All Texas Schools-- Interview Offers!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jespere

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interview Offers!!!

Hi every1! I finished my applications for most of the schools in Texas...I am getting so nervous and anxious waiting to hear from them:oops:

My question is: How long after you've complete your application did it take to get your interview offer for these schools:
1. Texas Tech
2. Texas A&M Kingsville
3. Texas Southern
4. University of Houston
5. Incarnate Word

Thanks everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to UH late October. I was given an interview date on January 26th in December, I got my acceptance letter today!!!!

I applied to Tech on like 1/4, and got an interview about a week and a half later. Gluck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also sent my application in to UH in October, interviewed Jan 26th, and got my acceptance letter yesterday! :D

Applied to UT-Austin 1/4 and recieved interview this past wednesday 2/7/06.

Finished all other applications by around 1/25 and still waiting to hear back. Good luck!

Congratulations to ever1 who got accepted!!!

Thanks for your replies!

For those who've been accepted, what were your stats?

a) GPA -- Overall GPA / Science GPA

b) PCAT

c) any pharmacy experience?

Thank you all!!!

- J'espere

Accepted to UH

a) GPA -- Overall GPA 3.71: undergrad and 4.0 masters
Science GPA: I have no idea but somewhere around 3.8

b) PCAT - 85

c) any pharmacy experience? - about 7 months of volunteer experience

GPA - 3.57
PCAT - 83
Experience - 1.5 months of volunteer work

other - officer of the Pre-Pharmacy Association @ UH.

Texas Southern University

Applied in early February (due to January PCAT).
Interview letter around March.
Interview date around April.
Acceptance letter early to mid May.

GPA: Science/Math 3.9 Overall 3.7
PCAT: 94
Experience at time: 6 months with CVS

B.B.A. Management Information Systems from UH College of Business.

Other: TSU was the only school I was able to apply to because the January PCAT was too late in the admissions process. I think UH has since changed their policy on accepting January scores... to my misfortune, one year too late. Average PCAT scores at my school are around the 60s, from the people I've talked to, and it's very political here.

Just got an interview request now from UH for March the 2nd! Finished applying on Jan. 9th completely

Congrats Laterulus! I just got invited for the 3/2 interview at UH also ! I'm so excited, but even more nervous!

For: pharmacistUH and AggieRx and ever1 who knows--How was the interview process? What kind of preparation did you have to do?

Members don't see this ad :)
I over prepared. It was very laid back. I would suggest looking at all of the interview feedbacks. I wasn't asked anything that I hadn't previously seen on those feedbacks. You cant really prepare for the essay or group project. Just try not to stress out!

Just got an interview request now from UH for March the 2nd! Finished applying on Jan. 9th completely

Hey!! I graduated from Baylor back in Fall 2000! Good luck with UH - that's the school I want to go to as well. I will be applying early decision for Fall 2008. Be sure and tell us when you get your acceptance letter!:)

Congrat to all who have been accepted to UH. Looks like I will be joining those of you who have an interview on 3/2. Looks like I'll be spending the weekend filling out interview forms :)

Texas Southern University

Applied in early February (due to January PCAT).
Interview letter around March.
Interview date around April.
Acceptance letter early to mid May.

GPA: Science/Math 3.9 Overall 3.7
PCAT: 94
Experience at time: 6 months with CVS

B.B.A. Management Information Systems from UH College of Business.

Other: TSU was the only school I was able to apply to because the January PCAT was too late in the admissions process. I think UH has since changed their policy on accepting January scores... to my misfortune, one year too late. Average PCAT scores at my school are around the 60s, from the people I've talked to, and it's very political here.

hi your stats are strong i think you will get in i just applied last minute to TSU and Texas A&M my sgpa is 3.35 and ogpa is 3.2 i still havent recieved my pcat scores i have one month volunteer experience ans 1.5 yrs experience working as a nurse am hoping for the best

The interview for UH was so fun. I had a blast. I was like Aggie, I over-prepared and almost psyched myself out. I really enjoyed the interview, and my suggestion to everyone else is to just relax and have fun.

Hi evry1 that's been interviewed and will be interviewed for UH!

I'm curious to know what do y'all think about questions on the interview questionaire and the essay that should submitted prior to your interview for UH? Which essay topic did you choose?

I think they were harder than I expected which makes me really nervous about the real interview....

My boyfriend just got an interview invite for Incarnate Word. Is this their first set of interviews this year?
Any Incarnate Word pharmacy students on here know how the program's first year is going? Do you like the school so far?

Hey,
Admission is contingent upon finish your prerequisites with a C or better. Does the same apply to classes that are not a part of the prerequisites?

My boyfriend just got an interview invite for Incarnate Word. Is this their first set of interviews this year?
Any Incarnate Word pharmacy students on here know how the program's first year is going? Do you like the school so far?
Hey ivy, did he get his invite via email or in the mail? and if you don't mind, what were his stats? and when did he turn in his app?

He received his interview invite by email and he turned in his application at the beginning of January. I am not sure about his stats, it depends on if UIW averages classes that are retaken or take the highest. He said 3.38 pre-pharmacy gpa if they average.

for those of you who recieved an invitation to interview for UH, were you contacted by mail or e-mail?

thanks

I received my UH interview invite via e-mail. It's sent with four attachments (info and forms that need to be filled out prior to interview). I never got anything from them in the mail.

Has anyone else received anything from Incarnate Word? i'm trying to wait patiently but i'm so anxious!

has anyone heard of interviews/acceptance to UT Austin? If so, give me your stats and details of interview.
Im stressing out and it may be all the way until May for the decision to be made!

has anyone heard of interviews/acceptance to UT Austin? If so, give me your stats and details of interview.
Im stressing out and it may be all the way until May for the decision to be made!

I interviewed last year on Feb. 14 and got an acceptance email on Mar. 7. So it should be soon.

Recived interview request for Kingsville via DHL over night letter.

Interview Mar. 15

texasSOP, what are your stats if you don't mind?

I received an interview request for Texas A&M via email but have not received the letter yet.

I received an interview request for Texas A&M via email but have not received the letter yet.

hi i applied to texas a&m too can u tell me what your stats are

hi i applied to texas a&m too can u tell me what your stats are

3.58 GPA, 3.7 Science GPA, 83 PCAT, pharm tech certification

thanks for you reply your stats are really good goodluck hope u get in am still waiting anxiously

I know what you mean! :)

Good luck to you too.

Recieved interview request for Kingsville Pharm on 3/2 via e-mail. My interview is on the 29th. GL everyone.

Congrats to everyone who has an interview, and Good Luck. Again, the best advice I could give is to just relax, be yourself, and have fun!

I just received my very first interview letter from U of H on March 6, 2007. The interview is at 9:15am March 30, 2007 and will last 4 1/2 hours. Wow, Im so excited! Who else is going to be there with me?

I gotta say, Im a bit nervous about the 30 minute critical thinking and 45 minute discussion. Is this just another weed out process or what?

I just received my interview invite for UIW scheduled for March 29th! :D

There's gonna be a 20 min interview, 30 min spontaneous writing sample, and a 45min-1hr internet-based critical thinking exam. YIKES!!

Good luck to everyone!!!

I'm interviewing on the 29th as well at UIW

just got invited for interview at Tech. I finished applying in early january but harcourt took until february the 28th to have my PCAT scores sent out. Hopefully i'm not interviewing so late that there's hardly any spots left making my interview statistically pointless.

:D UT interview request for March 24. excited and scared at the same time. Any pointers?

Ut interview on the 24h as well! i cannot wait for this

If you had interviewed with UH on 3/2, have you heard back from them yet?
This Friday will be 2 weeks since the interview date and I heard from some people w/ earlier interviews that UH responds within 2 weeks...But..since this week is spring break, what happens?

Does anyone know how soon they should respond back? I really need to know so I can decide whether to go to interviews for other schools or not. Waiting is no fun!

I just received my very first interview letter from U of H on March 6, 2007. The interview is at 9:15am March 30, 2007 and will last 4 1/2 hours. Wow, Im so excited! Who else is going to be there with me?

I gotta say, Im a bit nervous about the 30 minute critical thinking and 45 minute discussion. Is this just another weed out process or what?

When did u send ur application? My grade got messed up bc of sm mistakes so I applied to UH reallie late, like on the deadline date... I'm still waiting, this is killing me. Does any1 here apply THAT late? And have u received anything yet?
My stats is GPA: 3.85, PCAT: 80 ( but low verbal and reading) ... I'm so worried :( :( :(

When did u send ur application? My grade got messed up bc of sm mistakes so I applied to UH reallie late, like on the deadline date... I'm still waiting, this is killing me. Does any1 here apply THAT late? And have u received anything yet?
My stats is GPA: 3.85, PCAT: 80 ( but low verbal and reading) ... I'm so worried :( :( :(

Hello, I applied late w/ a Jan. PCAT score and haven't heard back either. So that makes two of us:). i wonder when UH interview people up to. Late march...late april? anyone know? the fact it is rolling doesn't help either.

UH generally interviews every Friday through the end of April. Don't worry! There are still plenty of interview dates left!

Hello, I applied late w/ a Jan. PCAT score and haven't heard back either. So that makes two of us:). i wonder when UH interview people up to. Late march...late april? anyone know? the fact it is rolling doesn't help either.

:( :( My friend turned in her application late Jan, got interview during spring break ( the March the 13th) ... Other friends also told me that at UH, usually it takes 2-3 wks to find out if u get the interview or not. If u do, it will be via email, if u dun, it'd take longer... by mail. For personal reason, UH was the ONLY school i applied to and I'm really freaked out rite now :(