Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me too. I don't see it either.

Did Bob say anything abt it?
Nope he didn't mention it. I'm sure they'll fix it so I'm just going to wait

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll hold off for awhile too. I have 3 interviews coming up and I just have a feeling I will like ACOM more for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
So nervous about hearing back about my 8/19 interview this week (hopefully). :(:(:(

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the waitlist letter in the mail. Hopefully my Sept 1st transcript update pulls me off this thing.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the waitlist letter in the mail. Hopefully my Sept 1st transcript update pulls me off this thing.
It totally will! I want everyone from this thread to get in because I feel like we are all already friends.

Reactions: 4 users

You will, and if for some off chance reason you don't, you'll be outright accepted at another school no doubt.

Congrats to everyone that got acceptances! And for those waitlisted, you guys are really early in the game so your chances are still great:) I have my interview here this Friday Aug. 26. and it is my number one school!
Are the interviews really as chill as everyone says they are (so basically "get to know you" questions like why DO and stuff)? I am kind of in freak out mode right now haha. I am just going over my app and the school's info, is that sufficient?

Also, does anyone have insight into the type of community service projects they do (I know they do trips to Ecuador but some other things)?
Thanks in advance!

Congrats to everyone that got acceptances! And for those waitlisted, you guys are really early in the game so your chances are still great:) I have my interview here this Friday Aug. 26. and it is my number one school!
Are the interviews really as chill as everyone says they are (so basically "get to know you" questions like why DO and stuff)? I am kind of in freak out mode right now haha. I am just going over my app and the school's info, is that sufficient?

Also, does anyone have insight into the type of community service projects they do (I know they do trips to Ecuador but some other things)?
Thanks in advance!

The answer to your question about a "chill" interview is a resounding yes. Although it didn't happen to me, one of my fellow interviewees said that his interviewer told him to remove his suit jacket and get comfortable.

YA. He's like one of the coolest interviewee I met ever since LECOM.
So far, I've been a lucky spectator on this thread, enjoying all of the positive energy and ACOM applicant and acceptee camaraderie. So, I would also like to request entry (fist pump into the air) into the @getfat fan club!!!!

Last edited:
Guys. I know I am a such a neurotic premed. So I just gonna put this question here.

I had speeding ticket in the past, it was infraction in the state of California.

There are no places on ACOM supplemental application + AACOMAS application say to indicate traffic infraction. ( I have read these applications again thousan time, they only has misdemeanor and felony, which I never had).

Should I inform the school guys?

Guys. I know I am a such a neurotic premed. So I just gonna put this question here.

I had speeding ticket in the past, it was infraction in the state of California.

There are no places on ACOM supplemental application + AACOMAS application say to indicate traffic infraction. ( I have read these applications again thousan time, they only has misdemeanor and felony, which I never had).

Well, I don't know what the differences between Michigan and California are, but I have had 3+ speeding tickets and I did not report anything to any schools.

I highly doubt it matters if they didn't specifically ask for that information but if you're concerned, there's no harm in calling to let them know. I have a speeding ticket too and I'm sure many many applicants do as well.

If you paid it off then you are good to go, don't worry about it. I believe that section is for things like DUI, manslaughter, etc.

Thanks guy. I did call and Ms. Linda say to email Dr. Reynolds. I did emailed him. I think I'm just going to be honest with them even it sounds like a stupid question that keep getting on my nerve.

@femmegoblue lol. How come? That's alot of money, mate.

Thanks guy. I did call and Ms. Linda say to email Dr. Reynolds. I did emailed him. I think I'm just going to be honest with them even it sounds like a stupid question that keep getting on my nerve.

@femmegoblue lol. How come? That's alot of money, mate.
Because I was (am) dumb. I have also been without a drivers license and been pulled over for something else, which was a double whammy

Because I was (am) dumb. I have also been without a drivers license and been pulled over for something else, which was a double whammy
I was pulled over for taking my girlfriend home late during college lol (no idea why, we were above 18). But I did not get any tickets beside the verbal warning. Sometimes, police just like to pull you over to check...

Last edited:

I hope so! I need a roommate come next July. Lol.

Hey guys I need some advice. I am interviewing this Friday but I am flying into Dothan. I wanted to rent a car but since Dothan regional airport is so small all the rental car places close before my flight lands Thursday night. Does anyone know if there is uber that can take me to my interview Friday morning????

Hey guys I need some advice. I am interviewing this Friday but I am flying into Dothan. I wanted to rent a car but since Dothan regional airport is so small all the rental car places close before my flight lands Thursday night. Does anyone know if there is uber that can take me to my interview Friday morning????

I tried to request an uber several times and there was no available drivers.

You might wanna schedule a pickup with yellow taxi or a similar company

Yea I will try that. Thanks for the advice though! Now I am on team getfat too!

what is the interview like here? I'm scheduled for 10/28 and I'm nervous as heck.

Is it just one interview?
How many people are interviewing you?

what is the interview like here? I'm scheduled for 10/28 and I'm nervous as heck.

Is it just one interview?
How many people are interviewing you?
2-3 faculties will interview you. One of them will be a physician or clinical faculty.

Interview is very conversational. Relax, be yourself, and go with the flow.

I believe at Comfort Inn there is a ACOM shuttle that will take you to the school and back to the hotel. But you have to email them in order to get on the shuttle list. Maybe change your hotel to that one.

I believe at Comfort Inn there is a ACOM shuttle that will take you to the school and back to the hotel. But you have to email them in order to get on the shuttle list. Maybe change your hotel to that one.

Do you know when we should email them to get on the shuttle list? How many days in advance from our interview day?

I just emailed Bob Willis today and my interview is this Friday. He confirmed it with me right away.

Do you know when we should email them to get on the shuttle list? How many days in advance from our interview day?

I emailed Mr. Willis the Monday before my interview when he sent out the reminder. But I am sure you can still email him now because he is pretty quick.

Yeap. Mr. Willis was SO NICE and extremely quick at e-mailing back. He waited for students too :) The shuttle to and from the school was so good, saved a good amount of taxi money.

Wait you email Mr. Willis about having a shuttle service to and from the comfort inn?
I just emailed Bob Willis today and my interview is this Friday. He confirmed it with me right away.

I emailed Mr. Willis the Monday before my interview when he sent out the reminder. But I am sure you can still email him now because he is pretty quick.

Yeap. Mr. Willis was SO NICE and extremely quick at e-mailing back. He waited for students too :) The shuttle to and from the school was so good, saved a good amount of taxi money.

Good luck to everyone interview this Friday. Prepared to be blown away haha

Reactions: 2 users
Forget a very important tips: always laugh at a dean joke haha (from my premed advisor)