Afraid of wasting time and money....do I have a shot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulMD1993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I am a senior graduating with a 3.3 cumulative GPA. I was a student athlete and had a plethora of extracurriculars that I was committed to and it really affected my freshman and sophomore year grades. Since then I have gotten a 3.7 or higher every semester. This semester I am taking upper division science classes and I am on track to get straight A's. I have been accepted into several post-bacc programs for next year as well. My grades show an explicit upward trend that I am really proud of.​

With that being said, even if I get a 4.0 in my post bacc programs and a very high score on my MCAT, I am still worried that I don't have a shot of getting into an MD program. I am so afraid of wasting a ton on of money on a post bacc and then possibly even a masters if I don't have a shot of getting into a U.S. MD n the next 2 years. I'm also stressed about wasting time. What do you think my chances are?

Members don't see this ad.

What kind of student athlete? Assuming no red flags, excellent post-bacc GPA, and good MCAT, you should be fine. You will of course need to take care of nonacademics such as clinical experience and volunteer work.

Reactions: 1 user