Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is the class size?

Members don't see this ad.

What is the class size?
a current student told me that their class size is around 160! so ACOM will probably be accepting up to 320 this cycle as most medschools accept double their matriculation amount

Reactions: 1 user
I interview next week... very excited.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So maybe we will find out tomorrow for 9/2

Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTED!!! Look forward to learning with/from you guys in the near future!

Reactions: 9 users
Wow... Congrats everyone that is fantastic!!!

Interviewed 9/9, ACCEPTED 9/14. Not sure if I should smile, laugh, or cry right now.. I think I'll just do all 3. Congrats to everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Just got the acceptance call, but missed it! I was boarding the plane home from another schools interview. SO HAPPY! I'm going to have to make some hard decisions in the next few weeks, which is a good problem to have! Congrats everyone!!

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats everyone! Didn't get the call. I'm going to assume I got rejected...

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! Didn't get the call. I'm going to assume I got rejected...
No call either. Maybe waitlisted or rejected. We're in the same boat, but we should wait and see what the official email says.

Anyone think there is a chance he will be making more calls tomorrow? Or should we assume if we didn't get the call tonight we are waitlisted/rejected?..

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Any tips and pointers for the interview? I have it scheduled for the 30th.

I submitted my secondary on the the aug 23rd and got the secondary received on aug 31st but I am still not complete...should i be worried?
Just give them a call tomorrow, they are very nice and helpful. They will let you know if you're missing anything.

Dr. Reynolds did say that he tries to give everyone a call. I wouldn't assume he would binge two weeks of interviewees in one night, so it's very possible he will give more calls tomorrow... I hope :(
From my understanding he occasionally will break up the calls over 2-3 days. Don't give up hope everyone! You've got this!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using SDN mobile

accepted! missed the call from Dr. R, but feels good mayn :); congrats to all others who got accepted! Those who haven;t gotten calls, dont lose hope and best of luck!

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Any tips and pointers for the interview? I have it scheduled for the 30th.

Just relax and be yourself.

I honestly thought I didn't do that great in my interview, but I guess I was wrong! Just know your app, know why you are applying to osteopathic medical school, and be friendly! You'll do fine. :)

Everyone who accepted should pm me so I can added you guys on our fb class. Congratulations to everyone :)

Reactions: 5 users
How can we contact Dr. Reynolds? I kinda wanna email him or something to thank him for his call

Just relax and be yourself.

I honestly thought I didn't do that great in my interview, but I guess I was wrong! Just know your app, know why you are applying to osteopathic medical school, and be friendly! You'll do fine. :)
Thank you so much :) Just a little bummed since I got my first rejection post-interview, so I want to handle my future interviews as best as I can.

Would you say it was a long interview?

Thank you so much :) Just a little bummed since I got my first rejection post-interview, so I want to handle my future interviews as best as I can.

You will enjoy the interview that it went by too fast you would not even know!!!

Congrats everyone :) all y'all are future doctors!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users

It's like @lnguyen1412 said, it goes by super fast! Just don't psych yourself out mid-interview like I did when you come to the realization that you are at a medical school interviewing lol.

I was fine for my interview next week..until i read all of these posts. now i'm getting more jittery :whistle:

You will enjoy the interview that it went by too fast you would not even know!!!

This is true. I had an interview that felt like pulling teeth elsewhere. This one was really great, I was able to express myself and I did not get nervous at all :) Really great school, atmosphere, teachers. Love it.

That's awesome to know! I'm assuming the interviewers were easy-going and relaxed.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but did the interviewers grill you guys at all on GPA or MCAT or anything like that? I have low-ish stats and I'm afraid. I am obviously very grateful to get an II, but I don't know if my stats will ultimately lead to my downfall D:

It's like @lnguyen1412 said, it goes by super fast! Just don't psych yourself out mid-interview like I did when you come to the realization that you are at a medical school interviewing lol.

Haha, I think this is what I did last week! I'm glad everyone has such great things to say about this school. Super excited.

This is true. I had an interview that felt like pulling teeth elsewhere. This one was really great, I was able to express myself and I did not get nervous at all :) Really great school, atmosphere, teachers. Love it.

Where did you have the negative interview experience? If you don't mind me asking.

That's awesome to know! I'm assuming the interviewers were easy-going and relaxed.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but did the interviewers grill you guys at all on GPA or MCAT or anything like that? I have low-ish stats and I'm afraid. I am obviously very grateful to get an II, but I don't know if my stats will ultimately lead to my downfall D:

They asked about my MCAT, so just have an answer for that. They didn't grill me though :)

They asked about my MCAT, so just have an answer for that. They didn't grill me though :)

Ah okay! I think my MCAT is okay, it's just my GPA. I hope I don't end up sounding like I'm making up an excuse as to why I didn't do as well as I could have as an undergrad.

Where did you have the negative interview experience? If you don't mind me asking.

I think it was more me being nervous and not knowing what to expect. like others have said on this thread earlier, acom just FELT different, like family! I can picture myself studying here and fitting in here and that made all the difference in my interview experience :)

Honestly, my interview at LECOM was bad IMO. It was my first interview so nervous was the reason. But before I walked into the interview with ACOM, I was nervous too. My interviewer realize that so he asked me to share something fun that I have done in Dothan to help me at ease! After that, the conversation just went on and I totally forgot about the time.
The other interviewer as me about my C- and C+ In anatomy and neurological science, respectively! But I managed to answer about it and give them my plan how to overcome it in med school. Overall, my interview was fun and relaxed

I have a low GPA (3.2c/3.1s), 5 C's, 2 C- (I retook one of these because it was a required class), 4 W's, took a year off between junior & senior year before returning to graduate, took the MCAT twice (did ok the first time but I wanted to do better, ended up with a 9 point score increase the second time), and I've taken additional courses/ finished pre-reqs at a community college since graduating 2 years ago. I was not asked about ANY of these things, and I was accepted 2 weeks ago. Let your passion shine through during your interview, and your stats won't hold you back.

Reactions: 6 users
I have a low GPA (3.2c/3.1s), 5 C's, 2 C- (I retook one of these because it was a required class), 4 W's, took a year off between junior & senior year before returning to graduate, took the MCAT twice (did ok the first time but I wanted to do better, ended up with a 9 point score increase the second time), and I've taken additional courses/ finished pre-reqs at a community college since graduating 2 years ago. I was not asked about ANY of these things, and I was accepted 2 weeks ago. Let your passion shine through during your interview, and your stats won't hold you back.
This was awesome to read. Thanks a bunch. I have a ton of grade replacement, too and had to retake the MCAT like 3 times to get a decent score. I hope it works out for me. Just hope that me interviewing at the end of September won't have a huge effect.

Congrats on your well-deserved acceptance! :)

This was awesome to read. Thanks a bunch. I have a ton of grade replacement, too and had to retake the MCAT like 3 times to get a decent score. I hope it works out for me. Just hope that me interviewing at the end of September won't have a huge effect.

Congrats on your well-deserved acceptance! :)

If you're as nice in person as you are here on SDN I think you'll do great in your interview! Every post of yours is so positive and supportive so all you need to do is just be yourself. Good luck!!

If you're as nice in person as you are here on SDN I think you'll do great in your interview! Every post of yours is so positive and supportive so all you need to do is just be yourself. Good luck!!

Wow, are you taking all those interviews? Sheesh

Go Hawks btw

Does anyone know the average mcat score for this school? What are the chances with a 500 and a 3.95c and 3.96s