting your time :bang: , to be honest I am not sure if they already chose him before his call or after his call, any way don't give up Sadaf :thumbup:

Last edited:
Sorry for wasting your time :bang: , to be honest I am not sure if they already chose him before his call or after his call, any way don't give up Sadaf :thumbup:

Nope nothing yet,and i am not him,i am her.

i am curious about something: How many of the people here actualy received an e mail from Rochester asking them to choose a date for the interview?
and how many had to wrote them to get an interview? i didnt ask for an interview or a date but i wrote them in sept asking if they were already setting interviews... and all they say was ..... we can see you on Nov 1....... i just wonder if they would have email me anyways if i didnt ask that..... i am confused =s
i hope all of us who are going to the interview have the same opportunity.. and not just the ones who were call without emails..... i dont live in usa so i will make a longggg trip just to go there.....

hi...... i read that your interview is on nov 1....i will be there too..... are u form the usa? what hotel will u stay? do you know how close is the bus station for the university?---......

hi...... i read that your interview is on nov 1....i will be there too..... are u form the usa? what hotel will u stay? do you know how close is the bus station for the university?---......

Staybridge suites is the hotel, is close to the airport and close to the university..
I will be there the 29th.
Guys please share the IV Experience
Blessings for everyone.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:
Any female willing to share the room on Nov 28th in Rochester? Please PM me. My interview is scheduled for the 29th. Good luck to all those who are interveiwing there, as well as those who are waiting. Whatever happens, happens for good. Be positive :)

i am curious about something: How many of the people here actualy received an e mail from Rochester asking them to choose a date for the interview?
and how many had to wrote them to get an interview? i didnt ask for an interview or a date but i wrote them in sept asking if they were already setting interviews... and all they say was ..... we can see you on Nov 1....... i just wonder if they would have email me anyways if i didnt ask that..... i am confused =s
i hope all of us who are going to the interview have the same opportunity.. and not just the ones who were call without emails..... i dont live in usa so i will make a longggg trip just to go there.....

i have the same question......I am currently not in the states and i don't want to spend so much money travel all the way there just for an interview that I have little hope for being selected

i have the same question......I am currently not in the states and i don't want to spend so much money travel all the way there just for an interview that I have little hope for being selected

Already thinking in a negative way ... not good:thumbdown: