All I Want for Christmas is......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Enough pens to never have to worry about loosing them.
Subscription to Scientific American.
One of those mats that protects your back seat from dog ****.
Restaurant gift cards! So nice to be able to have a free meal sometimes :)

Members don't see this ad.

I saved up enough money to buy myself what I've wanted for a while now.

sony-nex-5-flash-up.jpg

I'm in love. The pictures are great. I'm so excited to try it out at the next horse show!

Dear Santa,
I'd like a new swivel desk chair, a new comforter for the bed, the rug I have my eye on at TJMaxx and for everyone in the family to be healthy so we can visit! I've been really, really good this year, so please come through!
Thanks,
Bisbee

Members don't see this ad :)
Since we are dreaming, I'd like a multi-million dollar winning lottery ticket, Hawaiian beach house, Aston Martin Db9, herd of Friesians, and an unlimited supply of nutella...

Reactions: 1 user
I saved up enough money to buy myself what I've wanted for a while now.

sony-nex-5-flash-up.jpg

I'm in love. The pictures are great. I'm so excited to try it out at the next horse show!

That is AWESOME!! What's the model on that...I think I want one now too...

That is AWESOME!! What's the model on that...I think I want one now too...

Sony NEX-5
There is a better version (NEX-5n), but I liked the price of mine better. :]

Since we are dreaming, I'd like a multi-million dollar winning lottery ticket, Hawaiian beach house, Aston Martin Db9, herd of Friesians, and an unlimited supply of nutella...

Nutella :love:

I get it all the time. I hate though how expensive it is in the US. :[

That is scary. How much of that are you inhaling that you get it "all the time". If you are not careful you will end up looking like me:eek:

I literally bought a big glass about every week. Haven't had it the last two weeks though. I gave up drinking soda for it. Hahaha.

I literally bought a big glass about every week. Haven't had it the last two weeks though. I gave up drinking soda for it. Hahaha.

Relevant. In a fit of madness I ate three or so spoons of nutella a couple weeks ago and haven't been able to stomach any more since. Too much chocolatey deliciousness.

Relevant. In a fit of madness I ate three or so spoons of nutella a couple weeks ago and haven't been able to stomach any more since. Too much chocolatey deliciousness.

I was having a bad day and ate about a third of a big glass at once. Best and worst thing ever at the same time. Hahaha.

I'm going to go ahead and second the lotto ticket. And 2 great dane pups. Perhaps a big house to fit them in?

Members don't see this ad :)

Oh heeeeeeck no. I couldn't watch more than 30 seconds of that. Does something terrible happen at the end? I'm afraid for that kid's heart.

Sunshine!!! Rochester is soooooooo gray. I don't care if there's snow on the ground... I just want some sun in my eyes...

To be able to post in the successful applicants thread :D

A calorie-free, but just as delicious nutella :)

Nutella :love:

I get it all the time. I hate though how expensive it is in the US. :[

HAH!!! nothing will EVER look expensive again in the US after living on an island where EVERYTHING has to be imported. you want to talk expensive nutella?! (but i love my island, and i'm going to be paying $10k less than projected for my schooling this year because i live cheaply :D )

also, i add a tsp of nutella to hot chocolate-amazing!

HAH!!! nothing will EVER look expensive again in the US after living on an island where EVERYTHING has to be imported. you want to talk expensive nutella?! (but i love my island, and i'm going to be paying $10k less than projected for my schooling this year because i live cheaply :D )

also, i add a tsp of nutella to hot chocolate-amazing!

Finland. 1.5 liters of diet coke for €2.30? My addict self cries tears for cheap US soda. The cheap mozarella and other cheeses (comparatively) make up for it somewhat, though...

(And on a slightly unrelated but still relevant note, the exchange rate fluctuations are actually really pissing me off right now - my €500 deposit was $725 when I paid it, and I'm currently only looking to get back $675 when I move out. e.e What currency do you guys use down there, and does your tuition adjust for exchange rates or is it just paid in USD?)

Last edited:
Finland. 2 liters of diet coke for €2.30? My addict self cries tears for cheap US soda. The cheap mozarella and other cheeses (comparatively) make up for it somewhat, though...

(And on a slightly unrelated but still relevant note, the exchange rate fluctuations are actually really pissing me off right now - my €500 deposit was $725 when I paid it, and I'm currently only looking to get back $675 when I move out. e.e What currency do you guys use down there, and does your tuition adjust for exchange rates or is it just paid in USD?)

Eastern Caribbean (EC). tuition is done in USD (although i'm pretty sure the EC exchange rate has been the same for a long time so it wouldn't really matter too much) oh yeah, its $2.67 EC for every $1 US

So unoriginal, but all I can think about is wanting an acceptance to CSU (or Western... or Minnesota). CSU should be sending out acceptances/rejections right before Christmas, so I am calling that my Christmas wish!

I'm going to try this. Like, now.

i started it simply because all they had here was swiss miss hot chocolate and i'm not a huge fan of it (or hot chocolate without milk). and since i wasn't going to use milk (too expensive for that!), i decided it needed a little help and have been pleased ever since! don't use too much! and be warned that it doesn't dissolve perfectly, but it is still delicious! :D

An acceptance to UF on the 12th!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, no joke. For Xmas, I want this:

14072040-.jpg

I am 99.9% sure if you brought those to Dr. Pasquini's anatomy class/exams you'd get an A on the spot just for having such a drool-worthy collection. he is a HUGE fan of drawings and coloring (thus it made up about 40% of our exams-annoying but an extremely useful tool for learning anatomy)

I am 99.9% sure if you brought those to Dr. Pasquini's anatomy class/exams you'd get an A on the spot just for having such a drool-worthy collection. he is a HUGE fan of drawings and coloring (thus it made up about 40% of our exams-annoying but an extremely useful tool for learning anatomy)

No, the crayolas are fine for that sort of gruntwork. These babies would be for art! I miss drawing!

I want to do this for a friend for Xmas.

11nami.large1.jpg

14072040-.jpg

I HAVE! They were a graduation gift a couple of years ago... The set is truly fantastic. However, I want:

wvgh7jDKmKuD4eYAxDBoB34ZEn9Rvu4i3C68ooUgjVU5W22Pc_Xvw5TKRARA6k9E_ac5ir7w5EWGzraT6D1JZngl0t1lHOBF1RaQufd3Y2SkZS0u1p_Ac9kIzFsc-NM8rA76C_9tsCeqAPsE6uPHTrWRtlix

The Breville Tea Maker (for all the nights I hope to be up late studying at vet school).

images

A Great dane pup (or two)

antique-hot-chocolate-set21.jpg

A 200 year old hot chocolate set (because every girl needs one).

Any or all of those would be good in addition to interviews and acceptances from all my schools....

No, the crayolas are fine for that sort of gruntwork. These babies would be for art! I miss drawing!

oh yes, crayolas are quite nice (i have a nice 30 pack of twistables) but i suddenly began dreaming of how much nicer my sagittal head, pelvic limb, cranial nerves, and genital schematics could have been with so many pretty colors :D

And I want well-supported breasts while I draw (or play the banjo), so I need some push up bras in pretty colors too. It all makes sense.
:rofl: Bra collections are grand. I am always tempted to invest in a VS one...then I click submit on my student loans, wiping away my hope for something else....:(

:laugh: When I first read this I read, "I want well-supported beasts." What kind of beasts would you like?

:laugh::laugh::laugh: A dragon. Like Toothless <3 <3 A Chinchilla. A huge floppy earred bunny.... But I have my cat who I am always so grateful for :biglove:

ART SUPPLIES! (That new Crayola crayon maker looks pretty sick!) I love colors. Black and white is so over-rated on so many levels.

Oh, and Santa, any way you can make sure there's a small amount of snow? Not enough to cause serious accidents....or a blizzard (no strandings on Christmas!) but enough to make my house a winter wonderland.

Amen.

All I want for christmas is.....

1. To get into veterinary school :oops:) preferably PENN or CSU!!
2. All my credit card debt paid off
3. A new circulatory system so that I can ski more than 2 or 3 runs before having to get wam in the lodge...
4. SUPER warm ski jacket and pants and base layers and anything that would keep me warmer if 3 isnt possible
5. new phone
6. A kindle or tablet
7. Enough money to get my family and friends really awesome gifts

so there's a story circulating around about an 8-yr old with Leukemia who wants to receive 1000 postcards for christmas from around the country. if you're interested in sending one, here's the address:
Ethan Blevins
7 West Room 7182
UVA 1215 Lee Street
Charlottesville, VA 22902

http://www.billycoffey.com/2011/11/changing-ethans-world/

:thumbup: Just shared his story on facebook. I'm going to go into town today just to buy him a postcard so I can write to him. Everyone deserves to know that they're special :biglove:

It's funny, as the holiday gets closer, I keep asking Santa for stuff for other people. Odd.;)