Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2014 – 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II here too!! 3.6/29 OOS, so excited to come check out this school!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted July 17th. Complete Aug. 8th. Interviewing Sept. 5th.

cGPA 3.66, sGPA 3.63, gGPA 4.00
MCAT 26 (10,6,10)

Definitely Shadowed more MDs than DOs, but my letter of Rec was from a DO.

You give me hope! I have the exact same MCAT breakdown.

--

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I scheduled 9/26. Did anybody get some sort of confirmation from them?

I received an II this morning, but I just now checked my e-mail. Where in past e-mails have login credentials been issued to us?

Reactions: 1 user
Same! See ya there! Flying in to Atlanta and driving from there

I received an II this morning, but I just now checked my e-mail. Where in past e-mails have login credentials been issued to us?

Awesome that both you guys got invites! I didn't get login credentials either, I emailed support, and hopefully will get them soon enough.

About the login credentials - I got them in my spam folder in 2 separate e-mails (1 with username, 1 with password) after submitting my secondary. Apparently their network was having problems because the e-mail was from "Postmaster" and the subject began with "Undeliverable". If your spam folder has been cleared out by then I suspect you'll have to call / e-mail ACOM to get your credentials.

About the login credentials - I got them in my spam folder in 2 separate e-mails (1 with username, 1 with password) after submitting my secondary. Apparently their network was having problems because the e-mail was from "Postmaster" and the subject began with "Undeliverable". If your spam folder has been cleared out by then I suspect you'll have to call / e-mail ACOM to get your credentials.
I checked my spam everyday, it ain't in there.

Thanks for this info!

Members don't see this ad :)
II Today! Signed up for September 12th
App was complete August 2nd
OOS cGPA 3.41, sGPA 3.21
MCAT 19 (P7 V4 B8), 26 (P10, V6, B10)

Congrats to everyone so far!

II Today! Signed up for September 12th
App was complete August 2nd
OOS cGPA 3.41, sGPA 3.21
MCAT 19 (P7 V4 B8), 26 (P10, V6, B10)

Congrats to everyone so far!
I scheduled for 9/12 as well! which state are you coming from? see you there!

jk, just saw your location is TX haha, good luck!

Wow a flight from Portland Oregon to dothan regional airport is $1000 for the 9/12 interview date.....yikes!!

Wow a flight from Portland Oregon to dothan regional airport is $1000 for the 9/12 interview date.....yikes!!
Check our AirTran into atlanta. I got a round trip for $280 and a 2 day car rental for around $100. It's a pretty decent drive but very doable just under 3 hours.

Alright, login credentials issued! Scheduled my interview for September 26. OOS, 3.6 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 33 MCAT. I really hope things work out at this school!

Anyone going to the Open House tomorrow? I drove down from Auburn to stay the night in Dothan. Looking forward to the event.

Got an interview invite as well! (3.76cGPA, 3.68sGPA, 26 MCAT) Butttt I can't log into the server..... I never received log in info. :/

I scheduled for 9/12 as well! which state are you coming from? see you there!

jk, just saw your location is TX haha, good luck!
Good luck to you too and see you there! (even though I will not exactly know which one of the interviewees you are)

Got an interview invite as well! (3.76cGPA, 3.68sGPA, 26 MCAT) Butttt I can't log into the server..... I never received log in info. :/
Check your junk mail, that is where I found mine. Apparently the email they sent had an error so it got sent to my junk mail.

Good luck to you too and see you there! (even though I will not exactly know which one of the interviewees you are)
I will be the dog wearing a suit obviously.....

Reactions: 1 users
Checked my junk email. It wasn't there either.... I'll send an email. Hopefully I won't have to wait until Monday to receive the info! I wonder what went wrong? :/

Checked my junk email. It wasn't there either.... I'll send an email. Hopefully I won't have to wait until Monday to receive the info! I wonder what went wrong? :/
I had to send an email too. A person named Chris from Information Systems emailed back with my log in info. He replied back to me within 10 minutes lol. Idk how long it would take for you over the weekend though. Hope you hear back soon!

II this morning as well! Reserved my slot for 9/5. Non-trad, 3.45 cGPA 3.61 sGPA, 28 MCAT, OOS (FL, but I'm planning on driving since it's only 6ish hours from home).

You wouldn't happen to be coming from the Tampa Bay Area???

Does anybody have links to read up on the curriculum? Not finding much in-depth information on the website. Would any current students care to comment on the basics (or details, if you have time) of the curriculum and how classes are set up?

Classes are typically 4 50-minute lectures in the morning. 1 hour break for lunch. Then a lab session in the ranging from Anatomy, OPP, and Primary Clinical Skills.

Hopefully that helps you out a bit.

I was able to find the spam folder login credentials, log in AND.......

all interview slots taken....

hummm. I will contact Linda.

Who will I be seeing on the 19th? :)

Hello everyone,

I recently got an interview invite from ACOM. However, it told me to use the credentials that it provided me in supplemental application invitation to log in to schedule the interview. ACOM's supplemental application has no log-in credentials.

I already emailed the support but I found this very weird.

Thanks!

EDIT: okay I just read the previous post and it seems like many other people are waiting for a reply from the support team :)

Just received word that the new interview scheduling for October is posted. Make sure to grab your spot soon.

Just received word that the new interview scheduling for October is posted. Make sure to grab your spot soon.
thank you very much for sharing! really appreciate it!

@osteohack10 what time-ish is your flight out of ATL? I'm considering flying to Atlanta and then driving to Dothan for my interview on the 19th, but I'm afraid to cut it too close on the back end of the trip.

I'm interviewing on the 12th. Is anyone else interviewing that day interested in grabbing some food and/or hanging out Thursday? We could use it as distraction therapy or something.

@osteohack10 what time-ish is your flight out of ATL? I'm considering flying to Atlanta and then driving to Dothan for my interview on the 19th, but I'm afraid to cut it too close on the back end of the trip.
@ananasmed I'm not leaving Atlanta until 10PM on the 26th. I had the same dilemma and I figure this way I'll have some extra time to check out Dothan and maybe some possibilities for housing! AirTran had a couple late flights to various places

For everyone flying into Atlanta: try to give yourself roughly 3.5 to 4 hours of drive time. Traffic can be rough in and around the airport. If you are coming in on the weekend, driving through Eufaula can also be painful. Just be prepared to give yourself some wiggle room, especially if you are trying to catch a flight. If you have some extra funds, Delta flys directly into Dothan from Atlanta. It's a small airport but converts the four hour drive into a forty minute flight. They have rental cars on site or you can bum a taxi for pretty cheap.

Hey, thanks for the advice! I may have to extend my trip until Saturday to get a more reasonable flight, or might just bite the bullet and fly from ATL to Dothan. None of the options are really "cheap," but then again I suppose the opportunity's worth it :)

The requirements for LOR are "We only accept letters from instructors of biology, chemistry or physics."

I went to a big university and usually all those 3 classes were taught in big lectures. Don't have any of them but I do have plenty of recs from the more advanced upper level science courses.

Anyone know if this is okay or has anyone succesfully used recs not by those professors.

The requirements for LOR are "We only accept letters from instructors of biology, chemistry or physics."

I went to a big university and usually all those 3 classes were taught in big lectures. Don't have any of them but I do have plenty of recs from the more advanced upper level science courses.

Anyone know if this is okay or has anyone succesfully used recs not by those professors.

The upper level science recs will be fine; I called the school about this to verify and was able to successfully use those letters. They WILL, however, reject letters that aren't on an official letterhead. One of mine was not on a letterhead apparently and they emailed me to say it would not fulfill the requirement... I used it for all my other schools, unknowingly, and none of them have seemed to care. So just a heads up about that! Thankfully I had some extra letters.