Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an email with log in credentials to track the status of my app
I believe I got the same thing but mine came as 3 separate emails that all came into my inbox as "undeliverable." When you follow the link and input credentials does it take you to a portal with a calendar? I am trying to find where I can see the status of my app.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe I got the same thing but mine came as 3 separate emails that all came into my inbox as "undeliverable." When you follow the link and input credentials does it take you to a portal with a calendar? I am trying to find where I can see the status of my app.

Got the exact same thing here with the 3 emails. And All I can see is a calendar. It won't let me click/see anything else once I log in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know where the status bar is or where our updated items are supposed to show up? Can't seem to find anything related to that.
I found it. Go to the "Resources" tab and click "Self-Service" then input your credentials they sent you and click "Checklist"

Reactions: 1 user
Mine says that they haven't received anything though! Anyone else showing items as received?

I can click around and go to different pages, but just can't find the status page. Seems like it's the portal for current students only.

mine also said undeliverable
if you scroll down to where it says "forwarded Message Attachment" does yours have the "to" and "from" as your email? i thought i tried to send them something and forgot about it

mine also said undeliverable
if you scroll down to where it says "forwarded Message Attachment" does yours have the "to" and "from" as your email? i thought i tried to send them something and forgot about it
Yes it does. It obviously is an issue on their end.

I noticed we can fill out the secondary even if we haven't received an email from ACOM just by going to ACOM's URL that's linked above. Do you think I should wait until I get an email from them to file it out? Or can I just fill it out now?

I think the best thing to do is not follow ACOMs requests and fill out a secondary anyways, I'm sure they'll be ok with it...

Where did they actually say not to fill it out before receiving it? Don't make assumptions without information to back it. Your patronizing is totally unnecessary btw.

Just try not to get ahead of yourself, it's early in the cycle and the very first wave of applications were just released to schools and finally processed. They will ask you for a secondary when they get to your application, no need to complicate the admission committee's job or annoy them by having a random secondary show up that they didn't ask for

Mine says that they haven't received anything though! Anyone else showing items as received?
for completed tasks, i have "ACOM Supplemental Application" and "Application Fee" (of course they would have that)

Mine says they have received all supplemental materials... anyone know what time they have sent II's in the past?

Did anybody submit their app on Friday or earlier and still not heard anything back about checking your app status?

Edit: Never mind 5 minutes after I posted this I got the email....

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How long after the primary application verification date from ACOMAS did most of you receive your secondary request from ACOM. My primary was finally verified on Monday and I received a secondary request from two schools on Tuesday....but nothing from ACOM yet.

How long after the primary application verification date from ACOMAS did most of you receive your secondary request from ACOM. My primary was finally verified on Monday and I received a secondary request from two schools on Tuesday....but nothing from ACOM yet.

My AACOMAS primary app was verified 6/04/15 , received a secondary last week. It will take some time. They review apps on a weekly basis and they screen before they send applications, it is not sent automatically. No rush..Just have to sit tight :)

verified back in early June.. but i don't think they started to send out secondaries until last week. Submitted on Monday and completed yesterday.

Hey everyone! I am a member of C/O 2019. If you have any questions let me know. I will do my best to answer what I can. Good luck to you all and hopefully will see you on campus next year!

Reactions: 3 users
Just verified today through AACOMAS, GPA isn't the hottest (3.45, 3.4), and awaiting an MCAT score. I haven't received a secondary or anything, and its my first cycle. Am I still on time in your opinion?

Just got the email saying my application was complete and they were reviewing it now

Just verified today through AACOMAS, GPA isn't the hottest (3.45, 3.4), and awaiting an MCAT score. I haven't received a secondary or anything, and its my first cycle. Am I still on time in your opinion?
Of course, there are plenty of people behind you, I've been on SDN for years just have made very little comments because of the neurotic mindset of most applicants. Don't worry about putting your app in now, it's still July, you're fine. Some schools (LUCOM for instance) didn't even start sending out secondaries until this week, you're fine.

Your timing is on track. Things opened up recently and I am almost positive interviews don't start until next month.
Honestly I didn't submit my secondary until end of February.

keep in mind the page with the MCAT score says *as of 4/15/15* I'm sure students both above and below that score have given up their spot since then. It will be interesting to see where that # stands once the year starts
We have a lot of students with a 30+ MCAT. They really have a great class. This school is so organized and prompt with everything. ACOM will be a top D.O. school in several years or shorter.

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted a primary app to get verified by AACOMAS and see what my GPAs are. Hopefully i'll be verified in a few weeks and find out if I have a DO letter from a physician or not, either way i've been reading about ACOM for over a year now since I decided to defer applying for this cycle.

I don't think they've sent out II(interview invite) yet. But I received a notification to complete a secondary through email.

What do you think my chances are guys? I have already received a secondary, but still worried about my MCAT score. I am retaking next week and im not sure how I feel about this new MCAT...
3.86cGPA
3.83sGPA
MCAT: 23 (9 PS,6 VB,8 BIO)

I just got an application received email from here. How long has it taken people to get the secondary after that email?
I got an email saying they received my app yesterday, and got an email for the secondary today.

Good luck everyone! ACOM is an amazing school. Us first years are about to enter fire hose territory. :)

Reactions: 1 users
What do you think my chances are guys? I have already received a secondary, but still worried about my MCAT score. I am retaking next week and im not sure how I feel about this new MCAT...
3.86cGPA
3.83sGPA

I think you should be fine. I have similar stats (23 and 3.67) and I've been getting secondaries left and right and I already have an interview. Just make sure to rock your secondaries and get them in early and you should be okay.

3.86cGPA
3.83sGPA

you should be okay as long as you are realistic about where you apply. You also have a nice GPA that gives your overall app boost. Did you already link your old mcat score to your AACOMAS app or are you waiting for the retake to come in order to do that all at once?

II sometime this afternoon. No email, had to check status update.

II sometime this afternoon. No email, had to check status update.
Where on the website do I go to access the status update?

OOS underdog lizzy 63

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Home tab, then application status

If it says "interview requested" in the status tab does that mean interview invite?

Does everybodies say "interview requested"

That would be great, but then that means it is all a mistake computer bug. Will have to call tomorrow and find out for sure.

Well mine says interview requested with today's date....(7/29)

anybody have a different date?

Were the credentials found in the initial secondary email?

They were supposed to send three emails at once. One with the link. One with your username and the last with your password.

I found mine in my spam

They were supposed to send three emails at once. One with the link. One with your username and the last with your password.

I found mine in my spam
Was that back when you got your secondary request? Or this new one. Gonna check spam now.

Mine also says 'Interview Requested' I wonder if that means I got an II, but seems like many others have the same status, so not sure.