Albany College of Pharmacy c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please keep all of us updated if you have heard back from the Albany's interview on January 24. Thanks :)

Edit: Got accepted today! :)

me too! :D I'm super super happy.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! Are you accepting the offer? And where are you from? I'm from IN :)

I am, definitely. I'm from the Albany area, so it's my top choice to stay close to home :)) How about you? Are you accepting?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I am. Albany is where my family will be settling down. It's really a blessing! See ya in the fall :)

Yes, I am. Albany is where my family will be settling down. It's really a blessing! See ya in the fall :)

I am running into some prerequisite troubles :( They aren't accepting a course that no other school flagged, and I got a little bit blindsided. Hoping to get it straightened out before it's too late. Eek.

I just submitted my supp app and fee an hour ago and just got an interview invite!! are they normally this quick??

Hii, please do you know if there is a facebook page for the incoming class (vermont campus)?

I just submitted my supp app and fee an hour ago and just got an interview invite!! are they normally this quick??

I submitted mine months ago and still hv'nt heard anything. Do you mind sharing your stat.I would like to know if I have a chance.. Thanks

Does anyone know when is their last interview? Is it full yet?
I am still waiting for an interview! 

Hi, I recently got an interview with the Vermont Campus. I originally applied to the Albany campus but they told me that all of the seats are taken so offered me an interview at the Vermont one, which I accepted. The remaining dates that they had me choose from were: March 9, March 14, March 15

I'm not sure if that means that those are the last interviewing dates or not. Good luck!

Thats weird because they offered me a date recently for the albany campus

Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page for those who got accepted for this Fall 2013 admissions (Class of 2017)

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the only school that I didn't hear back from. They just took my money and left it as that. I got 16 interview offers and nada from this one. I don't really want to go here though but wished they could have sent me kind of response. Oh well.

How long did the interview last?
That's strange, I'm not sure either. The interview was really fast, around 15 minutes although it feels much shorter. They only asked me around 3-4 questions, 1 of them being an ethical question. It wasn't too bad but I just felt rushed..? gl though

did you hear back yet about a decision?

Last edited:
Hey guys- I got accepted to the Albany campus- does anyone know if there is a facebook group for transfers accepted to the 2017 class?

I just interviewed at the Vermont campus today. It's a very wonderful place. If I get accepted here, I'm definitely attending. Good luck to everyone.

Edit: Accepted on 4/17. :D

Last edited:
Just got an interview invite to the Vermont campus for May 17. I am surprised that they are still conducting interviews. Perhaps not enough people applied this year. This rounds up my list of schools that I applied to. This is my 17th interview invite! Not going though...got accepted elsewhere and I'm content with my decision.

@Bex100042....yes there is a facebook group for the c/o 2017 transfers, however no one is really in it aside from me and my girlfriend. have you heard anything else from other people?

Hey guys, I have a stupid question about the Vermont campus. How well do students dress for classes? When I interviewed it was cold and rainy so most students were dressed in jeans and hoodies - are classes always this casual?

Would love to hear from current students before I go out and buy a bunch of button down collared shirts, khakis and new dress shoes. I look forward to meeting everyone this Fall!

Yeah you only have to dress up for lab day but some students choose to dress up every day. For lab, guys must wear as stated in the lab dress code: collared shirt and tie with non denim slacks. And women must wear: skirt, dress or non denim slacks with a shirt or blouse.

I look forward to meeting everyone in Vermont!
Someone should set up an acphs vt 2017 Facebook page if there isn't one already

Congrats to the entering P1 class of ACPHS! I am a student here at the Vermont campus, entering my P2 year, and I am very interested in meeting all the new P1s. I was in your shoes last year, and I know how excited and nervous you guys are. I learned a lot in my P1 year, and will be glad to answer any questions/concerns that any of you guys have. I also have all the important textbooks you guys will need for your P1 classes, and I will sell them at a lower price than the online bookstore. So to all of you upcoming P1s feel free to PM me!

hi.. I am actually going to be a p1 at the albany campus.Are the classes pretty much the same and what textbooks are needed for p1 since i know many are not worth getting?

Yes, the classes are all the same for P1s at both campuses.

The books you will need for 1st semester (some for both P1 semesters) are: Human physiology by silverthorn 6th edition, Ansel's pharmaceutical dosage forms and drug delivery systems 9th edition, Pharmaceutical's calculations 13th edition, the immune system 3rd edition, clinical pharmacy in the united states, and biochemistry 3rd edition.

For the second semester, you will need : molecular biology of the cell 5th edition, and handbook of non-prescription drugs 17th edition.

If you go to this website, you can search for the books you need for each class and order them. This is also the website where you'll buy your white coat.

http://www.bkstr.com/CategoryDisplay/10001-9604-10349-1

You can login to http://mycampus.acphs.edu/ and look at your class schedule and use that information to search.

Hope this helps.

I gave my interview yesterday. I feel relieved. What do you think my chances are?
I am gonna be getting Bsc. in Biochemistry with Spec. in Biotechnology.
Overall GPA - 3.10
Science & Math - 3.40
PCAT - 66
Good Luck everyone!

I don't know about this school in particular, but I was able to change my interview date for another school. Just email the school's admission people and ask them about it and they should be able to give you a later interview date.

I am so sorry for replying late, I have been buzy travelling to other interviews. I got accepted into the Vermont campus. I was interview by two faculty mambers, the interview was pretty laid back and lasted about 20 minutes.
Hey ! I have an interview coming up , is it an MMI