Affordable Care Act

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SSSMDt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there I was just curious as to what recent occurrences you all have experienced in medicine, possibly since the Affordable Care Act has been enacted. What is the good, the bad, and the ugly??

I volunteer in the ER and have had some nurses and physicians tell me that they see more patients but less sick ones (relatively).. is this true compared to before? Do any nurses/physicians/pre-meds have any experiences to compare to before the ACA?

I tried to find threads that compare the before and after explicitly but am unable to find anything so feel free to send any links my way if you know of any..
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there I was just curious as to what recent occurrences you all have experienced in medicine, possibly since the Affordable Care Act has been enacted. What is the good, the bad, and the ugly??

I volunteer in the ER and have had some nurses and physicians tell me that they see more patients but less sick ones (relatively).. is this true compared to before? Do any nurses/physicians/pre-meds have any experiences to compare to before the ACA?

I tried to find threads that compare the before and after explicitly but am unable to find anything so feel free to send any links my way if you know of any..
Thanks!!

ACA is not going to markedly affect the ER in the next few years.

I would think the ER would clear out a bit, if anything. People won't be using it as their primary care practitioner. But then again, maybe it's balanced by an increase in people who seek emergency care who otherwise wouldn't if they had no insurance. I bet it won't change much.