Albany College of Pharmacy c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snamorimba

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!! I did a search but couldn't find any thread for Albany! Is anyone applying there?

Members don't see this ad.

hey I did apply here but for the Vermont campus. What about you?

Yayyy!! I was wondering where everyone was! :) I'm still deciding between Albany and Vermont, but I heard that Albany usually takes transfers from their 6 year programs, so our chances of getting in are super slim? I'm leaning towards Vermont because of that. Have you submitted your supplemental?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah i submitted everything but I don't think my chance of being accepted is super high because I only took the PCAT once with no prior studying and received a 20% on it. Would you happen to know the minimum PCAT requirement for ACPHS Vermont?

Yeah i submitted everything but I don't think my chance of being accepted is super high because I only took the PCAT once with no prior studying and received a 20% on it. Would you happen to know the minimum PCAT requirement for ACPHS Vermont?
Not really sure! I can't seem to find their stats info on their webpage, but I would recommend you retaking the test if possible and aim for at least 70%? You still have time! :)

For the supplemental, did you write pass the space limit (where the scrolling is shown), or did you just keep it within the space provided?

yep I just kept it to the space that was provided because I mailed my application. And Thanks for your help.

yep I just kept it to the space that was provided because I mailed my application. And Thanks for your help.
Thanks for the information, and you're welcome! :) I wonder where the other applicants are; it's just us two! Haha

I mailed in my supplemental for the Albany campus yesterday

I mailed in my supplemental for the Albany campus yesterday

Did you write down all the school you are applying? Do you think they will take it into consideration to select ppl for admission? I'm not sure if it's appropriate if I can just name a few schools then dot dot dot :)

Did you write down all the school you are applying? Do you think they will take it into consideration to select ppl for admission? I'm not sure if it's appropriate if I can just name a few schools then dot dot dot :)

I wrote down as many as there was room for lol..I'm not sure if this effects admissions...In my opinion it should not matter.

lol this is funny to me too, last year there were so many posts by the students, this year nobody wants to share info i guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I just received an interview invitation for Oct 11 or Nov 15. I will attend Nov. 15. Did anyone else get it??

is anyone emailing their supplemental

is anyone emailing their supplemental

I emailed them my supplemental application on Wed but they have not responded yet. I think I gonna call them to confirm if they get it.

Hello!

I applied here about a week ago. Unfortunately, I don't have that great of stats. Education has been a long journey for me. Anyone knows when I should expect a letter (interview or rejection) from them? Also if anyone has been invited for interviews or accepted, can you please share your stats?

Thanks! Have a great day!

hey guys! I got an interview about a week or two ago and I'm so excited! My GPA is a 3.1 (should be going up by the end of this semester) and my PCAT score is in the 55th percentile. I was surprised I got an interview, I can only hope it goes well. I am scheduled for December 3rd. :)
btw, I literally got an interview invitation the day after I submitted my supplemental. Best of luck to everyone!

@ pharmgrl2013

Congrats! Good luck on your interview :)

Hello I just got my acceptance letter today.. I interviewed 2 weeks ago on Nov 15.. my stats are as follows: 2.9 GPA, 74 composite PCAT, 3 years of retail pharmacy experience.. interview was very laid back.. i didn't prepare for it at all.. they just ask some simple questions such as why you chose pharmacy and its more of a conversation than an interview

Hello I just got my acceptance letter today.. I interviewed 2 weeks ago on Nov 15.. my stats are as follows: 2.9 GPA, 74 composite PCAT, 3 years of retail pharmacy experience.. interview was very laid back.. i didn't prepare for it at all.. they just ask some simple questions such as why you chose pharmacy and its more of a conversation than an interview
Congrats! I'm submitted my supplemental app a month go and got the confirmation but haven't heard anything since! How long after the confirmation did you receive the invite??

Congrats! I'm submitted my supplemental app a month go and got the confirmation but haven't heard anything since! How long after the confirmation did you receive the invite??

About 2 - 3 weeks

I am so sorry for replying late, I have been buzy travelling to other interviews. I got accepted into the Vermont campus. I was interview by two faculty mambers, the interview was pretty laid back and lasted about 20 minutes.

Hey guys I am going to the interview on Dec. 3rd. How long do they take to make a decision after the interview?

Hey guys! I just realized that I used the different email from the email I provided in the pharmcas to send the supplemental application. I am so worried. Do I need to resend it with the email I put in pharmcas? is this a problem?

hi guys! I'm a P1 in Vermont (obviously). We are so excited to have another class come in next year! In case you haven't heard, the 2013 class is the first graduating class from the Vermont campus. The faculty in Albany and Vermont are very dedicated to all of the students on both campuses. As for not helping you guys out earlier, I think most of us were so busy with the semester we didn't think to check the forums, plus I think only a few people participated on here last year. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Vermont campus- PharmD candidate class 2016

I'm in the same boat. Have you heard from them yet?? tnx

What exactly is the difference between these two programs? Is Albany strictly the 6 year program and Vermont for the 4 year? What are the chances of doing the 4 year, strictly post B.S., studies in Albany?

The reason I ask is because my girlfriend has her PhD in molecular biology/pathology and I don't think there would be any, or at least drastically fewer, viable employment options in Vermont for her. It would make it much easier/better for the two of us to work in Albany itself.

GPA: 3.05
PCAT: 91% composite

I am from California and have an interview January 14. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay or how to get to the school? If anyone is flying in from CA, would anyone like to fly together or stay in the same hotel (different rooms)? Let me know! :)

What exactly is the difference between these two programs? Is Albany strictly the 6 year program and Vermont for the 4 year? What are the chances of doing the 4 year, strictly post B.S., studies in Albany?

The reason I ask is because my girlfriend has her PhD in molecular biology/pathology and I don't think there would be any, or at least drastically fewer, viable employment options in Vermont for her. It would make it much easier/better for the two of us to work in Albany itself.

GPA: 3.05
PCAT: 91% composite
Albany is not strictly for the six year program, although, there are less seats available for transfers. Also, remember that you are going to be going to school for the next three years with traditional college students who may be much younger and much less experienced in education as you.

I got accepted! This was one of my top choices and I think I am going to accept :) I was very excited because they originally had me on a wait list and I was surprised to hear back so soon. :D

Hi,

I just got a email for an interview on February 23. I'm applying to the Vermong campus. What kind of questions did they ask?
thanks.

Hi,

I just got a email for an interview on February 23. I'm applying to the Vermong campus. What kind of questions did they ask?
thanks.

1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Describe a time where you took a leadership role.
3. A pharmacy scenario question.

That's all I can remember. Hope that helps and good luck!!

Hey guys, I'm interested in applying to this school. I'm getting the impressions there are essays on the supplemental application, and I was wondering how many?

I got accepted! This was one of my top choices and I think I am going to accept :) I was very excited because they originally had me on a wait list and I was surprised to hear back so soon. :D

Congrats! Last I heard, ACP only had a few spots left. I had an interview on the 24th and I am still waiting to hear back.

Congrats! Last I heard, ACP only had a few spots left. I had an interview on the 24th and I am still waiting to hear back.
uh oh, do you think it's too late to apply now then? for the vermont campus

uh oh, do you think it's too late to apply now then? for the vermont campus

It's always worth a shot. I applied for the Albany campus, so there weren't very many seats to begin with. Things may be different for VT. Good luck!

I interviewed January 14 and received an acceptance email on January 23. The interview was very relaxed and conversational. Similar questions to the "Interview Feedback" section. Good luck to those interviewing and applying!

Does anyone know the statistics on previous years? (ie how many people applied and got accepted)

Last edited:
Hi I have an interview for this Friday Feb 8 for Vermont campus. Any body else interviewing that day? I'm flying out from los angeles... :)

are the interviews for the vermont campus held in vermont? or albany

If you are interviewing for Vermont campus, the Interview is held in vermont

Hi I have an interview for this Friday Feb 8 for Vermont campus. Any body else interviewing that day? I'm flying out from los angeles... :)

My interview is on the 8th as well. :) I lived in California for a while, but I'm flying from Houston. What time is your interview?

Please keep all of us updated if you have heard back from the Albany's interview on January 24. Thanks :)

Edit: Got accepted today! :)

Last edited: