Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone! I have a question about the deposit here: Is the entire $2,ooo due by the date they give you? And if you don't pay the full amount is your spot forfeited? Money is tight and I'm trying to figure out how to come up with this amount in time. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If I remember from last year they send out interviews on thursday/friday so I don't think there will be interviews sent out this week because campus is closed those days. Good luck everyone

For the current students: how much would a studio on campus cost per month with all utilities imcluded? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't recall from the interview and found nothing online but did they mention iPad and laptop included in tuition? Just curious

Hey everyone! I have a question about the deposit here: Is the entire $2,ooo due by the date they give you? And if you don't pay the full amount is your spot forfeited? Money is tight and I'm trying to figure out how to come up with this amount in time. Thanks!
Yeah if you are accepted from now until after January you have 30 days from your letter date to come up with the deposit or you forfeit your seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Can't recall from the interview and found nothing online but did they mention iPad and laptop included in tuition? Just curious
Yeah iPad and laptop are included with tuition

Reactions: 2 users
Declining acceptance at ACOM! Hopefully it goes to one of you who actually wants to go to this school :)! Really loved this school, and what it had to offer!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just declined my acceptance offer to this school. Hope one of you wonderful people who really want to go here get this spot :) Goodluck!

Reactions: 1 users
What happened to all the facebook groups for previous ACOM classes?

they're all private. Once the class starts and is set they go private

For current students, what wireless carriers do you have. My wife and I are looking into sprint, but what's service like in Dothan and surrounding areas. Thanks and see you all in August!

For current students, what wireless carriers do you have. My wife and I are looking into sprint, but what's service like in Dothan and surrounding areas. Thanks and see you all in August!

There are students with Verizon, AT&T, and sprint that I know of for sure and no one has any problems with service

Members don't see this ad :)
Too late to apply here? 3.45/27 MCAT
ca20b9e06d5a7cc04bab1d7aa4fdfcd5.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Awesome. Thank you for the reply!!

I lived in Dothan growing up and for a year after graduation and I always had Verizon. No problems with coverage and plenty of place to go in case you have problems!

They let you pick between a Mac and a regular Windows laptop.

One thing I made sure to check out during my interview cause one school I went to I would have had to change. I have sprint and my wife has AT&T and both had great 4g coverage pretty much everywhere we went.

Thanks for the replies everyone! We have Verizon but are probably going to switch to a cheaper plan once school starts.

Is there any way to exempt out of it? I really wanted to pick up a surface, but I don't want to if ACOM forces you to get one of their computers.
I think the way the girl explained it was you get either one. They come pre loaded with software and apps for class so I'm not sure how that would work. Might wanna call Linda and ask her.

Thanks for the replies everyone! We have Verizon but are probably going to switch to a cheaper plan once school starts.
Straight talk here works great...40 a month unlimited everything...I have Verizon myself and love it.

You can't opt out for the laptop but there is no point. They say they "gift them to you" so even if you opted out your tuition wouldn't go down. Plus they order so many at once that they get huge price cuts im sure so it wouldn't go down much anyways.

Going to be putting in my deposit in the very near future.. anyone care to comment on the housing situation? The on-campus seems very nice albeit a bit pricey and has many perks, my wife likes the idea of living around other people our own age. Certainly much cheaper places around but any advice from current students or other prospectives would be appreciated.

Been complete here since the end of August. Maybe its time for me to call?

I will be withdrawing my acceptance from this school in the upcoming days. It was a great school and really loved the atmosphere and the motivation/support the faculty provides for the students. Hope my acceptance goes to someone on the WL as I was in that situation last year. Stick in there and it'll turn out fine! Good luck to everyone!

Did anyone buy a car upon their move to Dothan? Or is common practice getting that business out of the way before moving? I ask because have a suspicion that taxes/title/etc will be hella more expensive where I live now versus Alabama and also am not super interested in roadtripping multiple days down to ACOM.

Did anyone buy a car upon their move to Dothan? Or is common practice getting that business out of the way before moving? I ask because have a suspicion that taxes/title/etc will be hella more expensive where I live now versus Alabama and also am not super interested in roadtripping multiple days down to ACOM.

You're from California aren't you

Good luck to everyone who interviewed on 11/20! I think we should find out something this week.

Noooo, Pennsylvania.

Haha my Northern California lingo is finding its way onto the east coast. For the longest time hella was made fun of by most of the country

Good luck to everyone who interviewed on 11/20! I think we should find out something this week.
11/20 interviewer here. Every time I get a phone call my heart skips a beat thinking its ACOM. haha.

Hey guys! I finally received the complete email stating my app is under review. I've heard the general timeline is 2 weeks. Can someone shed some light on how long it took for them to hear back regarding II, wait lists, and outright rejections?

All these acceptances... haven't heard anything from the school yet. :'(

All these acceptances... haven't heard anything from the school yet. :'(

When did you interview? I interviewed on 11/20. I don't think anyone in my group has heard back yet....
Unless you guys arn't telling me something!

Hey guys! I finally received the complete email stating my app is under review. I've heard the general timeline is 2 weeks. Can someone shed some light on how long it took for them to hear back regarding II, wait lists, and outright rejections?

I turned in my secondary 9/15 and received II invite beginning of November.

When did you interview? I interviewed on 11/20. I don't think anyone in my group has heard back yet....
Unless you guys arn't telling me something!

"haven't heard anything " as in literally nothing... No interview +pity+

I would be careful what information I trust from this site. It is not a credible news source. There has been a lot of backlash from reports that they release. Unless you see it on WTVY or WDHN news (our local news channels) I would take it with a grain of salt. They recently released a lot of falsified documents and slandered several people in regards to an unsolved murder that happened in the area 17 years ago. This guy that does their reports is not affiliated with any reputable news source.

I would be careful what information I trust from this site. It is not a credible news source. There has been a lot of backlash from reports that they release. Unless you see it on WTVY or WDHN news (our local news channels) I would take it with a grain of salt. They recently released a lot of falsified documents and slandered several people in regards to an unsolved murder that happened in the area 17 years ago. This guy that does their reports is not affiliated with any reputable news source.

Got it, I appreciate the heads up