Albert Einstein, Philadelphia - Prelim Internal Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CAMD2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have information on this program or a feel for how difficult/cush it is? Previous threads suggested it was a desired internship, but the hospital website indicates that they recently dissolved the transitional year program, leaving only a preliminary internal medicine program.

Anyone a current resident there or know someone there who can give the true scoop on what the program is like now? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at another Philly Prelim, and was told that while the Einstein TY was pretty cush, there were some concerns about the prelim IM (especially after the TY was closed). I had an interview scheduled there but was unable to attend at the last minute, so I unfortunately can't explain further. All I can say is I've heard it has become harder this year.

I am also very curious about this. Anyone have any info on this? Not just how cush it is but also how good the training is?

Members don't see this ad :)
bump--I'm interested to know others' experience for this prelim program as well.

I'm in med school in Philly and have run into two residents in the last few months who completed the TY program at Einstein last year and said that it was extremely malignant, with residents routinely 'ratting' each other out to superiors, huge amounts of scut, poor teaching, inflexible scheduling and a toxic atmosphere. They hated their time there and could not wait to be done. While they were not in the prelim med program this may apply there as well. Hope this is helpful. Perhaps someone who has heard specifically about the prelim med program can correct this if it does not apply.

I'm in med school in Philly and have run into two residents in the last few months who completed the TY program at Einstein last year and said that it was extremely malignant, with residents routinely 'ratting' each other out to superiors, huge amounts of scut, poor teaching, inflexible scheduling and a toxic atmosphere. They hated their time there and could not wait to be done. While they were not in the prelim med program this may apply there as well. Hope this is helpful. Perhaps someone who has heard specifically about the prelim med program can correct this if it does not apply.

Thanks for the info. I canceled my interview seeing as the schedule was kinda bad and the pay is trash (51k).