Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2014 – 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From reading previous posts, am I right to assume that interview decisions are given no later than 2 weeks after the interview? I'm trying to decide whether to take an interview slot 2 weeks elsewhere after my Jan. 23 ACOM interview, but that would mean if I get rejected from ACOM, I'd have to scramble for flights and hotels (which would be more expensive).

Or should I just book everything in advance and cancel if I decide to attend ACOM? How much are cancellation fees anyway... I think I'm overthinking this... =/
The decision may be two weeks out but it may also be 1 or 3 weeks. It all depends on the dean's schedule at the time. Plan for the worst, expect the best. If you feel like you should take the interview at the other place go ahead and plan for it. Cancellation fees are probably cheaper than the last minute flight would be.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody from the 12/12 interview heard anything? Also shout out to hiijakd for eating lunch with us interviewees (I think haha)!

there is now an admissions committee 2 tab on the scheduling assistant. can anyone make sense of this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the status looks like in the portal when they've sent out an interview invite?

For anyone who has been accepted and did the deposit by Dec 14th... on the portal for application status it says "complete & deposit." But on the checklist tab, it shows like ten things that say past due such as: background check, drug screen, physical exam, etc... but Ive never been sent any of those forms and see no way to even download or fill them out. Is this normal?

For those interested... I was accepted around October, California resident with a 3.4/27. Had another acceptance from KYCOM, but decided ACOM was best.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted today... I interviewed 12/12

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone!
Can someone please send me the link to the curriculum? Or picture? Or just write it? I have been looking everywhere for it and I cannot find it... :/

Hi everyone!
Can someone please send me the link to the curriculum? Or picture? Or just write it? I have been looking everywhere for it and I cannot find it... :/

Do you want an image of just the classes we take on a semester by semester basis or something else? Not sure what part of the curriculum you may want.

Do you want an image of just the classes we take on a semester by semester basis or something else? Not sure what part of the curriculum you may want.

The image of semester by semester would be great, thanks!
BTW, you are a current student at ACOM, right? Would you mind if I PM you a few questions about the school?

BTW, you are a current student at ACOM, right? Would you mind if I PM you a few questions about the school?
chemicalbull, madnemo, and myself are all current students and are happy to answer any questions you have.

Reactions: 4 users

Hi, yes I am a current student of ACOM. Feel free to PM me if you have questions I will be glad to answer them to the best of my ability.

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything for about 2 months since completion. Should I consider as silent rejection?

Hi, yes I am a current student of ACOM. Feel free to PM me if you have questions I will be glad to answer them to the best of my ability.

I am a current student too! Feel free to PM me. Congrats to all those accepted!

chemicalbull, madnemo, and myself are all current students and are happy to answer any questions you have.

Yes, I am also a current student and am more then willing to answer any questions. Feel free to PM me.

I haven't heard anything for about 2 months since completion. Should I consider as silent rejection?

I would recommend giving them a call. We have a very friendly staff here at ACOM, so when you get a chance give them a call and they can help you out.

Doubt it. A silent reject only occurs after interviews are finished. There is the possibility you might have been put on hold or they have not reviewed your app (December is a busy time and a lot of schools that have not reviewed my app and have stated I am the top of the pile for January).

Longtime lurker on SDN. Just wanted to say I was accepted here, but will be giving up my spot to go to another school. Goodluck! And may the odds be ever in your favor

Reactions: 2 users
Same here, current student. We are off for 2 weeks right now, and glad to help anyone. (You'd be amazed at how hard it is to adjust to doing nothing after 5 months of non-stop classes)

For anyone who has been accepted and did the deposit by Dec 14th... on the portal for application status it says "complete & deposit." But on the checklist tab, it shows like ten things that say past due such as: background check, drug screen, physical exam, etc... but Ive never been sent any of those forms and see no way to even download or fill them out. Is this normal?

For those interested... I was accepted around October, California resident with a 3.4/27. Had another acceptance from KYCOM, but decided ACOM was best.

It's the same for me, I'm pretty sure it's normal. An e-mail came from Linda Goodson a few days after I paid the deposit saying they don't need anything else right now and that they'll be sending out more info over the next few months. I'm assuming the portal lists those "needed" documents automatically after they put you on the "paid their deposit" list.

Hey everyone. I scheduled an interview for March 6th about a month ago, but when I logged in today it's no longer appearing in "My Schedule." Did this happen to anyone else? I was going to cancel anyway but I'm just a little confused as to whether or not I still am scheduled for this day. Also, would anyone be so kind as to provide me the link to the portal where you all are seeing your application updates? My email with that information must have been permanently deleted in spam. I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Hey everyone. I scheduled an interview for March 6th about a month ago, but when I logged in today it's no longer appearing in "My Schedule." Did this happen to anyone else? I was going to cancel anyway but I'm just a little confused as to whether or not I still am scheduled for this day. Also, would anyone be so kind as to provide me the link to the portal where you all are seeing your application updates? My email with that information must have been permanently deleted in spam. I'd really appreciate it!

https://ssp.acomedu.org/SelfService/Home.aspx

Thank you!

Does anyone know where I can find my use log and password ? I got the interview invite trying to schedule but it asks me for my log in and stuff. I don't remember setting anything up because the secondary came to me as link. Just called the office and ACOM is apparently closed till Jan 5th please help !! Thank you =)

Does anyone know where I can find my use log and password ? I got the interview invite trying to schedule but it asks me for my log in and stuff. I don't remember setting anything up because the secondary came to me as link. Just called the office and ACOM is apparently closed till Jan 5th please help !! Thank you =)

I had to email [email protected] to get my credentials. I emailed on a Saturday and someone actually responded within a few hours. I'm not sure if IT will also be away for the holiday, but it's worth a shot!

Current first year here as well. First time back on SDN since summer, but I'll probably be on a decent bit during this 2 week holiday break (you'd be amazed how quickly you can get bored during breaks; med school changes you :unsure:), so feel free to PM with any questions as well!

Waitlisted today... I interviewed 12/12
I was waitlisted as well. It kinda hit me hard, as I really found myself falling in love with ACOM as the interview day progressed. To be honest, I really want to forego my acceptance at VCOM-Auburn (the only other place I've interviewed) and sit on ACOM's waitlist with crossed fingers.
This is a freakin' tough decision...

Accepted from the 12/12 interview group! Does anyone know the rent at the student housing complex? Their office is closed for the break, and I was just curious...I've got a daughter so I'll need a 2BR for sure, trying to get some numbers for when I'm assaulted with questions from family over Christmas.:)

Accepted from the 12/12 interview group! Does anyone know the rent at the student housing complex? Their office is closed for the break, and I was just curious...I've got a daughter so I'll need a 2BR for sure, trying to get some numbers for when I'm assaulted with questions from family over Christmas.:)

Prices at the on campus apartments are going up this upcoming year. Do not quote me but I believe the 2 bedroom units will be $1130 a month next year. This includes your water, sewage and a very large allotment for electricity. I currently live there and I have not had any overages for electricity utilities. Plus the money you save by not having to drive to campus everyday is helpful when budgeting. Also, summerfield square gives you a discount when it comes to internet/tv/phone combos. I have looked and I save about $30 a month on my tv/internet bundle by living at acom as opposed to living somewhere else in town.

If you have other questions about living on campus let me know.

Just received an ii. Granted, now I need to figure out my user name and password to access the system (I don't remember being assigned one).

I just received an ii as well. If anyone is planning on canceling their interview let me know! I'd like to interview as early as possible and the closest day currently is in March :(

I just received an ii as well. If anyone is planning on canceling their interview let me know! I'd like to interview as early as possible and the closest day currently is in March :(
I got an invite yesterday as well. Luckily I found one for February 20th.

Same thing here. If anyone is planning on cancelling an interview let me know by sending me a message! Mid-march seems absurdly late!

I also got an ii today! I am scheduled for March 13. I was hoping it was going to be sooner but I'm still happy all the same :)

I also received an II today and scheduled for 3/13. Have you all had much luck with swapping dates?

Thanks Chemicalbull for the rent question...I appreciate it!

I was waitlisted as well. It kinda hit me hard, as I really found myself falling in love with ACOM as the interview day progressed. To be honest, I really want to forego my acceptance at VCOM-Auburn (the only other place I've interviewed) and sit on ACOM's waitlist with crossed fingers.
This is a freakin' tough decision...
see pm

Hi guys, just to be sure I registered for the interview the right way. When I clicked my schedule it says I am
registered as acom admissions committee with my name right below it.

I also received an II today and scheduled for 3/13. Have you all had much luck with swapping dates?
Yesss, I was originally schedule for 1/23 and got 12/5 after constantly checking the schedule for openings, took a couple days.

No, not yet. I have been keeping an eye out for people dropping though. Good luck trying to swap but if we are both unlucky then I'll see you on the 13th :)

II on Monday the 22nd. First one this cycle after a "late" primary.
Grabbed a spot Feb 13th and looking forward to meeting anyone else on here who will be there as well.
File was complete 11/17 ; 28 3.8s 3.7c for the lurkers. Cheers!

As for the log-in information issues..... Give the school a call. Get in touch with IT. Chris should be the guy to help you and will email you multiple e-mails with your information.