Air Force Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ugatno

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows exactly what the process is for the Air Force scholarship. I know what all it entails of you get it, but as far as the timeline and speaking with recruiters and what not, I am having a hard time figuring out what to do before dental school. I'm applying this cycle and not sure when to get things going. Any input would be very helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

What I heard from the recruiter, things start getting serious to them when you have the acceptance letter to a dental school in hand. But call up your local airforce health professions recruiter and he/she will answer all of your questions regarding the timeline. Good luck this cycle! I will be applying for airforce & army HPSP also ;), granted I get accepted to a dental school.

Reactions: 1 user
AF is very competitive. There are only 12 spots this year. If you have a 21+ DAT and 3.7 + GPA you should apply.

If you're stats are on the lower side, start with the Army and consider Navy ( Navy being the more competitive of the two).

Get in contact with recruiters now. They will point you in the right direction. Ideally you will want to have all of your paperwork, LORs, etc. in by mid November so that when you get an acceptance on Dec 1, your recruiter can send it to the committee.