Alabama Controlled Substance Laws

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kvl1027

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I am reading the Controlled Substance Act, I'm seeing that Amphetamine Salts and Methlyphenidate are Schedule-III. I'm assuming they still treated as Schedule-II to comply with federal law? Just trying to clarify for the MPJE. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

As I am reading the Controlled Substance Act, I'm seeing that Amphetamine Salts and Methlyphenidate are Schedule-III. I'm assuming they still treated as Schedule-II to comply with federal law? Just trying to clarify for the MPJE. Thanks!
Yup. Their listing is a little odd. Crystal Meth is a CIII by state law.

Pretty crazy! Should make for some interesting questions on the MPJE.

Members don't see this ad :)
HI, I am from Florida also. I am studying for the AL law exam. Where are good place to look for study materials? I am not sure what to focus on. Any helpful hints will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Also studying for AL and it is very odd. Just read:

Nonresident pharmacies shall comply regulatory requirements of the State of Alabama for controlled substances, including those that are different from federal law...

How is that even possible?

Nonresident pharmacies shall comply regulatory requirements of the State of Alabama for controlled substances, including those that are different from federal law...

mail order

I imagine there is a definition of "nonresident pharmacy" somewhere that amounts to mail order like the above poster suggested. That is a pretty standard clause. TN requires pharmacies that dispense to patients in (not from) tennessee to comply with all rules of the Board of Pharmacy.

These kind of laws are what cause some PICs at Mail order/speciality pharmacies to have multiple licenses. When I worked speciality as an intern, our PIC had something like 30 active licenses (that the company paid for of course).