Air Force HPSP and prejudice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ununique

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been applying for the Air Force HPSP. However, one of the teachers I have asked for a letter of recommendation informed me that the Air Force has a long history of prejudice against women and has a history of being evangelically oriented.
As a jewish women who has dealt with a fair amount of prejudice in my time this concerns me. I will be asking my recruiter for a contact that can give me more information but in the mean time I was hoping someone here would be able to tell me if they have experienced any problems in this area in the Air Force or any other HPSP program.
Thanks for any help

Members don't see this ad.

You're being fed a bunch of crap.

Sorry to be so blunt.

Mark

PS - I spent 9 years in the USAF on active duty.

Psychology and academia in general is well known for being liberal and often critical of things military. So im not suprised a professor is feeding you a bunch of crap.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you are right. I talked to a friend who has family in the air force. Thanks for the help, I will stop worrying and continue to apply.

Psychology and academia in general is well known for being liberal and often critical of things military. So im not suprised a professor is feeding you a bunch of crap.

Thanks Erg923

I have been experiencing this and it has been confusing me. I was so excited when I learned about HPSP but most people I tell about it seem somewhat shocked that anyone would want to apply.