Allopathic residencies accepting comlex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starrynight911

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a list of good residency programs who take comlex and are DO friendly.

So far I have Baylor, UCSD and Boston University

I scored a 548 on my STEP 1 comlex, how competitive will that be for the top programs that are DO friendly and take comlex?

Also does anyone know of any programs that have a sports medicine track during residency? I know UCSD does but am not sure of any others.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on where you want to apply
Most programs here in the Midwest are pretty DO and COMLEX friendly with the exception of University of Chicago and Northwestern

My general impression from last year is that if you are thinking fellowship then you are better served to go somewhere which has a sports med fellowship in house

And also as a general rule dually accredited programs tend to be more COMLEX friendly

Posted using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
The main places I am looking at are California, Texas, Florida and big cities like Chicago, Boston, New York

If you want Sports Medicine, your best bet is to do a Family Medicine residency and then a Sports Medicine Fellowship. Virtually every one of both of those programs in the country are DO friendly.