Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay when I'm home later I'll look up some places to eat and then I'll message you two

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
It was very chill! I enjoyed my interview quite a bit. This interview was very cool and the docs I interviewed with were VERY cool. I'm glad my application was considered and I can honestly say that interviewing well and being able to communicate with numerous people is a skill that takes practice and I'm glad that I went and I can keep going on and on.

BTW... that was a HUGEEE run on sentence but IDC. lol good luck everybody else.
How long did the interview last?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did the interview last?

My interview went by so quick but I believe we were capped at 20-25 minutes since there were more than 15 of us interviewers I believe.

I spent more than 35 minutes with my interviewers cause we lost track of time lol

Some people got less time and some got more. I guess it just depends on who interviewed you and if your responses led to more meaningful conversations which is pretty much how mine went.

My interview went by so quick but I believe we were capped at 20-25 minutes since there were more than 15 of us interviewers I believe.

I spent more than 35 minutes with my interviewers cause we lost track of time lol

Some people got less time and some got more. I guess it just depends on who interviewed you and if your responses led to more meaningful conversations which is pretty much how mine went.
Thanks man!

Comfort Inn that is located a mile down the road, ACOM discount, great breakfast, and nice rooms.

My flight back to California is cancelled-_-... Stuck at Atlanta.

Interview was laid-back(which can be a good or bad thing because you don't know how you did). Dr. Hayes was so passionate and awesome about OMT, I was about lie on the table and let him demonstrate on me. we hear back in 7-10 days.

Faculty was friendly, housing looks awesome, school seems perfect.
did you fly spirit

Hello everyone, I have lived in Dothan my entire life. If you have any questions about the area just ask and hopefully I can help. I submitted my supplemental application today and anxious for the invite.
can we have a sleepover at your place lol

Well damn it guys, they canceled my flight yesterday so I will be coming down for my interview the 28th of this month. Good luck to everyone today.
Ill be staying at the la'Quinta hotel so if anyone is staying there or nearby feel free to hit me up.

Today is supposed to be the earliest the interviewees from 8/14 hear back from admissions so I am excited.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kind of glad our clinic is getting slammed. Means more distractions to keep me from sitting around waiting.

Last edited:
I guess it is not happening today.

Wave 1 defeated! Send more.

I was told that admission committee already met this week, and we should hear back this afternoon or by Monday!

I thought that no school is allowed to send out acceptance letters until October 1st (unless you applied for early acceptance).

I was going with alottedportion's joke that we were all rejected, hence wave 1 defeated.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! Just got the phone call!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 15 users
ACCEPTED VIA PHONE CALL TOO!

Reactions: 13 users
Congrats to everyone who was accepted! Now I'm even more pumped for my II on 9/4!

Accepted via phone call about an hour ago! So excited!

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats everyone! Early acceptances are amazing. Enjoy not being stressed out for a year.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations to everyone who got their acceptance! Unfortunately, I've waitlisted. Does anyone know how their waitlist system works?

can we have a sleepover at your place lol
Haha sure you can squeeze in the bed with my 3 or 6 year old. The little one still has accidents sometimes, hopefully your ok with that

Congratulations to those accepted!!! I hope I can join you soon

Congrats guys. Anybody from the first interview still waiting to hear on their status?

those accepted have 30 days to accept (pay deposit) or decline right? how much is the deposit

those accepted have 30 days to accept (pay deposit) or decline right? how much is the deposit
We have until December 14 according to the email they sent us today - they go by AACOMAS guidelines and its 2 grand

I'm excited for 9/04 now that I have seen all of these acceptances. Congrats! For those of you who were accepted what were your stats? Did ACOM impress you?

Got the call around 10:00 AM this morning. This was a great interview practice and I'm glad to have received a seat at ACOM. Seems like a great program!

Reactions: 3 users
Did you end up hearing back from ACOM? I guess my answer will come sometime this week.

Nope. Id figure they would let all of us know the same day since there wasn't that many interviewees but maybe tomorrow or later in the week.

Nope. Id figure they would let all of us know the same day since there wasn't that many interviewees but maybe tomorrow or later in the week.

Its not all bad. After months of job searching I got 2 IIs this week so I can put more $$ in the bank before school starts.

So even though the school website says the interview will be from 9am-3pm, we are actually done before noon?

II today!! Very excited about the school! Looks like an excellent program with a ton of potential. I've never really been to the south, so I am also looking forward to that :)